Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dead Zone news: Aaron rodgers supports Jags decision to keep Bortles on the bench

Quote:That would be beyond insanity.

That has no basis in logic.

If you believe word for word what an NFL coach says, you're naive.
The thing is, Henne > Gabbert.

The logical thing to do is stick with the plan no matter what.

I have no reason to not believe what Coach Bradley has to say.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The ideal situation, however unlikely, is that Bortles is ready to start week one. Even within the organization, although of course stating it as an expectation would be ridiculous, it should be the goal. Saying that Chad Henne is the starter is a way to keep pressure off the player and the organization.

Quote:I support Aaron Rodgers supporting the Jaguars supporting Bortles.

I support this.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:The ideal situation, however unlikely, is that Bortles is ready to start week one. Even within the organization, although of course stating it as an expectation would be ridiculous, it should be the goal. Saying that Chad Henne is the starter is a way to keep pressure off the player and the organization.

Even if Bortles is ready to start week one, I would not start him. I would want the rest of the offense to be in sync- receivers running the right routes, offensive linemen pass blocking well- before I put him in there. That's probably a little beyond what the coaching staff's plan is, but that is what I would do.

Quote:I support this.
I support you supporting this! Not much else to add here.

Quote:I support Aaron Rodgers supporting the Jaguars supporting Bortles.
I support you supporting Aaron Rodgers supporting the Jaguars supporting Bortles.

Quote:I support this.
I support you supporting this.

Quote:I support you supporting this! Not much else to add here.
I support you for supporting him for supporting this! There is always something to add here.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I feel like people are forgetting how bad Green Bay was in 2005. Rodgers was lucky to sit behind Favre.

Quote:Anybody know what experience is he basing this on? 

His rookie season? Where he was on a 4-12 team?

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2014, 08:19 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:I feel like people are forgetting how bad Green Bay was in 2005. Rodgers was lucky to sit behind Favre.

It's funny how people talk about Brett and say Hall of Fame this and that. To me he just played forever. He was never really a dominant qb for a very long stretch like Brady and Manning have been. He's had a lot of average years with a handful of really good seasons and played for a really long time.

Quote:It's funny how people talk about Brett and say Hall of Fame this and that. To me he just played forever. He was never really a dominant qb for a very long stretch like Brady and Manning have been. He's had a lot of average years with a handful of really good seasons and played for a really long time.

Yeah, Favre had some not so stellar seasons. He was a gambler with the ball, some years it went his ways, some it didn't. 

His toughness was his greatest asset.

Quote:kinda surprised by the negativity towards Rodgers. He's arguably a top five QB and sat early in his career.
He sat because he has no other choice, no matter how ready or good he was during camp. A rookie Peyton Manning or Mario would have been forced to sit behind stingy old fart Favre for three years.

Quote:The thing is, Henne > Gabbert.

The logical thing to do is stick with the plan no matter what.

I have no reason to not believe what Coach Bradley has to say.

I agree he is way better than Gabbert which is why its a perfectly good idea to rely on him and he should continue where he left off last year. I'm not saying its a bad plan, I'm not even saying Bradley isn't/wasn't telling the truth. What I am saying is that what an NFL coach says to the media is a) subject to change should the situation dictate and b) not the full, whole, uncut story with every variable and situation covered.

People seem to be getting very angry at the thought that Gus Bradley hasn't given every tiny detail of the teams off-season plans, with every possible variable covered, or that something he said may turn out to not happen because of other factors. 'He says Henne will start, so that's it, he will start, no ifs or buts.' Of course there are ifs and buts, there are always ifs and buts this is the real world, not Madden.

Plans are only worth anything if they reflect the reality of the situation, its one of the most basic ideas of leadership. A good General doesn't plow on with the attack if his men are out gunned. A good sales manager doesn't persist with the same sales targets the after a financial meltdown. A good teacher doesn't keep teaching algebra to a class who it turns out can't count to 10. Gus Bradley seems like a pretty good General/manger/teacher.

The plan is rely on Henne because he is a smart, albeit limited guy who knows the offense. That's a good plan and it makes perfect sense and there is no reason it should go wrong. However if for whatever reason version of Chad Henne that totally sucks, who we still see pretty regularly, becomes everyday Chad Henne, then the reality of the situation has changed and now you can't rely on Chad Henne, therefore the plan changes.

I really fail to grasp why some people are getting so angry about the fact than running a football team isn't black and white. Perhaps reading between lines hurts people's heads.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:I agree he is way better than Gabbert which is why its a perfectly good idea to rely on him and he should continue where he left off last year. I'm not saying its a bad plan, I'm not even saying Bradley isn't/wasn't telling the truth. What I am saying is that what an NFL coach says to the media is a) subject to change should the situation dictate and b) not the full, whole, uncut story with every variable and situation covered.

People seem to be getting very angry at the thought that Gus Bradley hasn't given every tiny detail of the teams off-season plans, with every possible variable covered, or that something he said may turn out to not happen because of other factors. 'He says Henne will start, so that's it, he will start, no ifs or buts.' Of course there are ifs and buts, there are always ifs and buts this is the real world, not Madden.

Plans are only worth anything if they reflect the reality of the situation, its one of the most basic ideas of leadership. A good General doesn't plow on with the attack if his men are out gunned. A good sales manager doesn't persist with the same sales targets the after a financial meltdown. A good teacher doesn't keep teaching algebra to a class who it turns out can't count to 10. Gus Bradley seems like a pretty good General/manger/teacher.

The plan is rely on Henne because he is a smart, albeit limited guy who knows the offense. That's a good plan and it makes perfect sense and there is no reason it should go wrong. However if for whatever reason version of Chad Henne that totally sucks, who we still see pretty regularly, becomes everyday Chad Henne, then the reality of the situation has changed and now you can't rely on Chad Henne, therefore the plan changes.

I really fail to grasp why some people are getting so angry about the fact than running a football team isn't black and white. Perhaps reading between lines hurts people's heads.

Or, perhaps trying to read more into a comment than actually was intended does?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I agree he is way better than Gabbert which is why its a perfectly good idea to rely on him and he should continue where he left off last year. I'm not saying its a bad plan, I'm not even saying Bradley isn't/wasn't telling the truth. What I am saying is that what an NFL coach says to the media is a) subject to change should the situation dictate and B) not the full, whole, uncut story with every variable and situation covered.

Who is angry?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

70 days 11 hours and 55 minutes until the opening kickoff game of the NFL, that is why we are discussing issuses on a what if basis instead of enjoying the game we love.  The Jaguars starting QB is Chad Henne as stated by the Head Coach Gus Bradley until something occurs that changes that (injury, poor performance, some great looks during preseason by Bortles versus average by Henne, etc) otherwise Chad Henne is the starter. 

Quote:Who is angry?

The only people I see who are angry are those who are part of the start Bortles now crowd. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:The only people I see who are angry are those who are part of the start Bortles now crowd. 

Yep, because they want their way and want it now!!! 

Quote:Yep, because they want their way and want it now!!! 

I want my mommy!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Yep, because they want their way and want it now!!! 

They'll eventually discover they can't always get what they want in life. 

Quote:They'll eventually discover they can't always get what they want in life.
no you can't.. I didn't want Jimmy Smith to retire but he did.