Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting quotes from the players

Quote: 

Henne completed 14 of 28 passes for 193 yards and a touchdown with an interception Sunday. Shorts said the criticism of Henne is coming “from people who don’t know football.”

“If you know football, if you get in the film room and understand what’s going on, they’ll say something else,” Shorts said. “Now, if you’re better than Chad, bring your butt here and play quarterback. You feel me? … There’s more than what’s on TV. It’s bigger than that.

“Chad is my quarterback, period. Done deal.”

The part in bold is what I have always thought.

Quote: 

“You’ve got to know the plays,” defensive tackle Roy Miller said. “We want to get to the point where we’re playing and I can help out a guy if he makes a mistake. You can’t do that if you don’t know the plays by yourself. If you don’t know where to lineup and you don’t know where this guy’s going on this play or that play, there’s no way you can be dominant.

“Everybody’s going to make a mistake here and there, but the part where a defense is going to be really good is when you can cover for another guy when he makes his mistake. That’s the part we want to get to. I guess we have to start at the basic level.”

Miller said he didn’t want to use youth or experience level as an excuse.

There are certain things we need to do in this defense, and it needs to happen every damn Sunday.”

This is exactly the attitude that I like seeing.

Quote: 

“There are definitely things we have to correct, but nothing that we can’t get done,” offensive guard Zane Beadles said. “There’s a level of, ‘Let’s get back to work and let’s get this corrected as a group and stay together and get that done.’”

<div> 
Beadles said the key for the offensive line is developing a mentality.

“You’re going to get beat physically,” Beadles said. “If you haven’t been beat physically in this league, you haven’t played. But it’s the mentality, having a little bit of an edge, finishing plays, getting guys on the ground - that’s what we need to do. We’ll come out Wednesday and we’ll start doing that.”

</div>
Again, this is the attitude that I like to see.  Analyze and identify the problem(s) and correct them.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thanks Captain Spock.

Personally, I think they should spend less time making quotes and more time getting better at football.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

May the force be with you.

Shorts said this? Lol.

Quote:Thanks Captain Spock.

Actually, it's Commander Spock.  :thumbsup:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Love Cecil Shorts defending the QB who has yet to be able to throw him the ball this season. Maybe if he were out there on the field I would have more inclination to listen to what he's saying...

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 08:06 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

"Chad's our guy" ---- I bet if we went back to week 2 of last season, we'd see that the players were stating "Blaine is our guy"

At this point in time, I could care less what the players are saying.  I just know they stink on Sundays.

.... for the record, Cecil has had about 12 concussions so I'm not certain we need to be posting his quotes.

Yeah, Henne haters don't know football.  Bunch of bed wetting knee jerkers...

Where did you get those quotes from? When did they say those things?

I totally agree with Shorts. There is no way you can know everything that happens just by sitting in front of your TV for three and a half hours.

Quote:The part in bold is what I have always thought.

<div> 
This is exactly the attitude that I like seeing.

Again, this is the attitude that I like to see.  Analyze and identify the problem(s) and correct them.

</div>

This is the stuff that should have been done in the off season.  I'm glad we are figuring out that we need to learn the plays going into week 3 of the regular season.  I call that great leadership and coaching. #sarcasm

Quote:Actually, it's Commander Spock.  :thumbsup:

He never became an Admiral?  I could have sworn by Next Generation he was an admiral. 

Quote:"Chad's our guy" ---- I bet if we went back to week 2 of last season, we'd see that the players were stating "Blaine is out guy"

At this point in time, I could care less what the players are saying.  I just know they stink on Sundays.

.... for the record, Cecil has had about 12 concussions so I'm not certain we need to be posting his quotes.
^This^

Quote:Where did you get those quotes from? When did they say those things?

I totally agree with Shorts. There is no way you can know everything that happens just by sitting in front of your TV for three and a half hours.

I don't know, I think alot of folks can figure out the Henne isn't a franchise QB from just watching the games on TV...

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 08:10 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Maybe the team should be watching TV so they can see what the rest of the nation is seeing.

Shorts said the same thing about Gabbert. He's a good team mate I'll give him that. But he's delusional if he thinks Henne's a good QB.

Glad shorts is making these comments. Hamstring tightness; guess someone like Alshon Jeffrey can play for his team. That's why Cecil will never be a top tier player; those that do play through bumps and bruises as well as tightness.

I just got a copy of Gus' interview template that he gave to the players....

[insert name here] is our guy.  We have total confidence in [insert name here].  We need to play better as a team to give [insert name here] every chance possible to succeed. 

Quote:I just got a copy of Gus' interview template that he gave to the players....

[insert name here] is our guy.  We have total confidence in [insert name here].  We need to play better as a team to give [insert name here] every chance possible to succeed. 

"We are one. We are one. We are one.. *gulp*"

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

lol ok Cecil.