Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Re-sign Marqise Lee

If Hurns is cut, which needs to be really soon because he is owed 4M 16th, it's to fill other spots on the roster. Cap space is veryyyyyy limited now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Humph! Welp!
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Don't like the Lee signing but hopefully this is finally the year he breaks out

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 03:43 PM by JNev.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vjtNm-Ulws

Can we get this Marqise Lee plz? It's amazing just how good he looks in this video and how I don't think I've seen more than a handful of plays even remotely similar in the NFL. He was a game-changing MONSTER in college

It is what it is and that is the going rate. I think ARob didn't want anything to do with our QB. I wouldn't have over paid but the draft is the only cheap route.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Last two seasons:

Lee
1553 YDS
6 TD

Hurns
961 YDS
5 TD

One arrow is pointing up, the other down.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-13-2018, 03:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hurns take a pay cut after this deal?  Lol

You're just looking at it wrong. 

It's not "take a cut after this Lee deal"  it's  "take a pay cut to stay on the team after you got your bigger guarantee than Lee already."

(03-13-2018, 03:41 PM)pirkster Wrote: Last two seasons:

Lee
1553 YDS
6 TD

Hurns
961 YDS
5 TD

Exactly.

It's pretty much a 2 year deal,the weak draft class is why we are paying him

(03-13-2018, 03:34 PM)JNev Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: That's why you franchise him.....

I'm good with not having a diva malcontent WR unhappy to be here all season
How exactly is he a diva?

Also, would you rather have Hurns and Lee or Robinson?

I think I'd rather have Robinson.

(03-13-2018, 03:41 PM)pirkster Wrote: Last two seasons:

Lee
1553 YDS
6 TD

Hurns
961 YDS
5 TD

Last two seasons : 

Lee :
1,555 snaps 
201 targets 

Hurns :
1,174 snaps
132 targets.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 03:59 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

What are you Hurns guys holding onto as your basis for him being deserving of $7 million this year? Go look at his production since getting paid two offseasons ago. And don't forget his concussion history either. I've asked this question many times before, but how many concussions do you guys think he has left in him before he calls it a career?

Hey, I love Hurns and his UDFA story. He's just not worth anything close to $7 million for this season. I hope he's on the team this year, but I think you have to expect his deal to either be re-done or for him to be cut.

I believe we are at 7 million now?

(03-13-2018, 03:54 PM)ColoJag Wrote: I believe we are at 7 million now?

Basically nothing considering draft picks amount to ~6 M.

(03-13-2018, 03:06 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Well, I like Marqise Lee. I think he’s a solid WR. I’m glad we re-signed him.

I won't even read the rest of the thread. I am also glad he's back.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Could see them cutting Henne and drafting a rookie QB mid round. That would save a little bit of cap space.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 04:08 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Unbelievable, colossal waste of money!

(03-13-2018, 03:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: If Hurns is cut, which needs to be really soon because he is owed 4M 16th, it's to fill other spots on the roster. Cap space is veryyyyyy limited now.

If Hurns is cut, WR moves up the list of draft needs. Lee is a 3rd receiver at best. Everything about him is average.

(03-13-2018, 03:54 PM)ColoJag Wrote: I believe we are at 7 million now?

Until we know how Norwell and Lee's deals are structured in the first year and until we find out if Hurns is released or re-structured (Friday deadline) we really don't /won't know what money is left in the 2018 cap.

Apparently we are still looking at veteran Wrs according to Garoffalo on Twitter

(03-13-2018, 04:10 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Apparently we are still looking at veteran Wrs according to Garoffalo on Twitter

Why?

I'm glad he's back. He has great rapport with bortles, he had a ton of clutch 1st down catches, and he is open a lot.

I'd like to see those drops come down, but it's not as bad as people here make it out to be.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."