Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
There is no way you can blame the Coaching Staff for this.

This is not Coach Bradley's fault. If you look at the roster, and then look at the next worst team's roster, Tampa, St. Louis, Oakland, Minn, they all have leaps and BOUNDS more talent than what we have.

I knew this was going to be a rebuild. I just didn't know it was to this extent. Gene Smith put us this far into the gutter, that the next worst team, has close to 4x more impact players than we do. That is telling. Very, very telling. And if you blame Coach Bradley or any of the coaches, than you know absolutely nothing about football. There is no possible way ANY coach can possibly be graded with this amount of talent. This season can be summed up by looking at the roster. Yes, it is that bad.

Compare some rosters. I dare you. Do it, and then try to tell me this is Coach Bradley's fault. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No one is arguing the lack of talent.  This is probably one of the least talented rosters in NFL history.  But it's the lack of discipline and bad play calling that can be blamed on the coaching staff...

Quote:No one is arguing the lack of talent.  This is probably one of the least talented rosters in NFL history.  But it's the lack of discipline and bad play calling that can be blamed on the coaching staff...
I would dare to say some of JDR teams had less talent.

Quote:No one is arguing the lack of talent.  This is probably one of the least talented rosters in NFL history.  But it's the lack of discipline and bad play calling that can be blamed on the coaching staff...
How are you going to call any play call bad if YOU HAVE NO PLAYERS TO MAKE PLAYS WITH?!?

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:I would dare to say some of JDR teams had less talent.
And I would say you're reaching to blame the performance of this team on the Coaching Staff.

This roster is one of the worst in NFL History. 

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

So your saying Caldwell holds no fault in assembling this roster this year? Either Caldwell or Gus take some blame in this season, unless you accept the notion this level of suck is on purpose.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Both. Bradley has not improved this team in one area.

The team. They said... Out of respect for coach ( after losing his Dad) we want to get him a win.

Not only did they not win. They didn't come close, we're embarrassed, beat up and bullied like little red headed step children... Nothing against red heads...or step children.. In fact I apologize for the comparison.
Blakes Life Matters

Agreed.  There is only one man to blame.  Gene Smith.  He destroyed this team.  It is going to take time to fix it.

Manziel 2014!

Quote:So your saying Caldwell holds no fault in assembling this roster this year? Either Caldwell or Gus take some blame in this season, unless you accept the notion this level of suck is on purpose.
How can you even think like this? Is it really this hard to understand? How in the world could Caldwell made this roster more competitive without sacrificing the future? Even then, if we did sign some overpriced F/A's, we'd only be able to squeeze out 3-4 wins anyway.

This is Gene Smith's fault. Not Caldwell. Not Bradley. Get it through your head. This isn't rocket science.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Agreed.  There is only one man to blame.  Gene Smith.  He destroyed this team.  It is going to take time to fix it.

Says a guy called Mitt and wants Tebow.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Says a guy called Mitt and wants Tebow.
Totally irrelevant to the thread. Makes you sound like an idiot.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

I understand what you are saying Tommy, and im not blaming Gus Bradley, but when a team scores 8 tds in the same amount of games, people start to turn sour.

You cannot look at Gus Bradley's performance so far and give him anything but a F. Its only 8 games mind you, and he has absolutely zero talent on his team, but so far, its an F. I like him as a coach, and im not giving up on him yet, but its the truth.

Quote:I understand what you are saying Tommy, and im not blaming Gus Bradley, but when a team scores 8 tds in the same amount of games, people start to turn sour.

You cannot look at Gus Bradley's performance so far and give him anything but a F. Its only 8 games mind you, and he has absolutely zero talent on his team, but so far, its an F. I like him as a coach, and im not giving up on him yet, but its the truth.
When losing is inevitable the coach is not to blame.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:How can you even think like this? Is it really this hard to understand? How in the world could Caldwell made this roster more competitive without sacrificing the future? Even then, if we did sign some overpriced F/A's, we'd only be able to squeeze out 3-4 wins anyway.

This is Gene Smith's fault. Not Caldwell. Not Bradley. Get it through your head. This isn't rocket science.

So how long do we shield Gus and Dave from blame? 2 years? 3 years?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:This is not Coach Bradley's fault. If you look at the roster, and then look at the next worst team's roster, Tampa, St. Louis, Oakland, Minn, they all have leaps and BOUNDS more talent than what we have.

I knew this was going to be a rebuild. I just didn't know it was to this extent. Gene Smith put us this far into the gutter, that the next worst team, has close to 4x more impact players than we do. That is telling. Very, very telling. And if you blame Coach Bradley or any of the coaches, than you know absolutely nothing about football. There is no possible way ANY coach can possibly be graded with this amount of talent. This season can be summed up by looking at the roster. Yes, it is that bad.

Compare some rosters. I dare you. Do it, and then try to tell me this is Coach Bradley's fault.
I am not for one second argue that this pathetic roster is void of talent because that is painfully unmistakeable however. 0-8 does have plenty of blame beyond just the collection of athletes. Yes there does have to be a measure of curve when grading this staff but the massive blow outs and lack of anything that resembles improvement are a reflection of coaching. Along with discipline issues. I'm not referring to off the field and personal fouls but to so many blown assignments. Tampa is not a good football team obviously but they aren't getting kicked to sleep like we are, giving a pass to this coaching staff is unrealistic to ask of any fan base. I do agree it is early to write off this collection of coaches but having raised eyebrows is not outside the realm of for anyone who bleeds teal.
A good loser is a good loser

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2013, 09:28 PM by Joe.)

Quote:When losing is inevitable the coach is not to blame.

I watched bits of the 1st quarter as I was packing and preparing to leave town for a business trip.  Just based on the defensive performance in that quarter and the number of rushing yards allowed overall  -  I feel the coaching staff can share in some blame.  They've had essentially the same personnel for long enough to be scheming better against the run by now, IMO.  I'm not calling for anyone's job, but I don't think rookies and poor gap fits are solely to blame.  I think the scheme needs to be adjusted to let the players on the roster stand a chance.  Don't just dumb it down.... FIX IT!! 

Quote:So how long do we shield Gus and Dave from blame? 2 years? 3 years?
I'd say give them a fair enough time to rebuild one of the worst rosters in the history of the NFL. I'd say 3-4 years, but 2-3 years would be adequate if we see no improvement at all.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:How are you going to call any play call bad if YOU HAVE NO PLAYERS TO MAKE PLAYS WITH?!?

Little talent is one thing, but some of the boneheaded mistakes like blown assignments or silly penalties where a lack of discipline is evident are certainly attributable to coaching. Even the guy you're defending has admitted this repeatedly the past couple of weeks.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2013, 09:38 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:Says a guy called Mitt and wants Tebow.
One may sound like an idiot when he says this isn't the coaches fault.

What improvements have you seen? EIGHT games. ALL blow outs. NONE of it is coaching? The lack of discipline? The bad defense from a defensive coach? Possibly the worst team in Jag history, let alone the NFL? The roster is weak. But there are enough experienced players that should show at least some respectability.

Besides, when I comment on something in your thread about someone who thinks Tebow would help the team somehow, it is relevant. Like maybe thinking that's idiocy.
Quote:Totally irrelevant to the thread. Makes you sound like an idiot.

Blakes Life Matters