Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Game QB discussion

(08-25-2017, 08:47 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 08:31 AM)NH3 Wrote: BB5 outplayed Henne against the Panthers w/o a doubt. The stats alone proves it. His pocket presence is better along w/his mobility while throwing on the run as the starting QB will most definitely have to do.

NH3...

Exactly.  Bortles looked like Henne did with the 2's, the difference is Bortles is mobile and isn't afraid to throw the ball down field.  With a good coach you harness that, control the mistakes, and that is what makes the team better.

While Henne may take away some mistakes he also takes away many of the big plays.
Henne didn't throw it downfield? While Bortles actually learned how to throw?  I guess we watched the game in altering dimensions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-25-2017, 08:41 AM)keeper88 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 08:31 AM)NH3 Wrote: BB5 outplayed Henne against the Panthers w/o a doubt. The stats alone proves it. His pocket presence is better along w/his mobility while throwing on the run as the starting QB will most definitely have to do.

NH3...

Stats alone is the determining factor? Against mostly backups? Another horrible pick-6? Did he throw better downfield passes than Henne? Did you watch Bortles erratic subpar throwing, even warmups?

Yes. I and most people/reporters has said so since last night's game. I understand that BB5's deficiencies are a topic of discussion but his deficiencies are better than Henne's in most observer's opinion(s).

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-25-2017, 08:50 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 08:41 AM)keeper88 Wrote: Stats alone is the determining factor? Against mostly backups? Another horrible pick-6? Did he throw better downfield passes than Henne? Did you watch Bortles erratic subpar throwing, even warmups?

Yes. I and most people/reporters has said so since last night's game. I understand that BB5's deficiencies are a topic of discussion but his deficiencies are better than Henne's in most observer's opinion(s).

NH3...
Calling BS on the most people/reporters part. And having a qb who clearly can't throw is more than a deficiency.

@Rapsheet #Jags coach Doug Marrone on his QBs: "I’m not going to put that pressure on myself to say, ‘Hey, listen. I need to do this.’ I’ve got time."

What does this mean lol?

(08-25-2017, 02:56 AM)wassamattau Wrote: One of the guys during the radio broadcast summed it up best. He said that (I'm paraphrasing) Bortles had a higher ceiling, but a lower floor.

Pretty much.

With Henne, you're getting fewer INTs due to bad decisions, and right now he has a much better deep pass, but when guys are not streaking open downfield you just don't see Henne throwing beyond 10 yards downfield with most of his passes in that 0 to 5 yards deep range.  You just don't get any real production with him.

Bortles stupid, stupid INT just floored me while bringing back so many memories, and he's still getting over his recent bout of arm fatigue wherein he's not throwing deep well at all. His arm fatigue issues throughout his pro career have me very hesitant to ever let him see that $19 mil. That said, he brings with him an intermediate game where he'll throw to pretty much anywhere on the field, and I really don't see Henne matching that.

Allen in my book brings more overall game to the table than both, but of course, I'm not a coach or scout so what do I know?

'02

(08-25-2017, 08:50 AM)keeper88 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 08:47 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: Exactly.  Bortles looked like Henne did with the 2's, the difference is Bortles is mobile and isn't afraid to throw the ball down field.  With a good coach you harness that, control the mistakes, and that is what makes the team better.

While Henne may take away some mistakes he also takes away many of the big plays.
Henne didn't throw it downfield? While Bortles actually learned how to throw?  I guess we watched the game in altering dimensions.
Yes Henne did deliver a Pretty pass down field for about what? 45-50 yards. Subtract that play from his total yards within the first half and what do you get for his passing yards. Include his two sack as well because of his inability to be truly mobile. Also he too was inaccurate on a couple of passes.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-25-2017, 04:33 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Just playing Devils Advocate here:

Let's say Blake actually performs during the season (I know it's a reach, but let's go with it for the sake of this post). Let's say his stats are similar to that of 2015, and we did enough to win the division.

Where would you guys sit with Blake then? Would you welcome the extension or would you still cut him, draft a QB and have Allen and a Rookie QB from the 2018 draft on the roster?..

I ask because I'm intrigued to find out people's stances on the situation. Personally, I still see something in Blake (I know, I know...) I think he could still perform for us.. I certainly don't think it's dead in the water... yet!

For me to pay Blake I have to know he'll at least be able to manage his arm fatigue issues. Provided he does that and plays well enough to win... much like he did in 2015 if it weren't for the defense... then I'd still pay him. Heck, if you wouldn't still pay him, why keep him around at all? 
'02

(08-25-2017, 08:57 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 02:56 AM)wassamattau Wrote: One of the guys during the radio broadcast summed it up best. He said that (I'm paraphrasing) Bortles had a higher ceiling, but a lower floor.

