Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 NFL MVP Cam Newton vs. Blake Bortles

Quote:My last words in this thread as you are clearly delusional and have some really odd fetish for Bortles.

Get a life.  You're failing as Bortles' savior. 

Sorry for getting excited about Jacksonville's future. Not everyone can be a stick in the mud like you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No one wants Blake to fail or be run out of town (some may, but they're probably the same ones that want to run everyone out of town).

The discussion of his struggles has merit to say the very least. It's not just the fan base, it's the coaches, the Jags organization and ......hang on a minute.....Blake himself! He is struggling and there's nothing at all wrong with discussing it.

This team is bigger than any one player. He's not above reproach because he had great stats last year. No one here cares about Cam Newton or anyone else, we care about our team. 99% of the posters on this board want him to succeed, stop taking it personally. 

He's badly trolling and/or suffers from a severe learning difficulty.

Could the OP give us a list of your top 15-20 QBs right now, just so I can put into perspective what you are saying?

Quote:i'll bite..

difference is Cam threw only 10 INTs to Bortles' 18.  Blake had 5 lost fumbles to Cam's 4.

Cam ran for 10 TDs to Bortles' 2.

Effectively, Cam had 45 TDs and 14 turnovers.

Blake had 37 TDs and 23 turnovers.

so what's the difference you ask?
/thread

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:No one wants Blake to fail or be run out of town (some may, but they're probably the same ones that want to run everyone out of town).

The discussion of his struggles has merit to say the very least. It's not just the fan base, it's the coaches, the Jags organization and ......hang on a minute.....Blake himself! He is struggling and there's nothing at all wrong with discussing it.

This team is bigger than any one player. He's not above reproach because he had great stats last year. No one here cares about Cam Newton or anyone else, we care about our team. 99% of the posters on this board want him to succeed, stop taking it personally.

I knew I liked you for a reason...lol. This is precisely what I've been trying to say to him in every response I give to one of his posts.

I admire his dedication to his favorite player. I get it. I will be on my deathbed defending John Stockton and Karl Malone, for example...but that doesn't mean I have carte blanche privledges to belittle or attack those with a differing opinion.

In his defense though, there are a fair number of posters who come across like they've given up on Bortles already...those are the ones that generally draw his wrath.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Pretty sure he has a Bortles shrine in his closet. Probably a dirty towel Bortles used to dry his butt crack too.

Dear God, can I unread this?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

First of all, Bortles has a resident boo already, the dearest Leopold. Who is this fake mistress, SpaceCoast? We only accept one partner at a time.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Of course, everyone's already been saying that for weeks around here, but.... whatever. What's one more thread?

I've only been around here sparingly for a bit and the majority of my browsing isn't in the Jaguars section so I apologize if I missed them. I was just commenting and not agreeing with the love fest of the OP.

Blake's struggles run deeper than just a lack of a run game but I know you know that as well.

He has a lot of issues to correct right now.

Some I'm not confident he can. That being his seeming regression in his throwing motion.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 11:08 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

I don't really mind his love for Borts. Mod Jags02 loves Corey Grant, but he doesn't bring it to this level. Space speaks of Bortles as if he is ELITE. I know he said something like well in time. Ok, well then in time things will come to fruition man. You can't be yelling and screaming like this guy is a top dude right now, because he is not!

Better QBs right now:

In no particular order.... 

Brady, Palmer, Ryan, Flacco, Newton, Dalton, Stafford, Rodgers, Luck, Brees, Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Wilson. 

At this moment in time these  QBs provide better QB play. Berger is hurt up in Pitt, so clearly (before trolls come in and say WOW HE IS HURT), he will be back and is a way better QB. 

Is Bortles flaws correctable? Sure. Will they be? Hopefully. Is he the franchise QB?. .. well I am... but he can be 2nd... Smile

He is the man for the for seeable future. Needs much help in the run game to maximize his learning at the QB position. He needs to be able to relax. He hasn't. Thus, he fails. We know he is 24. We know the stuff you bring up. We all as a fanbase want to see him succeed. To think he is ELITE, or on the verge of it is down right ridiculous though man. 

Quote:I can't believe we have someone else on the level of JDub and Snowy. This guy is insane.

The reason Panthers fans aren't destroying Cam right now is because of what he has done in the past. Some people on this board are bashing Blake because he is turning the ball over too much which is helping lead to some of the losses. It's not solely on him but he's a reason for it.

Get off his jock already. Just because he went to UCF doesn't mean you have to blow him. I went to MD and I love Yannick but I'm not out here claiming he's better than Von Miller which is exactly what you're doing saying Blake is better than Cam.
He's like the opposite of Bklyn but not really. Lol.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:What has Cam done in the past? Have you ever seen his stats? He's had ONE elite season. That's it. He's a media hype.
This i agree with. Before last season he was really average.

Quote:This is the dumbest thread ever made...Except for the one that Rico made that one time.
Yet still better than any Bklyn or Jdub make..

Quote:He's like the opposite of Bklyn but not really. Lol.
He aint Bklyn. Bklyn is a jag fan who has taken the losing far beyond what a normal person should. Thus is a depressed human being who hates life and hates good stuff. He will snap outtta it.  Eventually.... 

Quote:Part owner of a $27 million dollar book of business. $3.3 revenue per year. What's your point? Again, if you want to make this personal and laugh at what I do, at least answer MY question. What do you do for a living?

I don't know about him but I'm Rick Harrison and I own a pawn shop. I work with my old man and my son Big Hoss. Everything has a story and a price. The one thing I've learned after 23 years? You never know whats gonna come through that door.

Difference, Cam went to the super bowl. 

Bortles IS the superb owl. 

Superb owls cant make it to the superbowl. 

Oh, and he led Carolina to 15 wins, Bortles? LOL. 5. Cam and the Panthers won more games last year than Gus and Blake have won combined throught their careers. Just stop. 

Wow...and I thought I was a big Cam homer. This guy is tough to read.

Quote:Wow...and I thought I was a big Cam homer. This guy is tough to read.

The Irresistible Force Vs The Immovable Object.

It's happened Y'all.

You guys are funny. 

ImATexan

Lol
No Fun