Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Gordon Suspended 1 year

per NFL.com

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a surprise

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 01:01 PM by JAGFAN88.)

And they didn't draft a WR knowing this might happen. Hey I got an idea Convert JFF to receiver. :teehee: #BecauseBrowns

Dang, just drafted that fool for fantasy haha.

TMD...we told ya so.

Trade them Shorts for Mack

I dunno if I have grown to despise the Browns or not, but I am glad this happened.

I admit I might have been annoyed if he were given less of a suspension than Blackmon.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Trade them Shorts for Mack

(crickets)

Quote:I dunno if I have grown to despise the Browns or not, but I am glad this happened.

I admit I might have been annoyed if he were given less of a suspension than Blackmon.
Agreed on both points.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving fan base. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:TMD...we told ya so.

It was a given he was going to get some sort of suspension.  I'm surprised it was an entire season.  I figured the league would cave in and cut the suspension down. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Thank God we don't have to face this guy.  Last time he played against us, he set some kind of record for receiving yards, IIRC.  

Brought your thread derail A game today huh?

Quote:Agreed on both points.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving fan base. 
Thing is I didn't see them as so bad when they were living vicariously through us when they were in suspended animation and we were in our early years.

Since then, they are every bit as obnoxious as Steelers fans.

Quote:It was a given he was going to get some sort of suspension.  I'm surprised it was an entire season.  I figured the league would cave in and cut the suspension down. 

My thoughts were a minimum of 8 games but I'm not surprised it's a whole season.  He's been in a good amount of trouble and the league is all about protecting the shield.

LOL no chance, that's never going to happen.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 02:09 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Brought your thread derail A game today huh?

They need a receiver now due to the year suspension. We desperately need OL/ Center help. 

I love how when people can't argue against the good ideas being brought up they have to cry thread derail. 

This isn't a derail - it taking the news provided in the OP and providing a solution for both teams based on the news. 

Quote: 

I love how when people can't argue against the good ideas being brought up they have to cry thread derail. 

Right bro. It's all because I can't argue with your genius and has nothing to do with the 1000 "trade Shorts" posts from you on this board already that you insert into every other thread.

Quote:They need a receiver now due to the year suspension. We desperately need OL/ Center help. 

This isn't a derail - it taking the news provided in the OP and providing a solution for both teams based on the news. 

Why would they trade Mack, one of the best, if not THE best at his position, for CSIII?  That makes no sense.  Just because they need a receiver doesn't mean they'd trade Mack for CSIII.  It's an absurd idea.  

Quote:Why would they trade Mack, one of the best, if not THE best at his position, for CSIII?  That makes no sense.  Just because they need a receiver doesn't mean they'd trade Mack for CSIII.  It's an absurd idea.  

Because Mack has a HUGE contract?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Because Mack has a HUGE contract?

Not sure if I am being wooshed here and I am missing sarcasm...

But they JUST signed him to it a couple of months ago.  If the contract were that unpalatable, why bother to match the Jaguars' offer?

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 02:53 PM by MalabarJag.)

Quote:My thoughts were a minimum of 8 games but I'm not surprised it's a whole season.  He's been in a good amount of trouble and the league is all about protecting the shield.

It's really an outrageous suspension based on a barely high test result, when the backup test was below the limit.

But given his past history, he deserves no compassion. This was far from his first foray into forbidden activity. In any case, I'm no fan of the Browns, so:

HA HA (in the required Nelson voice)

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"