Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
City approves scoreboard funding for Everbank

Quote:From WOKV on Twitter:

"<b>Stephanie Brown</b> @NewsAndNom

I'm finding out some new games could be around the corner w/ #EverBank improvements... working on that story now!"

So, then. 

I think the expectation is Fulham will be playing a friendly here next year.

As for college games, I think we can expect an FSU game in the near future.

I honestly think Miami would give up a (non FSU) home game for the right price. Get an attractive non-conf opponent (maybe an SEC school) in here and that game would sell well.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The Citrus Bowl is in a much seedier part of town than Everbank is in my opinion. I consider it wasted money to renovate that thing, always worry about parking my car whenever I have been there.
Seedy or not after the Citrus bowl renovation I hope the Jags play one preseason game per year in Orlando. Will be a guaranteed sellout and will help us establish a fan base in Orlando. Orlando is key to our long term success. Too large and profitable of a market to not go after.

Quote:I think the expectation is Fulham will be playing a friendly here next year.

As for college games, I think we can expect an FSU game in the near future.

I honestly think Miami would give up a (non FSU) home game for the right price. Get an attractive non-conf opponent (maybe an SEC school) in here and that game would sell well.
I disagree with your non FSU comment. We could offer an incentive package that is a lot more profitable then the current home and home series they have. That is how we land the Florida/Georgia tilt. While tradition is deep for the Cocktail party it eventually comes down to the greenbacks and Jax does a great job of throwing a money driven party for the two schools.

Quote: 

I disagree with your non FSU comment. We could offer an incentive package that is a lot more profitable then the current home and home series they have. That is how we land the Florida/Georgia tilt. While tradition is deep for the Cocktail party it eventually comes down to the greenbacks and Jax does a great job of throwing a money driven party for the two schools.

Possible but that is also the only home game that Miami sells out on a regular basis.

Another game to keep an eye on is Notre Dame-Navy. On even years, the game is played on neutral field when Navy is the "home team". They have played in Philly, Baltimore and Orlando before. It would be an expensive game but would be a guaranteed sellout and with the Navy presence in this area, would be a huge event.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 11:34 AM by David4499.)

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Mayor Brown is bad for Jacksonville if you want this city to grow.... His main focus has been the Jaguars and firing good people......We need a mayor with a brain... not a mayor that follows billionaires around like a bad lawyer chasing ambulances.

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHEN KAHN SELLS THIS TEAM TO LONDON OR LOS ANGELES,?.?.?

I guess we fall back on the Gator Bowl and Monster Truck Rally....SMH

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote: 

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHEN KAHN SELLS THIS TEAM TO LONDON OR LOS ANGELES,?.?.?

I found a great pic of you and JungleCat on the interwebz

[Image: Tinfoil_Hat_Cat.jpg]

Th

Quote:Mayor Brown is bad for Jacksonville if you want this city to grow.... His main focus has been the Jaguars and firing good people......We need a mayor with a brain... not a mayor that follows billionaires around like a bad lawyer chasing ambulances.

That was wierd.

Quote:Mayor Brown is bad for Jacksonville if you want this city to grow.... His main focus has been the Jaguars and firing good people......We need a mayor with a brain... not a mayor that follows billionaires around like a bad lawyer chasing ambulances.

Who is Kahn?

;

;

I voted Alvin Brown because I thought he was going to build on to the courthouse downtown.

Clearly, that should be our number one concern

Quote:Who is Kahn?
Cousin to the guy "selling the team" to London or LA

You're absolutely right.  The last thing you want a mayor doing to promote the city in order to grow the economy is for him to pursue the people who have the money/resources to make that happen.  He should really find another economic sect to pander to.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I think this is that Scotty guy who posts on the TU site.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I think this is that Scotty guy who posts on the TU site.

...or 99% of the people that troll the T-U site.

One thing comes to mind when I read the vast majority of your posts. Is this an act, or are you really that dopey?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:One thing comes to mind when I read the vast majority of your posts. Is this an act, or are you really that dopey?

Appears to be an obvious troller.

Quote:I found a great pic of you and JungleCat on the interwebz

Lol, that is hilarious.

Those scoreboards will be awesome. They might cut a little breeze off but will in turn contain a lot of the crowd noise. I can't wait to bask in their enormously large LED brilliance.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I found a great pic of you and JungleCat on the interwebz

Great job Ralphy..

A+++++++++++++++++
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 01:24 PM by JagsQuest.)

Quote:Possible but that is also the only home game that Miami sells out on a regular basis.

Another game to keep an eye on is Notre Dame-Navy. On even years, the game is played on neutral field when Navy is the "home team". They have played in Philly, Baltimore and Orlando before. It would be an expensive game but would be a guaranteed sellout and with the Navy presence in this area, would be a huge event.
Great point on the Miami game. They do have severe bandwagon fans in South Florida but until they get a new stadium or conduct a major overhaul of Joe Robbie Everbank can still offer more greenbacks.

You make another great point with the Notre Dame/Navy game and the fact that it is going to be expensive. Any neutral site game that we truly want is going to be high profile and expensive. Will be a you get what you pay for type scenario. I also like your Notre Dame/Navy suggestion because Notre Dame - yes, and Navy -yes!

The perfect neutral site game in addition to Fla/Ga will be FSU/Clemson. Those two fan bases will storm Jax with two of the best fan bases in college football and they are both basically revered like professional franchises.