Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Legitimate Questions that sound like you're on a rant

And another thing that irks me; why do people feel the need to display 'In memory of...' on their vehicles, shirts, and skin?  Quite frankly, I don't care and I doubt most anyone else does either.  Death is a part of life that we all deal with.  Is an ostentatious display of remorse supposed to somehow make it more profound that everyone else's?  

That should earn me the Scrooge moniker for the day.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And another thing that irks me; why do people feel the need to display 'In memory of...' on their vehicles, shirts, and skin?  Quite frankly, I don't care and I doubt most anyone else does either.  Death is a part of life that we all deal with.  Is an ostentatious display of remorse supposed to somehow make it more profound that everyone else's?  

Make that a moniker for two! I feel the same way!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Make that a moniker for two! I feel the same way!

Bah!  *fist bump*

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2014, 01:37 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:It'll help if you explain what's your issue with black QB's.

I don't have any issue with black QBs. I would've taken RGIII #2 overall behind Luck. I must be racist........

Regarding Geno Smith? Thinking he wasn't worth the #2 overall pick had nothing to do with skin color. Every GM in the NFL must be racist.....

Regarding Teddy Bridgewater? Thinking he wasn't a #1 overall pick lock like others did had nothing to do with skin color. The guy went 32nd overall.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. There are plenty of white QBs I didn't want to draft either. I liked Cam Newton more than Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder. However, the second I say something bad about any black QBs, it's automatically related to skin color.

Quote:I don't have any issue with black QBs. I would've taken RGIII #2 overall behind Luck. I must be racist........

Regarding Geno Smith? Thinking he wasn't worth the #2 overall pick had nothing to do with skin color. Every GM in the NFL must be racist.....

Regarding Teddy Bridgewater? Thinking he wasn't a #1 overall pick lock like others did had nothing to do with skin color. The guy went 32nd overall.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. There are plenty of white QBs I didn't want to draft either. I liked Cam Newton more than Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder. However, the second I say something bad about any black QBs, it's automatically related to skin color.

I think you got whooshed.

Nope, knarnn is a Geno Smith and Teddy Bridgewater apologist.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2014, 02:23 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:And another thing that irks me; why do people feel the need to display 'In memory of...' on their vehicles, shirts, and skin?  Quite frankly, I don't care and I doubt most anyone else does either.  Death is a part of life that we all deal with.  Is an ostentatious display of remorse supposed to somehow make it more profound that everyone else's?  

I think you're being a little harsh, at least in some cases. I have a close friend who lost a daughter in an auto accident in which my friend was the driver. As she explains the reason for her ankle tattoo that is in memory of her daughter, it insures her against one of her biggest fears, that she will go a day without remembering her daughter. 

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Holy wow... I just saw the rant on "In memory of..."

Seriously? Should we stop having funerals too? I mean, everyone dies so whats the point? What stupid reasoning. Why does it matter to you how people pay homage to deceased loved ones?

Why do women use so damn much toilet paper? I live in my own now and a sixteen pack lasts me almost 6 months. When I lived with 2 women in student housing we would be lucky to have that last 2 weeks.

Quote:Why do women use so damn much toilet paper? I live in my own now and a sixteen pack lasts me almost 6 months. When I lived with 2 women in student housing we would be lucky to have that last 2 weeks.

well they already use more than twice as much as their male counterparts to begin with....

Do I really need to explain to you the reasoning why?? Laughing 

Quote:well they already use more than twice as much as their male counterparts to begin with....

Do I really need to explain to you the reasoning why?? Laughing
That doesn't explain a difference as massive as 20 weeks. Are they practicing their origami skills in there?

Quote:Why do women use so damn much toilet paper? I live in my own now and a sixteen pack lasts me almost 6 months. When I lived with 2 women in student housing we would be lucky to have that last 2 weeks.

That's less than 3 rolls a month I think you just use an unusually low amount good for your wallet at least.

I'm a roll a week guy
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:That's less than 3 rolls a month I think you just use an unusually low amount good for your wallet at least.

I'm a roll a week guy
I do a lot of pooping at work.

Quote:I think you're being a little harsh, at least in some cases. I have a close friend who lost a daughter in an auto accident in which my friend was the driver. As she explains the reason for her ankle tattoo that is in memory of her daughter, it insures her against one of her biggest fears, that she will go a day without remembering her daughter. 

This I don't get.  If I were to lose a child I'm sure a day wouldn't go by that I didn't think about them.  But if I did, that would be okay.  I could live with it.  

Small discrete memorials I obviously have no problem with.  I just find the garish proclamations of personal loss a little overwrought.  

Why do people insist on driving with their 4 way blinkers on in heavy rain?  Don't they know it is impossible for those travelling behind them to know when they put their brakes on?  The ironic thing is they think they are being more safe when it is actually the opposite.

Quote:Why do people insist on driving with their 4 way blinkers on in heavy rain?  Don't they know it is impossible for those travelling behind them to know when they put their brakes on?  The ironic thing is they think they are being more safe when it is actually the opposite.

Yup, that's been one of my previous rants on here.  I've also witnessed, quite a few times, people driving on perfectly clear days at posted speed limits with their flashers on.  

Quote:This I don't get.  If I were to lose a child I'm sure a day wouldn't go by that I didn't think about them.  But if I did, that would be okay.  I could live with it.  

Small discrete memorials I obviously have no problem with.  I just find the garish proclamations of personal loss a little overwrought.  

Remember, this woman was driving the car that was in an accident that killed one of her daughters, as well as her best friend, and severely injuring her other daughter. I have no experience in my life upon which I can draw comparisons to grief on that level.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:That's less than 3 rolls a month I think you just use an unusually low amount good for your wallet at least.

I'm a roll a week guy
Not so good for everyone around him who must put up with the aroma. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Remember, this woman was driving the car that was in an accident that killed one of her daughters, as well as her best friend, and severely injuring her other daughter. I have no experience in my life upon which I can draw comparisons to grief on that level.

That makes two of us, and I hope I never do.

Quote:I do a lot of pooping at work.

Haha touché
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]