Pretty much.

With Henne, you're getting fewer INTs due to bad decisions, and right now he has a much better deep pass, but when guys are not streaking open downfield you just don't see Henne throwing beyond 10 yards downfield with most of his passes in that 0 to 5 yards deep range.  You just don't get any real production with him.

Bortles stupid, stupid INT just floored me while bringing back so many memories, and he's still getting over his recent bout of arm fatigue wherein he's not throwing deep well at all. His arm fatigue issues throughout his pro career have me very hesitant to ever let him see that $19 mil. That said, he brings with him an intermediate game where he'll throw to pretty much anywhere on the field, and I really don't see Henne matching that.

Allen in my book brings more overall game to the table than both, but of course, I'm not a coach or scout so what do I know?

I Concur to All written, especially your comment on Brandon Allen. Let the young man play for Jaguar's sake.

NH3...
"AZANE"

that's exactly right

(08-25-2017, 09:03 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 08:50 AM)keeper88 Wrote: Henne didn't throw it downfield? While Bortles actually learned how to throw?  I guess we watched the game in altering dimensions.
Yes Henne did deliver a Pretty pass down field for about what? 45-50 yards. Subtract that play from his total yards within the first half and what do you get for his passing yards. Include his two sack as well because of his inability to be truly mobile. Also he too was inaccurate on a couple of passes.

NH3...

More than 1 nice downfield pass, be honest. And there's 0 argument over who is a better and more accurate pure passer, right?  If you say there is, we might as well stop our debate here.

I was never a fan of Walterfootball, but that guy has said for YEARS that Bortles does not care about being a good football player. Appears he may be right.

What I don't understand is all through camp and up until the first or second preseason game every local media person said while none of the QBs were lighting it up, Bortles has looked the best. All of a sudden he has a few bad series (along with the whole team) and Henne all of a sudden is the better QB and has looked better all along? Henne has terrible pocket presence and not mobile, two of the main things you'll need behind the turnstyle O-line we have. I'm not a Bortles supporter by any means, as I would be bringing Kaepernick in ASAP, but Bortles is the best option on the roster.

Last night all should have got a glimpse of what Henne has always been...slow in decision making and too careful. On the flip side, Bortles goes after it, sometimes at a fault, like trying to squeeze that pass into Hurns for the int. As much as I want to see change for the better at QB position, Bortles offers more upside than Henne, but sometimes at a cost. Bortles will be starting because he offers better pocket presence and ability to keep a play alive. With this O-line, those abilities carry a ton of weight.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-24-2017, 11:07 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Henne is the best QB on this team. This is not something anyone ever wants to say, read, hear, or type
Did you bump your head?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Jeez...

You guys DO realize that Chad Henne has thrown interceptions at a higher rate for his career than Blake Bortles, right?

This whole, "At least Henne won't turn the ball over" narrative its complete nonsense from people who don't know better.

Chad Henne plays it safe the whole game and still throws picks. Enough with turning players into people that they are not.

Henne gives this team the best chance of not turning it over more than the other team. He might take a sack or two.. or 5... but those don't normally get returned for TD's. Every time BB5INT throws a pick.. it heads back the other direction really fast and for a lot of yards.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(08-25-2017, 10:14 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Jeez...

You guys DO realize that Chad Henne has thrown interceptions at a higher rate for his career than Blake Bortles, right?  

This whole, "At least Henne won't turn the ball over" narrative its complete nonsense from people who don't know better.  

Chad Henne plays it safe the whole game and still throws picks.  Enough with turning players into people that they are not.

This.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(08-25-2017, 10:29 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 10:14 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Jeez...

Chad Henne plays it safe the whole game and still throws picks.  Enough with turning players into people that they are not.

This.
Blake threw 2 interceptions yesterday against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'm good with him riding the pine.

Henne has had a couple TD passes dropped... maybe 3 in the last couple games.

He isn't lighting it up but if it's close... I don't think you risk the injury to Bortles.

Bortles really didn't look that much better VS backups for Carolina either..

And I still think O-Line is more of an issue than either QB.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 10:38 AM by DarloJAG84.)

(08-25-2017, 10:33 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 10:29 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: This.
Blake threw 2 interceptions yesterday against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'm good with him riding the pine.

To each their own, my opinion is that we'd be better off with Blake than Chad at QB1.

(08-25-2017, 10:35 AM)Kane Wrote: Henne has had a couple TD passes dropped... maybe 3 in the last couple games.

He isn't lighting it up but if it's close... I don't think you risk the injury to Bortles.

Bortles really didn't look that much better VS backups for Carolina either..

And I still think O-Line is more of an issue than either QB.

I totally agree..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...