Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An update on Blackmon...and well, it doesn't sound promising

Quote:Maybe he just bundled with comcast

I don't know what that means, but I like it.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well duh people hes getting rehab.. Hes getting help which is a good sign..

Hes showing Goodell that he can turn it around..

Which if he does all you haters will eat your words..

What "haters"?

he'll be back

they'll announce it before training camp starts

Worrying about Blackmon's progress, or lack thereof, is as useful or satisfying as watching water boil  or paint dry. We will know the result when we know the result.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:What "haters"?

not sure if joking or just intentionally/ worfully ignorant. 

Theres been some on the board since the most recent infraction. 

Quote:not sure if joking or just intentionally/ worfully ignorant.

Theres been some on the board since the most recent infraction.

So someone who doesn't think a guy with a DUI and two suspensions since entering the league will play again is a "hater"? Why should any of us think he is going to come back this time? Not hating, being realistic.

They're coming out of the wood works...

Gene Frenette just rehashed B14CKMON's Entire situation even as he attempted to contact B14CKMON, his mother, his college and HS coaches as well...

Digging for information.

The NFL just released an article stating the Jaguars has had no contact w/B14CKMON since his suspension...

REALLY PEOPLE...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:he'll be back

Say It Is So... SAY IT!!!

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:he'll be back

We shall see.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:How does it speak volumes?  To release him would simply be stupid. He costs the team nothing while under suspension, nor does he take up a roster spot.  There is absolutely zero need or reason to let him go.

I doubt the team knows much that we don't, but they don't need to.

The team Always know Much more than we the fans. "INSIDER's EDITION"... As for "Speaking Volumes", certainly it does. As you stated it makes no sense to discharge B14CKMON at this point. His salary counts Not against the cap, he counts Not against the roster and his tallents is too great to give up on. One Last Chance will be given...

NH3...
"AZANE"

At least we have heard something finally. I want to believe him checking into rehab is a good sign and hope for the best for him.

Quote:I believe you're correct about his contract.

I'm not sure what to think about this. If the team did task Marcedes with mentoring Blackmon, and he has been avoiding contact, going to the extent of changing his number? Not good. Still, we don't know where he's at with his rehab. Hopefully he's making progress. We will see soon enough.

We sure are quick to jump to conclusions around here. My guess would be that he's been talked to about not associating with bad acquaintances from the past, and in order to do so he's changed his number. I'm sure the team knows his new number, so there should be an option for them to get a hold of Blackmon to ask if Marcedes can get his new number. It sounds to me like Marcedes gave up too easy on Blackmon, and that several fans are ready to do the same.

'02

Quote:We sure are quick to jump to conclusions around here. My guess would be that he's been talked to about not associating with bad acquaintances from the past, and in order to do so he's changed his number. I'm sure the team knows his new number, so there should be an option for them to get a hold of Blackmon to ask if Marcedes can get his new number. It sounds to me like Marcedes gave up too easy on Blackmon, and that several fans are ready to do the same.

Agreed with this ^^^^

Well said. 

Quote:We sure are quick to jump to conclusions around here. My guess would be that he's been talked to about not associating with bad acquaintances from the past, and in order to do so he's changed his number. I'm sure the team knows his new number, so there should be an option for them to get a hold of Blackmon to ask if Marcedes can get his new number. It sounds to me like Marcedes gave up too easy on Blackmon, and that several fans are ready to do the same.

So the team asked Lewis to call Blackmon but forgot to give him the new number?

There are a million and one possible reasons for Blackmon's behavior, some are positive some are negative. We don't even know for sure what he is suspended for, trying to work out what it means when nobody can call him is the definition of futile.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:It sounds to me like Marcedes gave up too easy on Blackmon, and that several fans are ready to do the same.

Of all the ridiculous assumptions, this is one of the most.

Of course TMD agrees with it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Agree to most. The exception is M.Lewis giving up on B14CKMON...

Regardless of Bradley's appointment of Marcedes' mentorship, B14CKMON is sticking to his projected game plan of limitations regardless of whom...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Yeah, because it's Lewis's job to pry into Blackmon's personal life to the point of intrusion.

This thread just took a turn towards stupid.

Quote:Of all the ridiculous assumptions, this is one of the most.

Of course TMD agrees with it.

I agreed with a lot that was said in 02's post. Of course you would focus on that single one, tho. 

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2014, 06:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:We sure are quick to jump to conclusions around here. My guess would be that he's been talked to about not associating with bad acquaintances from the past, and in order to do so he's changed his number.

this I agree with 100%. 

Just to clarify to Rico agenda bito

And also agree with the part where he said that many of the fans around here seem quick to give up on him. 

Yep. 

How exactly can a fan give up on him? Is he reading this board? lol