Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
There is no way you can blame the Coaching Staff for this.

Quote: 

So I guess Meester, Rackley, Nwaneri, Posluszny, Allen, Lowery, Mincey, Alualu don't fit your notion of veteran role players? Because that's exactly what they are. I think you missed this point. This is year 1 of the rebuild. How many quality starters would you like them to find in 1 year?

<div> 
Wrong. Never said that actually. I said in a post on Page 3 he hasn't played well and that we would be moving on from him. Read the thread.

</div>

Positions the Jaguars changed starters at over last year

FB-Ta'ufo'ou ( Not an upgrade over Jones), Joeckel(Rookie), Miller (Free Agency bust), Marks (Upgrade over Mosley), Hayes (Free Agency bust), Blackmon (Best find all offseason), Gratz (Rookie), Cyprien (Rookie), Ball (Free Agency),

of the 9 new starters for the Jags this year only 1 was on the roster last year, 3 rookies and 5 free agents.

Completely different then what Seattle did, Caldwell "blew it up" not what Seattle did.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Contract size has nothing to do with their position in the defense. Hayes is a totally different type of Linebacker than Smith.

Yea he is worse. Daryl Smith would of been fine here. Well, as fine as you could be on the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Quote:Smith is better than Hayes. Correct. But that's not the point in hand. Hayes was average in TB and was buried in the depth chart. Caldwell brought him in here because he had potential to be an everydown LB. If Smith was still here, we would not know that. Now that we know that Hayes is pretty garbage, we will most likely move on to the next one. This is exactly how Seattle rebuilt their roster. Continuously bringing in players on 1 year deals/tryout basis contracts. 

What is the difference? Well, if Hayes did turn out to be a good LB, wouldn't you be praising Caldwell for the let go of Smith and the signing of Hayes? 

We have the same situation with the CBs. Caldwell let Cox walk in F/A, and brought in F/As on one year/tryout basis contracts. Will Blackmon and Alan Ball have played better than Cox and former. They blanketed receivers all day today. Kaep ran more today than any other game this season. There's a reason for it. 

It's all about finding quality players. You find football players where you find football players. 

EDIT; IN NO WAY AM I FINE WITH THE PLAY OF THE DEFENSE TODAY, IT JUST FIT THE ARGUMENT.

If Hayes turned out good I would still want Smith. He was a great player for us for a long time and had one season where he missed with an injury. I don't discriminate because he is a few years older. You have to have quality players on your team and Smith is a quality player.

Quote:Smith is better than Hayes. Correct. But that's not the point in hand. Hayes was average in TB and was buried in the depth chart. Caldwell brought him in here because he had potential to be an everydown LB. If Smith was still here, we would not know that. Now that we know that Hayes is pretty garbage, we will most likely move on to the next one. This is exactly how Seattle rebuilt their roster. Continuously bringing in players on 1 year deals/tryout basis contracts.

What is the difference? Well, if Hayes did turn out to be a good LB, wouldn't you be praising Caldwell for the let go of Smith and the signing of Hayes?

We have the same situation with the CBs. Caldwell let Cox walk in F/A, and brought in F/As on one year/tryout basis contracts. Will Blackmon and Alan Ball have played better than Cox and former. They blanketed receivers all day today. Kaep ran more today than any other game this season. There's a reason for it.

It's all about finding quality players. You find football players where you find football players.

EDIT; IN NO WAY AM I FINE WITH THE PLAY OF THE DEFENSE TODAY, IT JUST FIT THE ARGUMENT.

You take a risk with everything, and we can play what ifs all day. What if Smith had a monster season? Everyone knew what kind of player Geno Hayes was, and everyone knew Smith was going to be better than him.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2013, 11:41 PM by Solid Snake.)

This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets the Jaguars defensive and offensive lines. It just blows right through them. 

[Image: post-29588-IM-THE-JUGGERNAUT-%5BBLEEP%5D-gif-pe-oIbX.gif]

I want my coaches to get the most out of what they do have on the roster. Regardless of the talent on the team, Gus and his staff have to get these guys ready to play the games to the best of their ability. So far, I don't believe the staff has succeeded. I'm not expecting us to even win at this point. I do think improvement, discipline, and adjustments are fair game in evalutating the coaches. So far, there's no legitimate argument as to why they don't deserve an F. Based off of Gus' press conferences this year, he'd probably be the first to tell you that the coaches have failed thus far.

Quote:Yea he is worse. Daryl Smith would of been fine here. Well, as fine as you could be on the Jacksonville Jaguars.
I think we'd have suffered through at least one less 3rd and forever conversion with D. Smith on the roster. 

Quote:I want my coaches to get the most out of what they do have on the roster. Regardless of the talent on the team, Gus and his staff have to get these guys ready to play the games to the best of their ability. So far, I don't believe the staff has succeeded. I'm not expecting us to even win at this point. I do think improvement, discipline, and adjustments are fair game in evalutating the coaches. So far, there's no legitimate argument as to why they don't deserve an F. Based off of Gus' press conferences this year, he'd probably be the first to tell you that the coaches have failed thus far.

What if that is the best of their ability?

You people are expecting miracles. I simply believe we are not good enough yet. 

