Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players Saw the Penalty Discrepancy

(01-22-2018, 01:49 PM)Patriot71 Wrote: The Patriots against everyone. The way it's meant to be.
Everyone except the refs.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Today has been rough. Still unhappy with things from yesterday. 

Still not happy with the end of the first half. Yes, the play clock appeared to ht 0 but NO WHISTLE was blown, a FLAG was thrown, AFTER we got the first down. Now i can't help but feel that if Lewis had dropped the pass, it would have been 4th down. Then the refs literally take them from inside their own 20 and pop them down at the Jags 1. New England didn't earn 1 of those yards. That was huge as the Pats had got 3 on their first drive and then 2 three and outs followed by another punt. We had scored TD's on 2 consecutive drives and were driving again. We would have added some points, left little time left and got possession to start the 2nd half. That swung the score from 17-3/21-3 to 14-10. That's huge.

Now the 4th Q, that's where it got crooked. The no calls on Lewis are real headscratchers. Clear interference,way before the ball arrived, on 3rd down. Those are such big non calls as they kill drives, they kill any hope of building drives. And it gives the Pats another bite. Take the Jack fumble, an amazing play, only whistled dead after he had possession and was gone. Why would they blow it dead? We go 3 and out but pin the Pats inside their 20 and what happens, a truly awful awful PI call on Ramsey. Please someone find the shot. Underthrown, Cooks scrambling and the ref just throws it out there. That puts them near midfield and they score. We have a drive, again no PI calls, punt, Brady gets another shot. That's how they rig it folks.

Im still pretty upset about yesterday, more than i thought i would, i don't think it's down to the score, i just think i wasn't ready for this magical season to be over and the long wait kick in. I look at our young roster and think this is just the beginning but i've been a Jags fan for a while, part of me fears it may be another 18 years if the rest of the NFL sorts itself out.

(01-22-2018, 01:49 PM)Patriot71 Wrote: The Patriots against everyone. The way it's meant to be.

Except the refs of course. Pats love them some refs.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-22-2018, 01:27 PM)Patriot71 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 12:42 PM)Firesky Wrote: OBVIOUS?!?! The penalty on Bouye while he was covering Cooks was the most ticky-tacky call considering Cooks was shoving him the whole way down the field, Bouye had perfect positioning, Cooks took a bad angle (since Bouye had better inside position) stepped out of bounds, and to top it off IT WASN'T A CATCHABLE BALL. If anything an argument can be made for Illegal Contact, but PI? thats a 40 yard swing that puts them into the redzone with less than a minute rather than moving the ball 5 yards. The one on Jalen i'll give you. And the Gronk one would not have been called if it was a Pats defender on a Jags passcatcher and everyone here knows it.

Pats got away with murder. The supppeerrrr late delay of game penalty and the early whistle on Jacks fumble recovery were game changers. The NFL will look into the clear bias, and hopefully when the Pats come down to Duval next year they wont get any help from the men in stripes to screw the Jags.

Patriots played well enough to win and executed the plays they needed to, hats off to them. But you're kidding yourself if you think that the Pats didn't commit a SINGLE penalty on Offense or Defense given the soft nature of the calls they got the other way. We'll see you again in the 904 next season, and you better bring your A game since It'll be in prime time with the refs briefed to let em play.. believe that.

Cooks was trying to cut back in and was mauled out of bounds. Easy call on a very catchable Ball. The Gronk call was even easier. That gets called 100% of the time.

Cooks is free to cut back in without running into Bouye. Bouye doesn’t have to move so that he can do it. Instead, Cooks gets handsy, Bouye gets handsy, and the ball is significantly overthrown. Cooks was equally pushy as Bouye.

There were definitely some blatant no calls. Several holding as well as a couple PIs. Especially the one everyone had to see when Mercedes was mauled on that possible 3rd down conversion. The only people you will hear saying otherwise are Patriots fans. With that being said, you have to knock out the champ. You will not get the decisions. We didn't do that. Kneeling with almost a minute left in the half and playing zone most of the second half after man had got us there and only one blitz all game. How do you not blitz on 3rd and 18?

How many asterisks do we put next to the Pats now? It’s every year that they have huge calls fall in their favor.

(01-22-2018, 12:42 PM)Firesky Wrote: OBVIOUS?!?! The penalty on Bouye while he was covering Cooks was the most ticky-tacky call considering Cooks was shoving him the whole way down the field, Bouye had perfect positioning, Cooks took a bad angle (since Bouye had better inside position) stepped out of bounds, and to top it off IT WASN'T A CATCHABLE BALL. If anything an argument can be made for Illegal Contact, but PI? thats a 40 yard swing that puts them into the redzone with less than a minute rather than moving the ball 5 yards. The one on Jalen i'll give you. And the Gronk one would not have been called if it was a Pats defender on a Jags passcatcher and everyone here knows it.

Pats got away with murder. The supppeerrrr late delay of game penalty and the early whistle on Jacks fumble recovery were game changers. The NFL will look into the clear bias, and hopefully when the Pats come down to Duval next year they wont get any help from the men in stripes to screw the Jags.

Patriots played well enough to win and executed the plays they needed to, hats off to them. But you're kidding yourself if you think that the Pats didn't commit a SINGLE penalty on Offense or Defense given the soft nature of the calls they got the other way. We'll see you again in the 904 next season, and you better bring your A game since It'll be in prime time with the refs briefed to let em play.. believe that.

Cooks was trying to cut back in and was mauled out of bounds. Easy call on a very catchable Ball. The Gronk call was even easier. That gets called 100% of the time.

This is simply not true.

(01-22-2018, 12:36 PM)Patriot71 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 12:17 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So many great universities in the area... but the city itself has the dumbest people in the world.

Such irony.

I the Jags ever become winners you'll appreciate the whining.

So you're saying Boston isn't the moron capitol of the world? That's laughable.

(01-22-2018, 03:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 12:36 PM)Patriot71 Wrote: Such irony.

I the Jags ever become winners you'll appreciate the whining.

So you're saying Boston isn't the moron capitol of the world? That's laughable.

Your comment is laughable.

There was more contact from Cooks on to Bouye than Vice Versa. If this call was made on a Patriots DB you'd be livid. It was good coverage, there was incidental contact on both sides (the ball was no where near a catchable pass ... give your optometrist a call).

The Gronk Call I agree is a penalty even though Gronk ducked his head. But lets be honest, I don't think the Jags would get this call if it were a patriots defender onto a Jags receiver, Gronk being a patriot and having "star power" absolutely factored into him getting that flag.

Can you honestly tell me that the Patriots played penalty free football on both offense and defense? Do you honestly believe there wasn't a clear disparity in how the officiating was enforced between the 2 teams? I know you're biased as a Pats homer but lets see how objective you're really being. Further, without the help from the Zebras... do you think the Patriots still have a chance in this game?
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-22-2018, 03:43 PM)Patriot71 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 03:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So you're saying Boston isn't the moron capitol of the world? That's laughable.

You are laughable, what’s your point?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-22-2018, 03:43 PM)Patriot71 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 03:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So you're saying Boston isn't the moron capitol of the world? That's laughable.

Everything you say on here is laughable