Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Should Still Be Starter

The sprinkles ruined a lot of players...... #sugarIsBad
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 01:57 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Yup, jags front office and coaches are the 1st round qb career destroyer , leftwich, gabbert, bortles, 2018 1st rd qb draft

(08-21-2017, 01:56 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup, jags front office and coaches are the 1st round qb career destroyer , leftwich, gabbert, bortles, 2018 1st rd qb draft

C'mon......... at least let me have that one. Don't kill all my dreams. I have hope will find our own version of Aaron Rodgers.

Omaha's #1, you have lost your mind. If anyone needs mental health help, it is you. Bortles is a lost cause. The only thing he should be starting is AA after all those trips to the Lemon Bar. Again, there is a Hall of Fame QB 6 hours West that would turn this franchise around immediately. His name is Brett Farve.
President, Omaha for Jacksonville

(08-21-2017, 02:11 PM)Omahas #2 Jags Fan Wrote: Omaha's #1, you have lost your mind.  If anyone needs mental health help, it is you.  Bortles is a lost cause.  The only thing he should be starting is AA after all those trips to the Lemon Bar.  Again, there is a Hall of Fame QB 6 hours West that would turn this franchise around immediately.  His name is Brett Farve.

He might not want to play here. What you think about Joe Montana or Bart Starr? Khan might be able to convince them.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 03:14 PM by SeldomRite.)

(08-21-2017, 03:07 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 02:11 PM)Omahas #2 Jags Fan Wrote: Omaha's #1, you have lost your mind.  If anyone needs mental health help, it is you.  Bortles is a lost cause.  The only thing he should be starting is AA after all those trips to the Lemon Bar.  Again, there is a Hall of Fame QB 6 hours West that would turn this franchise around immediately.  His name is Brett Farve.

He might not want to play here. What you think about Joe Montana or Bart Starr? Khan might be able to convince them.

Preposterous suggestions. Clearly the team should bring the Wells Fargo truck with them to visit Peyton Manning.

Make it happen, Khan.

(08-21-2017, 03:13 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 03:07 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: He might not want to play here. What you think about Joe Montana or Bart Starr? Khan might be able to convince them.

Preposterous suggestions. Clearly the team should bring the Wells Fargo truck with them to visit Peyton Manning.

Make it happen, Khan.

Ah true. Risky though. Don't want to bring back pizza parties. Papa Johns breadsticks will be a hit in the locker room.

BB5 is 11-34 to start his hall of fame career.  Did you know that both Joe Montana AND Jim Kelly were also 11-34 to begin their HOF careers?  Everyone needs to calm down and let this young man blossom.  

Thanks

(08-21-2017, 05:29 PM)denvers#1jagsfan Wrote: BB5 is 11-34 to start his hall of fame career.  Did you know that both Joe Montana AND Jim Kelly were also 11-34 to begin their HOF careers?  Everyone needs to calm down and let this young man blossom.  

Thanks

I really hope this post is satire.

There's no such thing as a loser to winner in this generation of the NFL. If steve young would have been drafted in 2013, he would be out of the league by now and not one of the best QBs of all time
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I have a great idea though! Lets replace a QB who's not been good for 3 years with a QB who's not been good for 9 years.

Problem solved.

(08-21-2017, 11:28 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: I have a great idea though!  Lets replace a QB who's not been good for 3 years with a QB who's not been good for 9 years.  

Problem solved.

It's not even that. It's that Bortles confidence is shot and his arm is dead before the season. He doesn't have it between the ears for the NFL. I remember his saying in an interview if it was up to him he'd just keep running 4 verts all game. Thats like what cheesers do in Madden.

We got Tim Tebow 2.0 over here with BB5.

What's worse is that we dogged Tebow's mechanics after Broncos released him, Nonono. "Even if he's released" But we went ahead and drafted a Tebow clone anyway. SMDH

Only, Tebow made playoffs and won in the league. So the unsuccessful version of the mechanically challenged clone? Oof

Anyway, these Omahas are too much. I'm not sure if I'm confused or amused by #1 vs #2. All I hear in my head is Juggy barking Omaha Omaha at the line of scrimmage.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Ryan O'Halloran‏Verified account @ryanohalloran  8m8 minutes ago
More
Unnamed #Jaguars media member: "This team is starting 3-1."
6 replies 1 retweet 7 likes

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 12:19 PM by NJ JagsFan.)

I agree he should be the starter. Henne has no upside he will not be a Franchise QB. Blake on the other hand still has some upside (which is getting smaller and smaller everyday) and should just be thrown out there just to see what he does and have this be literally a sink or swim season for him. Play well you're in play poorly you're cut by the end of the season simple as that, even if he plays average just keep him and draft a QB in the 1st and have him compete until one of them takes over. Henne at most only could offer us 1 or 2 more wins then Blake could which is nothing. He's not getting us into the playoffs and is just going to have us get a worse draft pick which is his best case scenario.

Why care who plays QB? It doesn't matter. The season's a bust before the first regular season snap. Which loss is a good loss? Bortles? Henne? Allen? They will unload Bortles because they don't want a 19mil financial hit. Henne will do as good as Henne will do. Allen, who knows, but the team can't take the financial hit for Bortles. It's just is not worth the risk. Who's to say Bortles won't try to get injured just to collect then leave us holding the bag if they decide to play him. I guess it's easy for some to say play him when it's not their money.

(08-18-2017, 12:32 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: In my opinion the most logical thing to do would be to let Blake play out this year.  I know, I know, that the majority of you are now saying he has to go and we need to start Henne.  I think it's absurd how so many of our fan base, and I'm sure other fan bases' do this as well, flip their opinions after every throw of every practice.  It was only a month or 2 ago that most of the fan base was saying that Henne should be cut and that Allen should just be moved up to #2.  Neither Henne or Allen are going to lead this team to the playoffs this year, sorry to break the news to you, and it would appear as if neither will Bortles.  However if we're going to be bad, lets be bad giving our #3 draft pick one more chance.  If he tanks, then we draft a quarterback in round 1 next year, possibly bring in a proven vet if there's one available via free agency, and let them all compete in a true competition. 

I know that this is hard to hear because we were all so primed once again from a seemingly successful offseason, but I believe that we still have too many holes other than just the quarterback on this team to be a playoff competitor. 

On another note, is it just me or does this offense seem to play much better when we spread the field a little bit and pick up the tempo.  I have thought for the last couple of years that our coordinators have seemed to combat what Blake and our offense does best by trying to slow the game down so much.  I get that we want to run the ball, but when we run on 1st down consistently for 1-2 yards, this hampers the offensive immensely.  This game is all about adjustments and adaptation.  If we can't run the ball, then we need to change our gameplan accordingly and mix it up a little bit more.  Also as long as this offensive line continues to play the way they have for the last 4 years, it doesn't matter who's taking the snaps, they'll struggle.

The way that it's looking, the starting QB is most likely going to be Henne.  If that's the case, Bortles is pretty much done.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 08:22 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

stole this

[Image: 9t69vc7qlchz.jpg]

^ that, was epic
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]