Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why did our offense regress with the same coaches?

Quote:Maybe you need to go back and watch last season.

We were in a lot of close games. There was no garbage time in the majority of them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Because that's not the only time garbage time happens. Teams with large leads will often concede underneath routes late in games knowing this consumes the clock, and they do this without pulling starters. Often times, this makes the final score closer than the game actually was.

So in a way it is garbage time for the other team's offense because they are controlling the clock.

Quote:So in a way it is garbage time for the other team's offense because they are controlling the clock.

Nope. It's garbage time for the trailing team because the opposing defense is allowing the yardage.

Last year we lucked into rookies, backups and scrubs week in and out. We were gifted a super soft and winnable schedule and that was good for 5 wins and "looking" competitive in other games. Teams played us with a vanilla game plan to protect their QBs.  Now everyone has tape on our tendencies and are very familiar with our offensive game plan.

We are watching our QB and team melt down before our eyes. We have a short week and have a strong possibility of being crushed again.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Garbage time is the wrong term for some of the games last year.

Our offense was bad in the 1st quarter last year (and this year) which led to us being down by double digits early. So although it's not technically garbage time yet, they still has to throw to come back. Not to mention the lack of a run game last year led to Blake throwing a ton.

Also... it's simple. The Jags suck under Gus.

Quote:I don't think what we did last year. I know what we did. Bortles threw great passes to Hurns and Robinson, who rarely dropped them and actually fought for the ball in tight coverage. Running plays near the goal line were a problem because, unlike this year, we did not have a quality backup for T.J. Yeldon.

Ok... So why are they worst this year compared to last year???

Quote:Last year we lucked into rookies, backups and scrubs week in and out. We were gifted a super soft and winnable schedule and that was good for 5 wins and "looking" competitive in other games. Teams played us with a vanilla game plan to protect their QBs.  Now everyone has tape on our tendencies and are very familiar with our offensive game plan.

We are watching our QB and team melt down before our eyes. We have a short week and have a strong possibility of being crushed again.

So again, part of it is a credit to the defense.

Truth is I feel like because our defense is better, the games are closer and teams aren't playing prevent defense the whole 4th quarter anymore(no more cheap TD's)

Dude... Our defence is trash too.

Quote:Truth is I feel like because our defense is better, the games are closer and teams aren't playing prevent defense the whole 4th quarter anymore(no more cheap TD's)

We were close in a lot of games last year with a bad defense because of our offense.

Now it is because of our defense that games are close, but the offense is why we lose.

Quote:Dude... Our defense is trash too.

It most definitely is not trash. There is noticeable improvement.

Quote:Players, not plays. The offense simply isn't playing as well as they did last year. 

So it's on Dave? Why aren't the players making plays? Why is there no consistency?

Quote:So it's on Dave? Why aren't the players making plays? Why is there no consistency?

It is all about plays this year, obviously. Too many runs, screens, slants, and whatever you call the fourth down play against Green Bay.

Quote:Dude... Our defence is trash too.
I'm trying not to laugh, because I think they've done decent job, especially when the offense and the special teams keep allowing the other team to start inside the 35.

Quote:I'm trying not to laugh, because I think they've done decent job, especially when the offense and the special teams keep allowing the other team to start inside the 35.

Except for one turnover today, special teams did not allow any opponent to start inside the 35.

Quote:It most definitely is not trash. There is noticeable improvement.

No. There is no noticeable improvement. The d is just as bad as they ever were.

The entire team sucks. If you want to give a slight nod to punting and field goal kicking, fine.

But our defense is soft, undisciplined, and lacking any semblance of passion that would allow them to compete with even the most mediocre of teams -- like the raiders.

Out offense is just like our defense.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 06:55 PM by Caldrac.)

Our offense was not great last year. It was prime time garbage time. Bortles led the NFL in every major passing catergory last year in the fourth quarter. We were always playing from behind because we didn't have a stout defense. Now that we actually have a respectable defense this year the offense is now having to actually play like an offense that knows how to execute and string together offensive drives early in games thanks to this defense pitching three and outs. And simply put, they cannot do it. Between the regression of Bortles and the lack of running game. And the drops from our best receivers when they do get a clean football. They just keep taking two steps forwards and a country mile backwards every chance they get. This team shouldn't have won last weekend in Chicago. They got lucky there. We'll be lucky to win two or three more games with this current coaching staff intact. They weren't prepared and therefore this team wasn't prepared. Bradley is incapable of leading and making adjusments on the offensive side of the football. And he's relying on a coordinator in Olson who brought over his 32nd overall ranked offensive mentality from Oakland two years ago. And that's the truth in a nutshell.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I watched last years games in vivid and frustrating detail. Said Bortles wasn't good then and I stand by that, obviously. It was an easy eye test in my opinion, unless wearing teal shaded BB5 glasses.

Quote:I watched last years games in vivid and frustrating detail. Said Bortles wasn't good then and I stand by that, obviously. It was an easy eye test in my opinion, unless wearing teal shaded BB5 glasses.

I don't wear teal glasses. I know what the offense did last year: move the ball downfield many times, having little difficulty in the passing game.

I suppose you didn't see the inaccuracy that was there all along, many Jump ball saves by the Allens. Frequently coming from way behind against soft defenses and BAD competition. The offense looked nothing like an inspiring well oiled machine. There was quite a bit said about this outside of jax.