Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why did our offense regress with the same coaches?

I don't get it. Our offense was great last season. Now it is looking bad despite the fact that Gus Bradley retained all of his offensive assistants. You would think it could only get better, not worse. We upgraded our personnel by adding Chris Ivory and Kelvin Beachum, got Brandon Linder back, and are finally seeing Marqise Lee do what he was drafted for on a regular basis. Julius Thomas only missed one game. We have been struggling to do exactly what made us so good last year on offense. What gives?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It all comes down to coaching. Bortles looked the part last year because of the padded stats (let's be honest). But I think we're seeing the real him. Back to the drawing board.......

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Because our coaching wasn't that good to begin with.  We've had a bunch of duds at the key coordinator spots since day 1.

Padded stats? Bortles actually was one of the better QBs last season except for turnovers.

Quote:Because our coaching wasn't that good to begin with.  We've had a bunch of duds at the key coordinator spots since day 1.

So how could we be good last year if all of the coaches suck?

Quote:So how could we be good last year if all of the coaches suck?

We weren't good last year...

Players, not plays. The offense simply isn't playing as well as they did last year. 

We have the worst coaching staff in all of football. Jerry Sullivan is the only bright spot, but he can only do so much for our receivers.

This staff would get railed in college. Especially when explosive plays happen all the time and teams love to run the score up.

Quote:Players, not plays. The offense simply isn't playing as well as they did last year. 
There's a reason for this... They just don't randomly suck after playing football their whole lives.

Why does everyone continue to insist our offense was good last year? It was not. Stats and yardage were inflated due to "garbage time." Period.

Gus Bradley, Todd Wash, and Greg Olson. WHO?

They're all F graded coaches. What have they ever done? Gus is a coordinator that shined because of the talent the Seahawks acquired.

Because anytime Olson has a season with a  decent offense he follows it up with a bottom tier offense. 

Quote:We weren't good last year...

on defense

Everyone who watched us play last year knows our offense was good except for turnovers.

Last year was an illusion.  This is. the team and other teams can out coach us easy. I cringe every time I see the Trips right bunched formation.  When you can't execute plays and you are stuck in meeting rooms listening to the same drivel every week human nature kicks in. Players have to be pushed. They make money no matter what happens on Sunday. The coach is soft and the front office isn't committed to making tough choices.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:on defense

Everyone who watched us play last year knows our offense was good except for turnovers.
We played from behind a ton last year which made Blakes stats look better than they were.

Quote:Why does everyone continue to insist our offense was good last year? It was not. Stats and yardage were inflated due to "garbage time." Period.

No team rested its starters in the fourth quarter because it was "garbage time." We actually were close in a lot of games. You obviously did not watch our games last year.

Quote:on defense

That's simply not true.  While it was maybe better than previous years it still wasn't that good.  

Quote:Last year was an illusion.  This is. the team and other teams can out coach us easy. I cringe every time I see the Trips right bunched formation.  When you can't execute plays and you are stuck in meeting rooms listening to the same drivel every week human nature kicks in. Players have to be pushed. They make money no matter what happens on Sunday. The coach is soft and the front office isn't committed to making tough choices.

There is no illusion. Either you do or you don't, and we did. Also, when  you see something different one year later, obviously we are not hearing the same old thing in meeting rooms.

Quote:We played from behind a ton last year which made Blakes stats look better than they were.

This is true and I did fall for it.  

I expected better from him this year and his throwing motion is ugly.  I'm not sure how that can be corrected when it's that bad.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 05:08 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:That's simply not true.  While it was maybe better than previous years it still wasn't that good.  

I know what I saw. Watch last year's games.