Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chick-Fil-A Takes Over KFC As Chicken King

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chick-fil-...35949.html

I found this to be the most interesting part to this. Chick-Fil-A outdid KFC even with KFC having about a 3-1 store advantage over Chick-Fil-A.

Customer Service, imo, is a HUGE factor. Chick-Fil-A is the most pleasant place to go, the people are so very nice and go out of their way to please. KFC not so much.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

KFC here at the beach on 3rd st. closed because it sucked so bad. There is a Starbucks in the building now.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

KFC is horrible.

Love that chicken from Popeyes though!

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I don't think I've EVER had a bad experience at CFA.  

Huh

Quote:I don't think I've EVER had a bad experience at CFA.  
Same here. There are exceptions to every general rule, so I am sure there have been some bad spots. But the vast majority of the time, they knock the ball out of the park.

;

Publix chicken rules in our house now.

The thing about CFA that drives me nuts...the only time I want it, is Sunday!

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:Publix chicken rules in our house now.
I find their fried chicken not to be very good. Just ok to me. Wings, or any type they do. They are pretty popular though.

Quote:The thing about CFA that drives me nuts...the only time I want it, is Sunday!
That's another thing with CFA taking over KFC. They have a lot less stores, and a whole day less open.

;

Quote:The thing about CFA that drives me nuts...the only time I want it, is Sunday!
Ha! I've had that happen to me a few times too.

But CFA is delicious. Doesn't surprise me it overtook KFC.

Same for us. Fried or Rotisserie.

CFA is so expensive.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:CFA is so expensive.
They have to make up the revenue lost by the Sunday closing. I don't go there often, when I do it's usually for breakfast.

Your wife has a weird name.

I avoid fast food as much as possible. If I do need to go somewhere, I usually pick Chick Fil A. As far as fast food goes, the food is better quality. The stores are clean, the employees are helpful and friendly. Going to places like KFC, Burger King or McDonalds is like entering the Third Circle of Hell.

I think that's one of the reasons why they're successful.  I think most people want Sundays off so they attract and keep better employees.

Huh

Quote:I think that's one of the reasons why they're successful.  I think most people want Sundays off so they attract and keep better employees.

I remember seeing a study a few years back that showed they don't lose that much revenue from being closed on Sunday. They essentially see additional revenue the other six days because of it.

One thing they have done successfully (especially in Jacksonville) is market to the soccer moms. They have them fooled to think that feeding your kids chicken nuggets, french fries and chocolate milk from Chick Fil A is somehow healthy.

Quote:CFA is so expensive.
Actually, I don't find them to be any more so than KFC or Zaxby's.

At least, not for what I usually buy at those places.  The only problem I have with Chick-Fil-A is that there's often a long wait.  One of the downfalls of being so damn popular.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2014, 12:39 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Your wife has a weird name.

hahaha, that was actually pretty good. Laughing

On topic, Chick Fil A is great. Without a doubt the best chain fast food restaurant. 

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2014, 12:42 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I remember seeing a study a few years back that showed they don't lose that much revenue from being closed on Sunday. They essentially see additional revenue the other six days because of it.

One thing they have done successfully (especially in Jacksonville) is market to the soccer moms. They have them fooled to think that feeding your kids chicken nuggets, french fries and chocolate milk from Chick Fil A is somehow healthy.

Well its more healthy than feeding them what passes as chicken in the nuggets at McDisgusting. 

Col. Sanders will always be better than Dan Cathy.
Only a chump boos the home team!