Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DE Willie Young to visit Jaguars

Quote:I am kind of hoping they asked Lageman to take him fishing.

Watson too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Weird how we basically heard nothing about Young yesterday. Ryan O tweeted he was touring the stadium in the morning with Watson and Gerhart but nothing after that.

Yeah maybe we're here something in next 48 hrs.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/TomPelissero'>Tom Pelissero ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@TomPelissero</span> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/444135629018779648'>5m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Willie Young agreed to a 3-year, $9M deal with <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bears&src=hash'>#Bears</a> that included a $2M signing bonus and $3.95M total guaranteed.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014, 11:46 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Tom Pelissero ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@TomPelissero</span>  5m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Willie Young agreed to a 3-year, $9M deal with #Bears that included a $2M signing bonus and $3.95M total guaranteed.

</div>

Obviously it was a "one or the other" situation here. 

We weren't getting both Clemons AND Young. 

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Tom Pelissero ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@TomPelissero</span>  5m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Willie Young agreed to a 3-year, $9M deal with #Bears that included a $2M signing bonus and $3.95M total guaranteed.

</div>
Good signing for Chicago. I really thought he'd fit in well here at LEO.

Get the feeling that when Clemons was released he was our primary target. TBH, I don't mind that. Sure, Young is the younger guy, but Clemons is the superior pass rusher that has been in this scheme. Would rather find a guy for the future in the draft, but still.

Quote:Obviously it was a "one or the other" situation here. 

Yeah pretty much. 

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014, 11:50 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Good signing for Chicago. I really thought he'd fit in well here at LEO.

Get the feeling that when Clemons was released he was our primary target. TBH, I don't mind that. Sure, Young is the younger guy, but Clemons is the superior pass rusher that has been in this scheme. Would rather find a guy for the future in the draft, but still.

Young is "younger" (no pun), but he's almost 30 himself....so what are we talking here? Clemons is easily the better pass rusher of the 2. 

I am sure the Jags will address pass rusher in the draft, too. 

Quote:Young is "younger" (no pun), but he's almost 30 himself....so what are we talking here? Clemons is easily the better pass rusher of the 2. 
Yeah, but that 30 isn't a normal 30 imo. The guy hasn't had much work until this past year.

Regardless, I do indeed prefer Clemons. Lot better mentor for Branch than Babin.

Quote:Obviously it was a "one or the other" situation here. 

Truth be told I'd rather have Clemons.

Young was...younger, but still not as productive as the older Clemons.

You can also argue that Young benefitted from Fairly and Suh next to him, and Clemons didn't have tackles anywhere near that good next to him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Young is "younger" (no pun), but he's almost 30 himself....so what are we talking here? Clemons is easily the better pass rusher of the 2. 

I am sure the Jags will address pass rusher in the draft, too. 

While I want Bridgewater, Clowney would be one heckuva consolation prize.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:While I want Bridgewater, Clowney would be one heckuva consolation prize.

Agreed 100%.

Quote:While I want Bridgewater, Clowney would be one heckuva consolation prize.

I wouldn't go around cryin' if things turned out like that.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Would have loved to sign Young to that contract. Oh well, we'll draft a pass rusher within the first 2 rounds. Now please go out and get that center.

Quote: 

<div style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Tom Pelissero ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@TomPelissero</span>  5m
<p style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Willie Young agreed to a 3-year, $9M deal with #Bears that included a $2M signing bonus and $3.95M total guaranteed.

</div>

I was very surprised by this.   Because Willie Young showed major improvement in 2013 and this has been a sellers market for DE's/ OLB edge rushers,  I thought Young would be able to get a noticeably better contract.   

While I understand why the Jaguars went in another direction with Chris Clemons becoming available,  I'm disappointed the Lions didn't exceed the Bears offer.   After the Bears appeared to have overpaid for Raiders UFA DE Lamarr Houston earlier this week,  they got a bargain with Willie Young.   

@BradBiggs Willie Young says on #Jaguars visit: "Let's just say that that didn't work out."
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I wouldn't go around cryin' if things turned out like that.
I fear we are getting SPOILED by this FA season and will walk into the Darft with unrealistic expectations.

On the other hand, BradWell Inc has sure had a streak going this year.

What are the possibilities that we are waiting in the weeds to see how the Browns spend and how

they handle Mack????

I cannot remember when a FA felt this good.

At first I felt good about J. Po  and Dray Flo, but after training camp had a BAD Feeling.

Go JAGS

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:@BradBiggs Willie Young says on #Jaguars visit: "Let's just say that that didn't work out."

I still believe it would have worked out if Chris Clemons didn't become available.   Maybe even at a somewhat higher valued contract than the one eventually agreed to with the Bears.   The fact that the Jaguars were aggressive in setting up a FA visit with Young leads me to believe there was major interest on their part back on Tuesday.

Quote:@BradBiggs Willie Young says on #Jaguars visit: "Let's just say that that didn't work out."

What the hell did he mean by that?

Quote:What the hell did he mean by that?
That it didn't work out. Probably financially. Jeesh good god man, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Quote:What the hell did he mean by that?

My guess is Willie Young had expectations that he would be signing with the Jaguars.  That was before Chris Clemons entered the picture.   One thing I know from following the happenings with Young's career is he knows the NFL is a business.