Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Game QB discussion

This team will not be .500 with either of them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2017, 10:35 PM)haveaseat Wrote: This team will not be .500 with either of them.

nope... maybe if the OL improves so we can have a good running game we can, but without a solid running game we wont be much better than last year...Defense needs to step up big time too

I think we have to play Blake.
There is nothing fun about Chad's play.
I was actually cheering for Blake to do well.
While driving in my car in California Because I can't stomach the idea of Chad starting

Brandon Allen looks more relaxed, professional, and mobile than the other two.

I dare say Cleveland will have more wins than us. We may just nab that elusive #1 pick this upcoming draft.

We might go winless

I think you've to start Blake because he can escape the pressure better. It's just a fact that this O-line appears as if it's going to struggle. Henne will take a beating time and time again behind this line. Whoever our QB is, they are going to have to elude the rush, get out of the pocket, and make something happen.

I honestly think after tonight they're going with Blake.

7.8 Y/A for Bortles vs 5.2 Y/A for Henne. Even against backups, it still shows a pattern.

Henne got the start and turned back into check down Chad. The offense responded to Bortles and he really looked like he gained back some of his confidence during that first TD drive. Blake did exactly what Marrone wanted and led the offense. His worst flaw of staring down some routes is still very apparent though.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 10:53 PM by realtorpat. Edit Reason: spelling )

Gotta start Bortles I think Chad throws a decent deep ball and slant but thats about it. Bortles opens up more of the field but comes with the pick risk. If we take the training wheels off and get 4net to keep us in managable down and distance we will be fine. Throw out the read option shot gun runs and quit calling bootlegs from the same formation back to back and Bortles will be fine.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Blake played better tonight but neither QB looked great. That o-line and play calling certainly didn't help.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-24-2017, 10:53 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Blake played better tonight but neither QB looked great. That o-line and play calling certainly didn't help.

Lee and 4net open us up a bit more but we can't run like that and expect to win.  The 3rd and 4th Bortles series the OC did a better job of mixing run and pass before that it was too predictable.
Go Jags!

Bortles 12 for 16, 125 yards, 1td. Bortles should start

The reality is we don't have a good QB on the roster. It's damage limitation more than anything.

Henne is awful. Isn't accurate, checks down all the time but can hit a deep shot here and here.

Bortles is awful. Throws tons of picks and has little to no confidence. If he gets injured he's stuck in the roster for millions. He is mobile though and can pick up throws on his legs, that's about it...

Allen is unknown more than anything. He's accurate, pretty mobile and seems to have a decent grasp of the offense. Great at playaction. I would have really liked to see him play with the 1s. His arm is average at best and he's pretty small but I think he gives us the best shot. Especially when our gameplan is going to be run the stones out of Fournette and dink and dunk up the field.

Please stop the Allen hype. The kid might be good in a few years but his bad decision making and youth showed tonight.

Can't the Jags just cut Blake before having to pay the 19+ million?

(08-24-2017, 10:59 PM)darko886 Wrote: Please stop the Allen hype. The kid might be good in a few years but his bad decision making and youth showed tonight.

Yeah, that 2 minutes with no timeouts really sealed the deal.  Rolleyes

(08-24-2017, 11:02 PM)wg171 Wrote: Can't the Jags just cut Blake before having to pay the 19+ million?

Cut the best qb on the roster? Absurd.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I see why Wynn does well he is the only receiver quick enough to get open consistently. Him Westbrook and Cole are the hardest 3 to decide who makes the team I think. Although I think we could go light at db and ol. A ton of our depth can be stashed on the ps. Ol enough are positionally flexible to keep less. Biggest surprise I could see possible is cutting Benn and keeping the other 3 or possibly keeping 7 wr and going light at te

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Go Jags!

Why not bring someone else in, they can't be worse.

(08-24-2017, 11:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 10:59 PM)darko886 Wrote: Please stop the Allen hype. The kid might be good in a few years but his bad decision making and youth showed tonight.

Yeah, that 2 minutes with no timeouts really sealed the deal.  Rolleyes

Seriously lol. I think Henne pretty much confirmed what we all thought/knew. Nothing has changed in his time here with us. He is a scared check down machine, a statue who can't move in the pocket... I think we should start Blake and Allen be the no2 with henne finally meeting the Turk. Allen has proven in games he can compete, he looks improved from last year and its night and day. I will watch PS game 4 just for him.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 11:08 PM by TearExtractor.)

Henne is the best QB on this team. This is not something anyone ever wants to say, read, hear, or type.