Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DE Willie Young to visit Jaguars

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 04:55 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Just seen it on espn solid pass rusher

He wont get a huge deal keep that in mind

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Willie Young was relatively close to Jacksonville yesterday,  doing what he enjoys the most:  Fishing and being with Family:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140311/SP...llie-young

With the market for DE's being very favorable to players,  Wille Young will likely get a sizeable contract.  While the Lions want to retain him,  if it comes down to money ( cap space ) and ocean fishing opportunities,   the Jaguars have a major advantage.  

Nice. He stood out whenever I watched the lions play.
Shock the world

Michael Rothstein

<p class="">Per Schefter, Willie Young is going to visit Jacksonville some time in the next day. To me, he is a guy who the Lions should have prioritized, but he also really, really, really, REALLY likes to fish. Like it is all he talks about. So heading south could make sense if the option is there (plus he's from Florida).

Matt Jones liked to fish too, lol

Quote:Matt Jones liked to fish too, lol
"fish" is a funny way of saying "snort cocaine". haha

Quote:Willie Young was relatively close to Jacksonville yesterday,  doing what he enjoys the most:  Fishing and being with Family:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140311/SP...llie-young

With the market for DE's being very favorable to players,  Wille Young will likely get a sizeable contract.  While the Lions want to retain him,  if it comes down to money ( cap space ) and ocean fishing opportunities,   the Jaguars have a major advantage.  

What do you think about about Willie Young, D6?

Quote: 

Michael Rothstein

<div>
Per Schefter, Willie Young is going to visit Jacksonville some time in the next day. To me, he is a guy who the Lions should have prioritized, but he also really, really, really, REALLY likes to fish. Like it is all he talks about. So heading south could make sense if the option is there (plus he's from Florida).

</div>

I mentioned this in another thread when someone asked me my opinion on Willie Young.    I'm convinced that if fishing paid anywhere near close to what football does,  Willie Young would be a professional fisherman.   Almost every interview I've seen about Young since he came to the Lions mentioned his passion for fishing.  

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 05:18 PM by D6.)

Quote:What do you think about about Willie Young, D6?

JagNGeorgia,  I expressed the following a week or two ago when asked about Willie Young:

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...lie-young/

I heard on the radio that a deal is in the works.....is that true? Anybody?

definitely could see him flourishing here in Jax

Another great catch for David Caldwell Smile.

If this and Thurmond deal come thru I will be real happy. Only other player I want is De La Puenta or whatever the Saints C is called

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..

^^^^ yes would really like the Jags to sign De La Puente  

Today is like Christmas...especially compared to Gene's FA signings.

Quote:Today is like Christmas...especially compared to Gene's FA signings.

So true! Its been the funnest day in a while. The offseason is so boring

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..

Quote:So true! Its been the funnest day in a while. The offseason is so boring

Most fun* Smile
Shock the world

Another thought regarding the Jaguars interest in Willie Young is that George Yarno,  the Jaguars Offensive Line Coach,  saw Young in practice every practice day for 3 years when he had the same position with the LIons. .  While Young didn't turn the corner until his 4th season,  he showed plenty of potential in practice and of course in each pre-season. 

Quote:Today is like Christmas...especially compared to Gene's FA signings.

Jungle Bells...Jingle Bells....G Smith is but a distant memory now.

Caldwell is shopping with KHAN's checkbook.

Thank you , Thank you THANK YOU! Banana

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Most fun* Smile

LOL I got excited man. The little kid in me is out today!

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..