Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions from the Washington Game

Quote:I think you're missing the point. For me and I think for many other Jag fans, all Bortles needs to do this season is make this team remotely watchable. One or two drives (hell, one or two PLAYS) to get excited about as opposed to spending 3 hours in complete and utterly depressing, soul-destroying silence.

Hey, at this point I'm down for whatever.  I'm with you.  This entire thing is soul destroying.  That's a great way of putting it.  But to think that Henne is the primary cause of our destruction seems to be wishful thinking.  Bortles is going to have to be the second coming of John Elway at this point to overcome the problems we have on offense.

Our D will drastically improve if our O would just sustain drives.  But can Bortles really be the difference that would make our running game better?  Or our play calling?

I mean that's alot to ask for.

But like I said.  I'm ready for something else.  This offense is bad.  Like really really bad.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hey, at this point I'm down for whatever. I'm with you. This entire thing is soul destroying. That's a great way of putting it. But to think that Henne is the primary cause of our destruction seems to be wishful thinking. Bortles is going to have to be the second coming of John Elway at this point to overcome the problems we have on offense.

Our D will drastically improve if our O would just sustain drives. But can Bortles really be the difference that would make our running game better? Or our play calling?

I mean that's alot to ask for.

But like I said. I'm ready for something else. This offense is bad. Like really really bad.
So just for funsy sake, say by some miracle The Blake Knight starts next week and lights up the ponies, and suddenly we go from zeros to heros, how would you say that reflects on this staff
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:I guess the truth hurts.

You can dream up all the excuses you want but a major solution is on the bench right now.

If you honestly believe this, then you simply don't understand the game.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:So just for funsy sake, say by some miracle The Blake Knight starts next week and lights up the ponies, and suddenly we go from zeros to heros, how would you say that reflects on this staff

That they put him in at the right time? Nah, whatever happens it will reflect poorly on the leadership, just like it always has all the way back to you all crying about Tom Coughlin being too mean to the players in Wisconsin.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 06:28 PM by dennisp3.)

Quote:Agreed on every single point.

My thing is putting him in at this point, with the mass incompetence on the OL, is akin to bailing out the Titanic with a coffee mug.
Not quit that bad if you notice Henne on more than one occasion dropped back so fare the tackles had no chance of sealing the edge. He holds the ball to long and it may be because he locks on one player and waits for him to break free. We know that is true because of the number of balls he gets knocked down at the line of scrimmage. Being able to scan the field to find the open receiver and get the ball out quick would have had a substantial affect on the pass rush and sacks. Then if you can roll out and throw effective on the run it will help keep the defense honest. It will help to prevent eight players in the box every play. It's hard to know just how different the game might have turned out even with a bad O-line. But on thing I am certain of coach speak that Henne gives us the best chance to win an insult to the fans.

the bigger question is did we even show up today? it looked like the team was there, but not there at the same time. I didn't see the high energy this week the team had last week. anyone else notice that?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Impression is, Jaguars stunk it up big time.  Browns looking better than the Jaguars.

Quote:If you honestly believe this, then you simply don't understand the game.

I guess I don't understand the game then.

Quote:I guess I don't understand the game then.

Well then allow me to tell you with all confidence that one player, especially a rookie, will not suddenly turn this team into a playoff contender. There are just too many holes in other areas.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Impression is, Jaguars stunk it up big time.  Browns looking better than the Jaguars.
Browns would beat the Jags 38-3

Quote:Impression is, Jaguars stunk it up big time.  Browns looking better than the Jaguars.

I don't think there is a team that looks worse than the Jags.

Jags securely in that #32 spot in the power polls.

Quote:So just for funsy sake, say by some miracle The Blake Knight starts next week and lights up the ponies, and suddenly we go from zeros to heros, how would you say that reflects on this staff

First of all, I'm hoping that BB5 starts next week.  I really don't  care to watch this non-sense anymore.

Second, I hope that BB5 kills it next week. 

Now if BB5 comes in and kills it, how does that reflect on Fish?  I think it means that Fish is lucky to have an NFL Elite QB.  I think it still shows that Fish is a weak OC.  It really doesn't reflect well on the OC if the offense was trash untill they switched QBs.  Because to me it means that the QB is overcoming the garbage that the OC is implementing.

Would you see it differently?

Now conversley, if BB5 comes in and struggles and we see the same pathetic packages, formations, and plays, then I'll be screaming from the Wells Fargo Building that we need to fire Fish post haste. 

Quote:I don't think there is a team that looks worse than the Jags.

Jags securely in that #32 spot in the power polls.

The 'Clowns have scored 27 or more points in both their games.  I can't remember the last time we score back to back 27 point games!  

Quote:For the record, at this stage, this offensive line is worse than the expansion year OL (minus Boselli).

I was thinking the same thing.   This is the worst offensive line in team history. 

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 06:49 PM by Etdavis2006.)

I just think we need to step back and relax. This team was still bad and Bortles will not make them playoff bound. I do think the offense would be more competent with him. 5 three and outs to start the game is just maddening.

I hope everyone in the organization re-examines their self and if they feel they are on the right path then so be it. If not, then I hope they make the necessary changes.  

Quote:I was thinking the same thing.   This is the worst offensive line in team history. 

League history at this rate.

Quote:First of all, I'm hoping that BB5 starts next week. I really don't care to watch this non-sense anymore.

Second, I hope that BB5 kills it next week.

Now if BB5 comes in and kills it, how does that reflect on Fish? I think it means that Fish is lucky to have an NFL Elite QB. I think it still shows that Fish is a weak OC. It really doesn't reflect well on the OC if the offense was trash untill they switched QBs. Because to me it means that the QB is overcoming the garbage that the OC is implementing.

Would you see it differently?

Now conversley, if BB5 comes in and struggles and we see the same pathetic packages, formations, and plays, then I'll be screaming from the Wells Fargo Building that we need to fire Fish post haste.
Just to play devils advocate, if we run the exact same plays and we are wildly more successful then it's tough to fault play calling over play running, however that would solidify that our shiny Knight should have been starting to begin with and then those who make decisions should then have their decisions questioned
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:League history at this rate.

Could be right.

Quote:Whatever.

He's made that Colts team a competitive team and that roster stinks on ice.

Actually no they don't. There are holes in that team but there is strength that they also have too. Their defensive backfield and D line is in the upper tier if the league. The o line is bottom tier. receivers are all good and healthy Bradshaw is very much a good player. So no, Luck is good at times but there is more than Andrew wearing the horseshoe.

Quote:I was thinking the same thing.   This is the worst offensive line in team history. 
I hesitate to even call it a "line" it's so dysfunctional.  I hope they roll with Bowanko at center and anyone but Bradfield at RT the rest of the way.    Maybe Frenchie will be back soon.  

The whole line was bad, but Beadles,McClendon and Bradfield were whiffing or getting beat way too much.