Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan Mallet to be traded

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 01:56 PM by SuperJville.)

If TMD was the Texans GM, he would've traded their 2nd round pick for Mallett a couple of months ago.

Talk about value.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 02:01 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If TMD was the Texans GM, he would've traded their 2nd round pick for Mallett a couple of months ago.

Talk about value.

WHatever I would have given them for Mallett or not given for Mallett is immaterial. 

The only thing that matters at the end of the day is the Texans got their QB. 

and now with Savage already on the roster, even have a protege of similar physical tools/ playing style to develop at their pace. 

#texanswinning

Quote:WHatever I would have given them for Mallett or not given for Mallett is irrelevant.

and now with Savage already on the roster, even have a protege of similar physical tools/ playing style to develop at their pace.

#texanswinning

Are you a texans fan or naw?

Quote:Are you a texans fan or naw?

naw, but I can give credit where due. 

So I'm guessing TMD would trade Bortles for Clowney/Mallett/Savage.

Personally I'd much rather be in our situation than theirs.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:So I'm guessing TMD would trade Bortles for Clowney/Mallett/Savage.

Personally I'd much rather be in our situation than theirs.

Those 3 vs just Bortles? 

Yep, I'd take those three. 

And I really like Bortles. 

Quote:naw, but I can give credit where due.

You're hyping players who have shown nothing on the nfl field. And by nothing, I mean literally nothing that makes him (Mallett) appear to be anything but a bad draft pick. This is the kind of blind faith you see from some fans. So excuse me for assuming you were a fan of the texans when you bash almost every move the jags make. Keep on doing you TMD, it's pretty hilarious.

Quote:Those 3 vs just Bortles?

Yep, I'd take those three.

And I really like Bortles.

[Image: Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif]

Quote:I agree completely, D6 and I have no problem with Mallett being on the Texans as I don't see him ever developing into a high level QB. I could be wrong and we will see.

Rumor I saw on Twitter is it was for a 6th rounder.  

Scarecrow,  expanding on what you mentioned,  at the very least I think the chances of Ryan Mallett being a Franchise QB are noticeably less than the Texans landing one in the 1st Round of a future NFL Draft.  

If I was a Texans fan,   it would be difficult times knowing that my team would be facing Andrew Luck and Blake Bortles for the next decade plus,  barring something unexpected.    The worst position as a fan to be in is when at least a couple of teams in your division have Franchise QB's  ( or QB's that have the look of being a Franchise QB's ) and my team not having one.   

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 02:12 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:WHatever I would have given them for Mallett or not given for Mallett is immaterial.

#texanswinning
I'd much rather the Texans run with Mallet then have them draft a QB high like Winston or Mariotta.

Quote:Scarecrow,  expanding on what you mentioned,  at the very least I think the chances of Ryan Mallett being a Franchise QB are noticeably less than the Texans landing one in the 1st Round of a future NFL Draft.  

If I was a Texans fan,   it would be difficult times knowing that my team would be facing Andrew Luck and Blake Bortles for the next decade plus,  barring something unexpected.    The worst position as a fan to be in is when at least a couple of teams in your division have Franchise QB's  ( or QB's that have the look of being a Franchise QB's ) and my team not having one.   

Another good point by you as usual, D6.

O'Brien is quickly making his bed, as well as GM Rick Smith.  I'm not convinced that either (more particularly the latter) remains with the team that much longer.   I think Rick Smith's days in Houston are numbered if they don't start seeing more from their draft picks soon.  O'Brien will probably get more time since he's new but I don't see Rick Smith's job being secure by any means.

I don't fear the Texans with Fitzpatrick, Mallett, or Savage at this point.

Quote:Soo, he has the same trade value as Blaine Gabbert...that should tell you a lot. 

Gabbert garnered more...

There was a conditional pick attached to the 6th, wasn't there?

That speaks volumes.

The texans didn't get "their" QB. They got A QB.

They essentially upgraded Keenum.

It's essentially a one year rental to see if Mallett can provide anything worth a damn.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Another good point by you as usual, D6.

O'Brien is quickly making his bed, as well as GM Rick Smith. I'm not convinced that either (more particularly the latter) remains with the team that much longer. I think Rick Smith's days in Houston are numbered if they don't start seeing more from their draft picks soon. O'Brien will probably get more time since he's new but I don't see Rick Smith's job being secure by any means.

I don't fear the Texans with Fitzpatrick, Mallett, or Savage at this point.

Gabbert garnered more...

There was a conditional pick attached to the 6th, wasn't there?

That speaks volumes.

Yeah, I forgot about the conditional pick

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora'>Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/506143299510751233' title="1:15 PM - 31 Aug 2014">28s</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">From what I'm hearing sounds like pick Pats receive from Texans for Mallett maxes out at a 6 based on performance. Could be less

It's basically a glorified claim

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 02:25 PM by Jagwired'd.)

Quote:WHatever I would have given them for Mallett or not given for Mallett is immaterial. 

#texanswinning

Mallet is an immobile, inaccurate quarterback with a very huge arm.

In this day and age, where you have teams that stockpile D-Linemen to rush the passer and nothing else, your quarterback must be semi-mobile, and Mallet is a guy that will go down as soon as you touch him, and would lose a foot race to Louis Nix.

I'm sorry, but I feel like your infatuation with Houston and Mallet is directly in spite of the fact that people are telling you you're wrong about him and that he's nothing special. The fact of the matter is, he isn't anything special until proven otherwise, and the odds are completely against him.

We'll see.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/506145453160038400' title="1:24 PM - 31 Aug 2014">55s</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">Terms: The <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash'>#Texans</a> traded a 2016 conditional 7th round pick for <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash'>#Patriots</a> QB Ryan Mallett, source said.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer'>Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/506145450161086464' title="1:24 PM - 31 Aug 2014">56s</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">I wouldn't think Mallett is a slam dunk to start games this fall. Texans have a heavier investment in Savage (4th-rdr) than RM (6th-rdr).

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 02:31 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:The texans didn't get "their" QB. They got A QB.

They essentially upgraded Keenum.

It's essentially a one year rental to see if Mallett can provide anything worth a damn.

Well to be fair, it'd be comparable to the Jags drafting Blaine Gabbert, and then signing Dan LeFevour off of the practice squad in 2011.  #jagswinning<sup>notsomuch</sup>

Mallett has really shown nothing to make me worry.  And Savage had crazy accuracy issues in college. And 8 of 12 for 43 yards is nothing to make me worry either.  I'd be more worried about the Titans, who may have found their QB of the future in the 6th round in Mettenberger.  (Long after Savage had been taken by the Texans)

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Conditional 7th round pick, ie less than we got for Gabbert.

Wow.
;

;

They basically wanted to claim him but threw in a garbage draft pick to make sure he's theirs.