Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Austin Seferian Jenkins plans to visit the Jags

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 02:32 PM by ATLjag.)

(03-15-2018, 01:36 PM)sacksonville2k Wrote: Eifert >>>>>>>>>>>> ASJ

Please sign EIFERT

Eifert is one of the best TEs in the league.  His issues on the health side, especially back and ankle, are scaring off any team thus far in giving him a contract with decent guaranteed dollars.  His agent is likely fielding calls with one year lower price deals with some stay healthy incentive dollars built in as upside, or long term dollars without any meaningful guaranteed dollars beyond year 1.

If I were betting, I would wager him to take a one year type prove it deal, and hope performance and health allow him to cash in on a better deal one year from now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 02:33 PM by Inziladun.)

(03-15-2018, 12:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Arob not seeing eye to with Bortles is based off of a stray pass in a preseason practice.  

In other words, not evidence of anything.

It's all speculation but think about it for a second. There's really only two possibilities here, Either Jaguars low-balled him and he decided to cash in somewhere else and the Front Office let it happen, or A-Rob got an offer and didn't entertain it or realistically counter it.

I'm leaning towards the later based on what we saw the Jags do after he signed with the Bears, retain Lee and Bring in Moncrief. It doesn't help that A-Rob was talking about how he knew other Teams thought he was hot stuff relatively early in the process. I suppose there's an additional third possibility that his injury is worse than is expected but there's even less evidence of that.

(03-15-2018, 02:31 PM)Inziladun Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 12:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Arob not seeing eye to with Bortles is based off of a stray pass in a preseason practice.  

It's all speculation but think about it for a second. There's really only two possibilities here, Either Jaguars low-balled him and he decided to cash in somewhere else and the Front Office let it happen, or A-Rob got an offer and didn't entertain it or realistically counter it.

I'm leaning towards the later based on what we saw the Jags do after he signed with the Bears, retain Lee and Bring in Moncrief. I suppose there's an additional third possibility that his injury is worse than is expected but there's even less evidence of that.

I think it's much more likely we low balled him, probably offered him the same sort of deal Marqise took. If we were willing to go near what the Bears did we would have franchise tagged him or at least transition tagged him, which was a lower number than the 14 AAV he got.

(03-15-2018, 12:26 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 11:35 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I think you hit the nail on the head there.

I kinda think its the Bortles thing as well. I dont think the FO disrespected him monetarily.

I was actually just saying I agreed ARob didn't want to be here, not that he had an issue with Blake. He may have had a problem, we don't know, but it seems obvious he wanted out
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(03-15-2018, 10:39 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Looks like he wants about 6 million. I think the Jags will sign him and either cut Hurns or re-do his contract. If Seferian-Jenkins has truly cleaned up his act, which appears to be the case, this would be a good deal for the Jaguars. They will be totally free to take the BAP in every round which is a great spot to be in. I would also expect them to be more active on draft day- especially moving up for a player they covet. The fun part will be that nobody other than Coughlin and Caldwell has any idea which players they will be targeting. Personally, my top priority if they sign ASJ would be an offensive lineman who can challenge Cann- but also be able to swing to tackle in case one of the starters is injured. One guy that might fit the bill would be Tyrell Crosby- somewhere in round 2. He can play either position and is a mauler- which would fit in nicely with what they have now.

I would like him to be our RT of the future.

Could you imagine Hernandez in round 1 and Crosby round 2?

Assuming good health, our OL would be set for years.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 02:52 PM by JackCity.)

(03-15-2018, 02:31 PM)Inziladun Wrote:

I'm leaning towards the later based on what we saw the Jags do after he signed with the Bears, retain Lee and Bring in Moncrief. It doesn't help that A-Rob was talking about how he knew other Teams thought he was hot stuff relatively early in the process. I suppose there's an additional third possibility that his injury is worse than is expected but there's even less evidence of that.
Right I don't have a problem with any of that.  It's just the narrative of Arob having a personal conflict with Blake is based off of one preseason practice throw clip. 

He could well not like Blake , just we don't actually have any evidence of it.

Eifert just signed a 1 year deal with the bungles.

I like the fact that A-Rob stuck very close to most of his defenders which made his catches seem even more spectacular than those WRs that get separation.