Quote:So your saying Caldwell holds no fault in assembling this roster this year? Either Caldwell or Gus take some blame in this season, unless you accept the notion this level of suck is on purpose.
You're really not that deluded in between the ears are you? Did you have some false hope that the would field a competitive team this year? 

Sure I'm mad about the fact that we aren't either but lets be honest. It was exactly what I thought it would be. You just have to keep your expectations as low as you can, so when you get things like the Mike Brown TD today it's exciting. And cheer for the QB mistakes because that just further solidifies our opportunity to score a QB. 

No way the coaching staff gets a free pass. I agree 100% that we have the least amount of any team in the NFL. That does not excuse the players not knowing where to line up, a RB uncovered out on a flank for 40+ yards, the occasional total disarray we see on the field....most of that is on the coaching staff. They have the worst material to work with.,.......but they have also added to the dysfunctionality of the Jags  

Quote:No one is arguing the lack of talent.  This is probably one of the least talented rosters in NFL history.  But it's the lack of discipline and bad play calling that can be blamed on the coaching staff...

Very true.

I may be alone with this one but Jedd Fisch is awful. I want him gone. How many more Quarterback options are we going to see Henne run and fail. I want changes to be made there. I agree we dont have players to make plays but that's Caldwell's job to do. So far he has failed. Cyprien doesn't look like a key player. I know he's a rookie and the suspect on him is still out there and he has time to improve. If we go another season with no talent. I think its time to move on from Caldwell. I dont want to wait 3 seasons to decide whether he's got what it takes.

Quote:What if that is the best of their ability?

You people are expecting miracles. I simply believe we are not good enough yet.

Except that they have already shown that they are a much better team (still very bad) than yesterday's performance.

Who is expecting miracles? We just want some improvement. Yes, the roster is bad. But to this point, the coaching has been equally bad.

Quote:No one is arguing the lack of talent.  This is probably one of the least talented rosters in NFL history.  But it's the lack of discipline and bad play calling that can be blamed on the coaching staff...

+1

Quote:

Quote: 

Both. Bradley has not improved this team in one area.

The team. They said... Out of respect for coach ( after losing his Dad) we want to get him a win.

Not only did they not win. They didn't come close, we're embarrassed, beat up and bullied like little red headed step children... Nothing against red heads...or step children.. In fact I apologize for the comparison.

+1

Quote:So how long do we shield Gus and Dave from blame? 2 years? 3 years?

For some on here, as long as it takes. 

Quote:Shielding the current regime from any accountability because the last regime sucked is dumb.

That quote is sig-worthy. 

Quote:You're really not that deluded in between the ears are you? Did you have some false hope that the would field a competitive team this year? 

Sure I'm mad about the fact that we aren't either but lets be honest. It was exactly what I thought it would be

You thought the Jags would be an 0-8 team being blown out by at least ten points every game?

You thought the Jags would be discussed as possibly the worst team in NFL history?

Oakland's team is a compiliation of scrub free agents, just like the Jags. They have nine new starters on defense. Those players were just as available to Caldwell as they were to Oakland's GM, and Jax is a more desirable place to play, with no state income tax and no dirt infield. So why are the Jags so much worse? Either the Jags GM did a poorer job, the Jags coaches have done a poorer job, or both. And don't tell me it's just Pryor. Henne was 13-18 with Miami, not great but not terrible. Pryor is not THAT much better. And Jason Campbell was available if Caldwell chose to go a different route.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013, 11:17 AM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:You thought the Jags would be an 0-8 team being blown out by at least ten points every game?

You thought the Jags would be discussed as possibly the worst team in NFL history?

Oakland's team is a compiliation of scrub free agents, just like the Jags. They have nine new starters on defense. Those players were just as available to Caldwell as they were to Oakland's GM, and Jax is a more desirable place to play, with no state income tax and no dirt infield. So why are the Jags so much worse? Either the Jags GM did a poorer job, the Jags coaches have done a poorer job, or both. And don't tell me it's just Pryor. Henne was 13-18 with Miami, not great but not terrible. Pryor is not THAT much better. And Jason Campbell was available if Caldwell chose to go a different route.
lol have you watched Pryor? If you give us Pryor and give the Raiders Henne/Gabbert, we beat them in game 2. Pryor had a 93 yard td run yesterday against the Steelers. Pryor is making Denarius Moore and Rod Streeter look good. If Pryor was on this team we would have beaten the Rams and the Raiders for 2 wins.

Quote:You thought the Jags would be an 0-8 team being blown out by at least ten points every game?

In Oakland's case....its more Pryor than you realize. 

As for Henne? ....wasn't he a big part of that 1-15 Dolphins team several years back? 

Did anyone really think we would be much better this year without a Qb?

The front office and Bradley to a degree lost me when we didn't re-sign the great Daryl Smith.  And I thought letting Monroe go was unwise as well, but don't know all of the details.

Now, in addition to having no heart, we have lost our identity as a team.  Who are the Jaguars now?  Scobee?

Quote:In Oakland's case....its more Pryor than you realize. 

As for Henne? ....wasn't he a big part of that 1-15 Dolphins team several years back? 

Henne was not on that team.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...roster.htm

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I'm really not surprised about any of this. We have zero players on the team. Blackmon and shorts are all we really have. There is no talent. Its that simple. Hopefully Caldwell will bring some in during his tenure here but that's the problem. We will suck until we hit homeruns on draft picks and free agents.