Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Gordon Suspended 1 year

Quote:They're not being pressured by society. They're following the law in most states. There are still companies in Colorado and California that drug test and will terminate employment for a positive result. So, despite the softening of views as a society, there are still companies who hold true to the policies regardless.

It isn't state law to drug test. Testing people on whether they are following the law is not a requirement by the state.

Policies? Whose policies? Their own? It isn't illegal in those states. In one sentence you state NFL is just following the law and in another you state companies are just following policies but not the law.

Public opinion on pot has changed significantly and will keep increasing for its legalization. Eventually the NFL will soften its stance. And you know why? Due to society/public pressure to do so.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: If that happens,  this time the ' fans'  in the Dawg Pound will be throwing bottles at the Browns brass.

The Browns need a go to WR much more than a complimentary WR.   They wouldn't even consider trading one of their 2 or 3 best players for anything less than a top flight WR or the equivalent.    It's not a knock on CSIII,  who is a good WR to have as part of an overall WR corp.

Even D6 admits CS3 is nothing more than a complimentary WR. :yes: 

Thats why I later added the draft choice to pair with Shorts. 

But I was later told that the trade would be illegal via the CBA. 

Quote:Even D6 admits CS3 is nothing more than a complimentary WR. :yes:

D6 hit the nail on the head and also points out why it was absurd you even mentioned it.

It'd take a high draft choice plus CSIII for the Brownies to even consider that trade.  CSIII is not a true WR1 and that's what they need.

You do realize he was shooting down your trade idea, right?

You also realize that NOBODY on this board considers Shorts a top flight receiver. That doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things because he IS the best receiver on this roster.

You're so desperate for validation.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Yeah, I say what the hell right back....

I see/ read this story and see that the Browns now are desperate for WR help. 

I see the Jaguars still desperate for OL help, primarily Center. 

So to make that happen I suggest a trade. 

....and because the most likely candidate for a trade happens to be someone who people don't want to see go (for whatever their reasons) they have to cry "troll" or "derail" when it is genuinely NOT either. 

The trade idea stems directly from the information released in the story, meaning If Gordon wasn't banned or banned for only a partial season, then there'd be no reason to suggest trading a WR to the Browns. 

Now, perhaps I am not offering enough in the deal, as maybe another mid round pick might have to bee added in addition to Shorts, but if it would get Mack here, I'd do it. Mack would provide the OL with the kind of stability that Mankins just gave Tampa's line. 

Mack cant be traded, it would violate the CBA.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:You do realize he was shooting down your trade idea, right?

You also realize that NOBODY on this board considers Shorts a top flight receiver. That doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things because he IS the best receiver on this roster.

You're so desperate for validation.

You are talking to air. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:You are talking to air.

Something has to keep that skull from imploding.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote: 

You also realize that NOBODY on this board considers Shorts a top flight receiver.

I don't find that to be true. Achilles sure seems to think he's top flight. 

We've had other posters on this board also argue that he's better than Blackmon (and not just now that Blackmon is SSPD)

Quote:I don't find that to be true. Achilles sure seems to think he's top flight.

We've had other posters on this board also argue that he's better than Blackmon (and not just now that Blackmon is SSPD)

I think he is the best receiver we have. I also think he's better than what you give him credit for. You've just never liked him because little baby didn't get what he wants.

All ive done is prove to you that his value exceeds what your tiny shrimp brain can compute.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 10:07 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I think he is the best receiver we have. I also think he's better than what you give him credit for. You've just never liked him because little baby didn't get what he wants.

All ive done is prove to you that his value exceeds what your tiny shrimp brain can compute.

IIRC, you also were one of the posters who were claiming that Shorts > Blackmon. You weren't alone, either as there were several on this board who expressed that incorrect take. 

LOL @ the last line.....more personal insults - which is more insecurity with your own arguments displayed. Laughing

Aw, man, another conspiracy theory shot down.

Awaiting the next one ,,,,,,,,

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Shorts had he stayed healthy would have back to back 1,000 yard seasons and yes is our best receiver right now.

There's probably less than 32 WR's in the NFL that are true # 1 WR's.  CS3 seems to get the most out of his ability and can be a winning piece to the puzzle if key pieces to a puzzle at the skill positions are in place.    If CS3 was playing opposite A.J. Green with the Bengals for instance,   I think he would get plenty of national recognition and help the Bengals get back to the playoffs.   Calvin Johnson could have used a CS3 caliber WR opposite him last season when Nate Burleson went down for 7 games from an off the field accident.   

Even with a middle round pick thrown in if the trade wasn't illegal via the CBA,   the Browns would be making a mistake if they made such a trade.   When / if the time comes for Johhny Manziel to start for the Browns,   a very high caliber veteran Center like Alex Mack would be invaluable for them.    For the Browns to justify trading Mack if they were allowed to trade him,   they would need something special in return for the trade to make sense for them.  

Quote:I don't find that to be true. Achilles sure seems to think he's top flight. 

Because Justin Blackmon was already displaying signs that he couldn't be counted on and CS3 was playing to his potential,   it's understandable that some people preferred CS3 over Blackmon.    When Blackmon is focused,  doing everything possible to get the most out of his ability,  he's a # 1 caliber WR.   But how many games has Blackmon even played in his NFL career?    If a player isn't dependable,  far too often not much else matters.   

Quote:Because Justin Blackmon was already displaying signs that he couldn't be counted on and CS3 was playing to his potential,   it's understandable that some people preferred CS3 over Blackmon.    When Blackmon is focused,  doing everything possible to get the most out of his ability,  he's a # 1 caliber WR.   But how many games has Blackmon even played in his NFL career?    If a player isn't dependable,  far too often not much else matters.   

except, they weren't just saying it because of the suspensions/ off field stuff. 

Their arguments were that Shorts was the more talented player. Period. 

Quote:except, they weren't just saying it because of the suspensions/ off field stuff. 

It's probably human nature to think more of a player that's productive and playing up to his potential than a player that had a relatively short track record AND couldn't be counted on.   In the case of Justin Blackmon,  it really wasn't until the mid to late November,  2012 when the light came on for him.   I remember watching him in the Jaguars home game against the Lions earlier that month.  Until the game was out of reach,  Blackmon seemed like a non factor.   He was nothing like the player that was on display in Houston a few games later.

Quote:IIRC, you also were one of the posters who were claiming that Shorts > Blackmon. You weren't alone, either as there were several on this board who expressed that incorrect take. 

LOL @ the last line.....more personal insults - which is more insecurity with your own arguments displayed. Laughing

i said the best ability is availability. blackmon is without a doubt more talented and i have always said that.

also i know you like to latch onto certain catch phrases and stuff but me mocking you has nothing to do with insecurity of any kind.

youre supposed to be a genius right?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:except, they weren't just saying it because of the suspensions/ off field stuff. 

show one post where i said that shorts was more talented than blackmon and ill never post on this board again.

Lets not forget who has been throwing CS3 the ball. How will we ever know how good he is until we have Bortles throwing him the ball?

Quote: It's probably human nature to think more of a player that's productive and playing up to his potential than a player that had a relatively short track record AND couldn't be counted on.   In the case of Justin Blackmon,  it really wasn't until the mid to late November,  2012 when the light came on for him.   I remember watching him in the Jaguars home game against the Lions earlier that month.  Until the game was out of reach,  Blackmon seemed like a non factor.   He was nothing like the player that was on display in Houston a few games later.

Against the Lions the Jags had Blaine Gabbert at QB. Not even Calvin Johnson would look good with Gabbert at QB.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"