Factor in a torn ACL and he should really be able to keep his defenders right next to him so he can battle them for the ball

(03-15-2018, 01:49 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 01:29 PM)NJ JagsFan Wrote: I'm pretty sure a couple of years ago he was seen liking Instagram posts and tweets about the Jags needing a new QB and possible replacements.

Un oh well Ramsey was liking Cousins and Lamar Jackson posts all offseason hopefully we don't turn on him too.

Fine, but add that with the fact that TC stated it takes two to tango when it came to resigning ARob...

(03-15-2018, 03:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I like the fact that A-Rob stuck very close to most of his defenders which made his catches seem even more spectacular than those WRs that get separation.

Factor in a torn ACL and he should really be able to  keep his defenders right next to him so he can battle them for the ball

[Image: a07ca365935972150757e9c9086e3d2b9eb2ec99...81f80b.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-15-2018, 03:15 PM)NJ JagsFan Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 01:49 PM)Upper Wrote: Un oh well Ramsey was liking Cousins and Lamar Jackson posts all offseason hopefully we don't turn on him too.

Fine, but add that with the fact that TC stated it takes two to tango when it came to resigning ARob...

Which lends even more credence to us low balling him. If we were willing to give him market value we would have given him one of the tags, which wouldn't have taken two to tango. We wanted him cheap and he knew what he was worth and got it.

(03-15-2018, 03:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 03:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I like the fact that A-Rob stuck very close to most of his defenders which made his catches seem even more spectacular than those WRs that get separation.

Factor in a torn ACL and he should really be able to  keep his defenders right next to him so he can battle them for the ball

[Image: a07ca365935972150757e9c9086e3d2b9eb2ec99...81f80b.jpg]

[Image: say-somthing-i-was-beat-me-to-it-you-did.jpg]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(03-15-2018, 03:43 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 03:15 PM)NJ JagsFan Wrote: Fine, but add that with the fact that TC stated it takes two to tango when it came to resigning ARob...

Which lends even more credence to us low balling him. If we were willing to give him market value we would have given him one of the tags, which wouldn't have taken two to tango. We wanted him cheap and he knew what he was worth and got it.

See that right there is where you potentially could be wrong. We don't know that for a fact and you in your own opinion (and some others) might be confident about that. 

I meanwhile and obviously other people on this board think differently. We are speculating that this was the case as you are speculating that we low balled him is the case. I just feel like there is more pointing in our direction then yours because there is nothing pointing to the fact that we low balled him like you're saying there is (besides for your opinion) while there are more signs of ARob being unhappy with the Jaguars.

(03-15-2018, 02:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 10:39 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Looks like he wants about 6 million. I think the Jags will sign him and either cut Hurns or re-do his contract. If Seferian-Jenkins has truly cleaned up his act, which appears to be the case, this would be a good deal for the Jaguars. They will be totally free to take the BAP in every round which is a great spot to be in. I would also expect them to be more active on draft day- especially moving up for a player they covet. The fun part will be that nobody other than Coughlin and Caldwell has any idea which players they will be targeting. Personally, my top priority if they sign ASJ would be an offensive lineman who can challenge Cann- but also be able to swing to tackle in case one of the starters is injured. One guy that might fit the bill would be Tyrell Crosby- somewhere in round 2. He can play either position and is a mauler- which would fit in nicely with what they have now.

I would like him to be our RT of the future.

Could you imagine Hernandez in round 1 and Crosby round 2?

Assuming good health, our OL would be set for years.
Yea, right now that's what I'd like to see also. Hernandez has a decent chance of being there in round 1. Depending on what happens with Seferian-Jenkins, I could still see the Jags going tight end in the 3rd round. It's a very deep class.

(03-15-2018, 03:43 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 03:15 PM)NJ JagsFan Wrote: Fine, but add that with the fact that TC stated it takes two to tango when it came to resigning ARob...

He's gone.. Get over it.

2 year deal... ASJ to Jags.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 04:33 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Looks like we got him

2 year 10 million

We are most likely going qb or g at 29. This is looking like qb tho

https://mobile.twitter.com/diannaespn/st...9576840193
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

5 mil a year if what I’m hearing is true. That’s not bad at all, I just hope he’s grown up.

Awesome signing!!

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/9743...90112?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."