Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First thing gus should do is fire Fisch

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 12:59 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Don't want yearly turnover, but also don't want to be stuck with poor assistants under the guise of "continuity".

Some of the criticism for Del Rio's turnover, was simply picking poor assistants in the first place, thus necessitating turnover down the line. 

You are stupid if you just think blind continuity is the answer. Under that concept, crap coaches like Richie Kotite would simply get better with time. Don't happen. 

I don't call him "Alibi" Jack Del Rio for nothing. Eventually, people figured out that Del Rio was the problem. He was responsible for the losses. His reputation for making bad decisions then falsely holding his underling accountable was pretty well-known by the time he was fired.

There's a word to describe a situation where a youngster kills his mother and father yet incredulously has the audacity to throw himself at the mercy of the court because he's an orphan. That's Jack Del Rio in a nutshell.

The Jaguars are still paying the price for what Wayne Weaver, Gene Smith, and Jack Del Rio did to David Garrard.

Welcome to Jacksonville. We kill our own quarterbacks and eat them.

Here, Teddy!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1614794-john-elways-controversial-draft-day-saga-relived-in-espns-30-for-30-special

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Babich has precedence of failure as a DC. It was a weak choice from the get go for DC. Same with Fisch. Fisch hasn't been able to stick with a job for more than a year or two even at the college ranks. 

Both continued their norms here this season. 

You are advocating keeping these people. 

I'd call that blind continuity.
I think I get it now. Your favorite team is the Cleveland Browns. They change coaches every 2.8 years. No continuity for them! And it's worked out so well for them.

I think you need to head over there and share you're wisdom. Apparently you'll be well received.

Just don't think about visiting the Steelers' site.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I don't call him "Alibi" Jack Del Rio for nothing. Eventually, people figured out that Del Rio was the problem. He was responsible for the losses. His reputation for making bad decisions then falsely holding his underling accountable was pretty well-known by the time he was fired.

There's a word to describe a situation where a youngster kills his mother and father yet incredulously has the audacity to throw himself at the mercy of the court because he's an orphan. That's Jack Del Rio in a nutshell.

The Jaguars are still paying the price for what Wayne Weaver, Gene Smith, and Jack Del Rio did to David Garrard.

Do you have Crohns disease? Is that why you love Garrard?

Garrard's a great guy. So? What's he the answer to?

Man, we have a guy in love with Stanzi, now this one with Garrard. The Gabbert fans don't show up much anymore.

And if the Jags get Bridgewater it'll be Beiber time!

Quote:I think I get it now. Your favorite team is the Cleveland Browns. They change coaches every 2.8 years. No continuity for them! And it's worked out so well for them.

I think you need to head over there and share you're wisdom. Apparently you'll be well received.

Just don't think about visiting the Steelers' site.

I don't agree with the moves Cleveland has made. I've already ripped the firing of Chudzinski. 

That said, continuity doesn't breed success, its the other way around. But the idea is to hire the right people from the get-go so turnover is not necessitated later. 

One day you'll get it. 

Quote:I don't call him "Alibi" Jack Del Rio for nothing. Eventually, people figured out that Del Rio was the problem. He was responsible for the losses. His reputation for making bad decisions then falsely holding his underling accountable was pretty well-known by the time he was fired.

Here, Teddy!

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/story/John-Elway-was-nearly-traded-to-Cowboys?blockID=895243'>http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/story/John-Elway-was-nearly-traded-to-Cowboys?blockID=895243</a>

Ah, the Garrinder in you comes out. I thought we'd finally eradicated the last of the buffoons, but apparently we missed one.

The biggest mistake Wayne, Gene, and Jack made with Garrard was giving a mediocre career backup the largest contract in franchise history, strapping us with that mediocrity for far longer than was necessary, setting this team back even further.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Wisdom. 

:no:

Quote:Do you have Crohns disease? Is that why you love Garrard?

Garrard's a great guy. So? What's he the answer to?

Man, we have a guy in love with Stanzi, now this one with Garrard. The Gabbert fans don't show up much anymore.

And if the Jags get Bridgewater it'll be Beiber time!

If the Jaguars get Bridgewater or any other college quarterback, he will just be another victim of a franchise clueless about developing young pro QBs.

Time for 2014 pro prospects at QB to examine their options.

http://gazette.com/article/116613

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote:Welcome to Jacksonville. We kill our own quarterbacks and eat them.

No kidding, it was horrible the way this town treated Steve Buerlein.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 01:21 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:I don't agree with the moves Cleveland has made. I've already ripped the firing of Chudzinski. 

That said, continuity doesn't breed success, its the other way around. But the idea is to hire the right people from the get-go so turnover is not necessitated later. 

One day you'll get it. 

I think I'll take my chances with the Jaguars ignoring your advice. Your track record is not that great.

Quote:Ah, the Garrinder in you comes out. I thought we'd finally eradicated the last of the buffoons, but apparently we missed one.

The biggest mistake Wayne, Gene, and Jack made with Garrard was giving a mediocre career backup the largest contract in franchise history, strapping us with that mediocrity for far longer than was necessary, setting this team back even further.

You missed more than you can possibly imagine.

Garrard had two separate playoff runs under his belt. He stood toe to toe with the league's elite quarterbacks and earned the respect of the entire NFL world.

It's clear that eradicating Wayne Weaver, Gene Smith, and Jack Del Rio wasn't enough.

Maybe you need to be eradicated?

Quote:If the Jaguars get Bridgewater or any other college quarterback, he will just be another victim of a franchise clueless about developing young pro QBs.

Time for 2014 pro prospects at QB to examine their options.

http://gazette.com/article/116613

Dave and Gus aren't returning your calls either? Keep trying.

Fisch gets one more year to screw things up then Caldwell will fill his void.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Fisch gets one more year to screw things up then Caldwell will fill his void.

And as usual by waiting the Jags miss out on an "opportu'ny", with Chudzinski being there for the taking for OC right now. 

Quote:And as usual by waiting the Jags miss out on an "opportu'ny", with Chudzinski being there for the taking for OC right now. 

So to protest, teach the Jaguars a lesson and go be a fan of another team.  

That'll show 'em.

The TMD and Jungle Whine show is already getting old.  Its going to be a long off season.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 02:26 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:And as usual by waiting the Jags miss out on an "opportu'ny", with Chudzinski being there for the taking for OC right now. 

Why do I think that for anyone else you'd be on here ranting about another failure be picked up by the Jaguars?

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 01:53 PM by Perkolater.)

Quote:Why do I think that for anyone else you'd be on hear ranting about another failure be picked up by the Jaguars?
Exactly. If they did pick up Chudzinski he'd be complaining that we signed someone who was just fired in Cleveland proving the Jags hired another failure.

Its what he does.

Quote:Why do I think that for anyone else you'd be on hear (sic) ranting about another failure be picked up by the Jaguars?

Because you're wrong as usual. 

I only bash bad choices. There would be other good candidates for OC. 

Quote:Exactly. If they did pick up Chudzinski he'd be complaining that we signed someone who was just fired in Cleveland proving the Jags hired another failure.

Its what he does.

I've already bashed Cleveland for firing Chudzinski, who is a good coach, and would be a fantastic get for anyone as an OC. 

I think Khan should fire all the fans and bring in new ones...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Quote:Wisdom. 

Good one.

;

;