Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chick-Fil-A Takes Over KFC As Chicken King

Quote:its popular on the west coast, I eat there a lot when im in san diego

It made it here in the early 90's I think. They lasted several years and I think they might have had a couple locations, but the one I know about for sure was over on the Westside on 103rd Street in front of the Walmart.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That place was nasty.  I'd only stop there for their mashed potatoes and gravy then get my chicken from Publix.

My very first job was at KFC...lasted a few months until I spilled some of that molten lava they call gravy across my hand one day!! :blink:

Quote:It made it here in the early 90's I think. They lasted several years and I think they might have had a couple locations, but the one I know about for sure was over on the Westside on 103rd Street in front of the Walmart.
Really? Never saw one in town

Quote:My very first job was at KFC...lasted a few months until I spilled some of that molten lava they call gravy across my hand one day!! :blink:
Make it a little cooler, and that's kinda sexy

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:That place was nasty.  I'd only stop there for their mashed potatoes and gravy then get my chicken from Publix.

Doesn't Publix do mashed potatoes and gravy too? Seems stupid to stop at the chicken only. 

Quote:Doesn't Publix do mashed potatoes and gravy too? Seems stupid to stop at the chicken only. 
Been a while since I have had one, but they do this deep fried mashed potato ball that is so good. (You can get gravy on it if you'd like).

And yes, they do taters and gravy.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

El Pollo Loco!

Yeah, we have them here but they're held in no higher regard than either CFA or KFC as far as I know. A more popular option for my area seems to be a chicken something-or-other from a place like Chipotle or Baja Fresh. We love our tacos and burritos.

Baja Fresh is where it's at. Love that place.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I think it's pretty good but we have so many Mexican food restaurants here it's crazy. We classify them into sub-categories! I'm more of a taco truck kinda guy.

Quote:I'm more of a taco truck kinda guy.
We do not take kindly to your kind round here.

Quote:My very first job was at KFC...lasted a few months until I spilled some of that molten lava they call gravy across my hand one day!! :blink:

I did something similar at a restaurant I worked at previously, spilled a whole pot of hot gravy when I was trying to clean up for the night. Not pleasant. 

Quote:Been a while since I have had one, but they do this deep fried mashed potato ball that is so good. (You can get gravy on it if you'd like).

And yes, they do taters and gravy.

Mmmm that sounds good. Wish we had one of those Supermarkets here. 

Quote:I think it's pretty good but we have so many Mexican food restaurants here it's crazy. We classify them into sub-categories! I'm more of a taco truck kinda guy.

Whats a taco truck?

<sub>I love Chick-Fil-A and eat there at least a couple times a month. The food is tasty, the lemonade is great, and the service is amazing for a fast food joint.  

</sub>

<sub> </sub>

<sub>Popeye’s has the best fast food traditional fried chicken to me so I eat there at least once ever 4 - 6 weeks.

</sub>

<sub> </sub>

<sub>I try KFC about once a year to remind myself I don’t like it. There sides are also not good.

</sub>

<sub> </sub>

<sub>The chicken place I love the most and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly want back in Jacksonville is Boston Market. Every time I’m in Tally I get some as I’m heading east to Jax. Every time I’m in Orlando, Daytona, or any other point south I stop at the Ormond Beach location and get some on my way north to Jax. Boston Market is the boom!

</sub>

# EVEN IF HE'S RELEASED

Quote:Whats a taco truck?

Well, what we usually refer to as a taco truck would be like what you would call a hot dog cart in your area but they make tacos instead.

Sometimes they are actual mobile trucks (like a bus) but most of the time they are little trailers that you bring to a location and set up for the day and sell tacos under a shade tent. There are probably like a dozen within 10 miles of my office, they're really popular here.

Also, each gas station here (in my immediate area) usually has a taqueria in it haha.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014, 03:22 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Well, what we usually refer to as a taco truck would be like what you would call a hot dog cart in your area but they make tacos instead.

Sometimes they are actual mobile trucks (like a bus) but most of the time they are little trailers that you bring to a location and set up for the day and sell tacos under a shade tent. There are probably like a dozen within 10 miles of my office, they're really popular here.

Also, each gas station here (in my immediate area) usually has a taqueria in it haha.

Thats kinda cool (first part)

whats that for tequila? (last sentence)

Quote: 

<sub> </sub>

<sub>The chicken place I love the most and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly want back in Jacksonville is Boston Market. Every time I’m in Tally I get some as I’m heading east to Jax. Every time I’m in Orlando, Daytona, or any other point south I stop at the Ormond Beach location and get some on my way north to Jax. Boston Market is the boom!

</sub>
We used to have one on San Jose...I think it was  where the newer McDonald's is...Miss it.

I always hit the one in Ormond Beach too lol

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:Thats kinda cool (first part)

whats that for tequila? (last sentence)

Taqueria -- A place where tacos are made. You can get some Cuervo at the gas station too though.

Quote:We used to have one on San Jose...I think it was  where the newer McDonald's is...Miss it.

I always hit the one in Ormond Beach too lol

Yes, the one that use to be in Mandarin is also the one I was nearest to as well. There also use to be one in PVB right when you come off of JTB at A1A.

What was told to me was that McDonalds owned a part of Boston Market and when they sold off their portion they were able to keep some stores to convert them to McDonalds. This sounds right since I’ve seen several former Boston Markets in places like Tallahassee, Orlando, and Atlanta become McDonalds. It sucks that they took all of ours in this area.

A manager at the Ormond Beach Boston Market told me late last year they were looking for locations to come back into the Jax market in 2015 possibly. I really hope so.

# EVEN IF HE'S RELEASED

Quote:<sub>I love Chick-Fil-A and eat there at least a couple times a month. The food is tasty, the lemonade is great, and the service is amazing for a fast food joint.
</sub>
<sub></sub>
<sub>Popeye’s has the best fast food traditional fried chicken to me so I eat there at least once ever 4 - 6 weeks.
</sub>
<sub></sub>
<sub>I try KFC about once a year to remind myself I don’t like it. There sides are also not good.
</sub>
<sub></sub>
</sub>

I loved the meats at Boston Market, but their fixens left a lot to be desired for me. I found them to be kind of on the bland side.

Well, how was it?  Need salt?

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014, 06:12 PM by Dakota.)

Quote:Nice try - but fail.

Utilities are exempt. About one hundred years ago it was determined that once a service became a virtual necessity - i.e., utilities - they would not be treated as most services are under capitalism. Thus we have regulatory agencies involving utilities.

I wouldn't be surprised that at some point in the future high-speed internet joins the group of "utilities" and is controlled and regulated by government, within a generally capitalist framework. 
If someone sells a product or service and consumers aren't forced to buy it, the laws of capitalism are in play.  Then again, on second thought....

I see you didn't bother to follow along, so my only response will be that you should try to respond in a way that makes sense to the conversation. Not that I bother to read much of your stuff, but you did reply to me. Maybe you should sit this one out. Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.