Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
14-23 180 yds 0 TD and 2 INT

Quote:You are out of your mind if you think Henne is the starter next year
Why? He's stuck with him through this awful stretch, what makes you think he'll change his mind in the off season?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why? He's stuck with him through this awful stretch, what makes you think he'll change his mind in the off season?
Having no hope for help and recognizing there is no help available isn't the same thing as seeking help once it is available.

Henne's contract runs out and unless he's looking to take a really big pay cut I can't see any reason for the team to resign him. They could jut put Gabbert back in if 180 yards and 2INT is good enough.

Quote:Why? He's stuck with him through this awful stretch, what makes you think he'll change his mind in the off season?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prosp...gs/2014/QB

(not to mention - it's not "teddy or nothing" like so many of you guys think  -  and we may still get bridgewater anyway)

Because I believe it would trigger a mass suicide.

Oh yea, and we are in really good position to get an upgrade. That might have something to do with it.

Quote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prosp...gs/2014/QB

(not to mention - it's not "teddy or nothing" like so many of you guys think  -  and we may still get bridgewater anyway)
This report cant be right! It has 6 qb's with up to a first round grade? Reading some of the posts on here, I thought there was only 1. LOL

Regarding Manziel, isn't he rumored to possibly have alcohol issues? If so, I'm hesitant to think Caldwell would draft him considering what the team is going through with Blackmon.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 08:07 PM by Haterade.)

Quote:Regarding Manziel, isn't he rumored to possibly have alcohol issues? If so, I'm hesitant to think Caldwell would draft him considering what the team is going through with Blackmon.
It's only a problem if you get caught. Look at what he did with that autograph scandal.

Quote:It's only a problem if you get caught. Look at what he did with that autograph scandal.

And if we spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on the guy and he turned out to have Blackmon-esque issues, how would that fly? I'm not saying I definitely don't want the guy, but I hope they have some airtight background checks on him if we look at him.

I just wish the Jags would use the rest of the season to give other guys a chance instead of rolling these two losers out every week. But I could see Gabbert or Henne coming back and starting next year. With what they've done this season, to still be 1-2 on the depth chart, I just feel like no amount of badness can stop them from starting.

Quote: 

I don't know if he's a poor man's Doug Flutie but he is a chaotic reckless QB in a Doug Flutie body who has great WR's bailing him out of poor decisions. He's Ryan Leaf in a Doug Flutie body. I doubt his game will tranfer to the NFL game. It will be interesting to see what the GM's decide on draft day.

Regards..............the Chiefjag

I agree with Chief.  Manziel would be a big "name recognition" signing, but he really reminds me of Tebow.  Run, Run, Pass, Run, Run.  If he wants to bring that style to the NFL, then he better run a 4.0 flat or put on 75 lbs of muscle.  He'll need it when he's staring at 9 in the box.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:It's only a problem if you get caught. Look at what he did with that autograph scandal.

That kind of "suspension" won't fly under Goodell's iron fist though.  Sure, the NCAA being the most corrupt sports entity would allow it but not in the NFL

Gene's Myth

Quote:I agree with Chief.  Manziel would be a big "name recognition" signing, but he really reminds me of Tebow.  Run, Run, Pass, Run, Run.  If he wants to bring that style to the NFL, then he better run a 4.0 flat or put on 75 lbs of muscle.  He'll need it when he's staring at 9 in the box.

Do some research. Manziel has run much less than last year. His passing stats are up this year.

He reminds you of Tebow? Do you watch college ball?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:And if we spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on the guy and he turned out to have Blackmon-esque issues, how would that fly? I'm not saying I definitely don't want the guy, but I hope they have some airtight background checks on him if we look at him.

Well  -  our left tackle's brother is his back-up.....   so there's that. 

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ViewArticl...=205236116

Quote:I agree with Chief.  Manziel would be a big "name recognition" signing, but he really reminds me of Tebow.  Run, Run, Pass, Run, Run.  If he wants to bring that style to the NFL, then he better run a 4.0 flat or put on 75 lbs of muscle.  He'll need it when he's staring at 9 in the box.

This year he's more like pass, run, pass, pass, run, pass. If you stay in coverage and there's an opening, he'll take off. If the defenders move up anticipating a possible run, he passes. And he his very accurate on the run. I hear he's moving up on Kiper's draft board.

Quote: But I could see Gabbert or Henne coming back and starting next year.

not a chance

Quote:Im really not worried about the top pick. If it happens then whatever, but Im not going to want my team to lose for a kid in college right now. There are a good amount of QB prospects in this draft, and Caldwell has a lot of trade bait in case he is feelin crazy and wants to trade up for one. I like Bridgewater a lot, but I would have a hard time not being pumped for a Clowney/ best available QB combo.
I like the way you think. Here's food for thought. Personally I'm not big on Clowney... not because he isn't a beast, cuz he is... but more so from a commitment/dedication kind of standpoint.

I like the kid Anthony Barr, from UCLA. I think he could be a good piece as the Leo. Then you grab the best QB left on the board at the top of round two and start patching holes on the line in the 3rd and later...

Quote:not a chance
I don't see the team cutting both of them and going into TC with Stanzi, Matt Scott, and a drafted QB

One of those guys will likely stay and "compete"

Unless we sign a FA QB

Cutler, Vick, Freeman... I guess it is possible though I'd lean toward not likely.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 05:50 PM by Kane.)

Quote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prosp...gs/2014/QB

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">In a year where at least nine NFL teams could be in the market for a franchise quarterback, at least one NFL scout believes there are an equal amount of college signal-callers who could potentially receive first-round grades in the 2014 draft.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"It would not surprise me when we make our board if we have nine quarterbacks with first-round grades," the scout told NFL writer Peter King of TheMMQB.com. "Not at all. Obviously, that depends on which underclassmen declare, and you hear things out there. But I could see it."

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">from NFL.com

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"> 

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">9? Holy crap... guess that QB from Bama might actually be pretty good eh?

Quote: 

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">In a year where at least nine NFL teams could be in the market for a franchise quarterback, at least one NFL scout believes there are an equal amount of college signal-callers who could potentially receive first-round grades in the 2014 draft.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"It would not surprise me when we make our board if we have nine quarterbacks with first-round grades," the scout told NFL writer Peter King of TheMMQB.com. "Not at all. Obviously, that depends on which underclassmen declare, and you hear things out there. But I could see it."

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">from NFL.com

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"> 

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">9? Holy crap... guess that QB from Bama might actually be pretty good eh?

Wow.  NINE?   I was just saying 6 in the first was a high estimate in another thread.   I'm leaning towards four at the moment - but of course it's all subject to change.  This should be an interesting topic around combine and pro day time. 

Quote:

In a year where at least nine NFL teams could be in the market for a franchise quarterback, at least one NFL scout believes there are an equal amount of college signal-callers who could potentially receive first-round grades in the 2014 draft.

"It would not surprise me when we make our board if we have <span>nine
quarterbacks with first-round grades," <a class="bbc_url" href='http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/07/tony-romo-monday-morning-quarterback/2/'>the scout told NFL writer Peter King</a> of TheMMQB.com. "Not at all. Obviously, that depends on which underclassmen declare, and you hear things out there. But I could see it."</span>

from NFL.com

9? Holy crap... guess that QB from Bama might actually be pretty good eh?
That's the best news ive ever heard in my life.