Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oh come on now....Give Bradley his credit

Quote:I'm not the one that's butt hurt because numerous people on here continue to prove you wrong. Even when you come up with what I can only call are desperate attempts at thinking that you know what you're talking about. But by all means continue on, we all love comedy relief.

Could you do me a favor and point those out. Seriously. We're talking basic defense, nothing I can go out in the world and use for clout. I've actually tried to be rather structured in my arguments, but that screams desperation to you? You've presented no arguments, only jokes but I'm comic relief? Plz keep going

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dumbest topic in a while, not surprised by who made it.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:^Yes,, very much agree with this.

The defense is starting to look legit (and with a bunch of young guys filled in the roster too).

When you look at each game objectively, the defense is not giving up that many points.

When the offense continually stalls, and when they occasionally turn the ball over deep in their own territory, the defense is put in bad field position (and they have to start with the opponent already in FG range, just like today).

GB: 6 points given up in the 2nd half (some 1st half points attributed to an offensive turnover near scoring range)

BAL: 6 points given up in the 2nd half (while getting 3 turnovers in the 4th qtr in Ravens territory)

IND: 6 points given up in 3qtrs (plus getting a key INT that gave the offense starting field position near the goal line)

CHI: 6 points given up in the 2nd half (3 of those points weren't from their own fault,, BB's fumble lost already in Chicago FG range). Defense came in directly after the fumble and stopped them, limiting the damage). Also,, 10 points given up in the 1st half while the offense continued to sputter.

The defense is playing winning football. There's not much they can do when they're on the field most of the game because of continual 3 and outs and turnovers from the offense.

I say the teams struggles are due to the Offense this year.

But hey, they still managed 2 wins regardless. If the offense improves their play (limiting turnovers and sustaining some drives), the Jags will be winning a lot more games.

Sry bout the rant. Just excited over having a legitimate, winning Defense.

Agreed buddy. With all the youth/new parts on D this year, I feel they've more than shouldered their load thus far. Bortles has gotta be the man now, run game is silly.

Quote:That's how you end up with a guy like Cameron Meredith torching you for 113 yards.

Leaving him and Miller open underneath (with no small amount of cushion) so often was an egregious error, IMO.

I kinda a agree, assuming we ran a strict cover 2 the same underneath stuff would be there. All we had to do was tackle and we did. Hoyer's passing numbers seem gaudy but if you look at the # of attempts, you can see he did no real damage and was limited.

i say give him a 5 year extension

I dont like Bradley as much as the next guy but Im willing to admit that he has gotten better each week

Sorry folks, Gus Bradley's team squeaked out a win today but I don't know how much credit Gus gets for it. It seems to me Gus Bradley made it closer to a loss than was necessary. He just doesn't have his team ready to play week in and week out.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Perhaps I have missed or am missing something, but following this debate, it seems like an artificially limited choice is given between not blitzing at all and running a zone blitz.

I understand that running a zone blitz concept requires a DL to drop, but why not run conventional blitz concepts?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Yes.

Your turn.

In all honesty, I think it remains to be seen. He has made his fair share of mistakes, talent aside. I think he's had the benefit of being able to learn on the job as a first time HC in the NFL.

Offensively, he can only be judged by his hires. He had the foresight to part ways with fisch. Before this season, there was a thread wondering if we might lose Olsen to a head coaching gig. Now that seems laughable. Grade: Incomplete

Defensively, he's just this season gotten a full complement of players for his scheme. It's showing dividends much sooner than we anticipated. The growing pains of young players have risen up from time to time. Things have erratic to say the least. Grade: Incomplete

I think this season will let us know whether we should continue down this path with Bradley and I have the patience to wait until after the season to come to a conclusion.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 06:25 PM by Varan101.)

If the Jaguars reach 3-3, I think they have the talent to turn things around despite whatever concepts Bradley is throwing around.  They have been in every game by one score except one, and I can't remember the last season that happened.

Quote:Perhaps I have missed or am missing something, but following this debate, it seems like an artificially limited choice is given between not blitzing at all and running a zone blitz.

I understand that running a zone blitz concept requires a DL to drop, but why not run conventional blitz concepts?

I think they do still run conventional blitz concepts, but earlier I mentioned Poz being exploited on said blitz might have been the reason for the increase in zone blitzes

Quote:Perhaps I have missed or am missing something, but following this debate, it seems like an artificially limited choice is given between not blitzing at all and running a zone blitz.

Like every other team in the league they run both.

Quote:If the Jaguars reach 3-3, I think they have the talent to turn things around despite whatever concepts Bradley is throwing around. They have been in every game by one score except one, and I can't remember the last season that happened.

Coughlin's last year here

Oh please. Team looked terrible coming out of the bye week. Gus is to blame for that.

Quote:Oh please. Team looked terrible coming out of the bye week. Gus is to blame for that.

I'll take it tho

Quote:I think they do still run conventional blitz concepts, but earlier I mentioned Poz being exploited on said blitz might have been the reason for the increase in zone blitzes
Quote:Like every other team in the league they run both.

I don't deny they run both, but the play in controversy was a zone blitz, and the debate has focused on whether to zone blitz (in this case dropping Jackson) or not blitzing at all.

I just find it curious neither side argued for a conventional blitz

Quote:I don't deny they run both, but the play in controversy was a zone blitz, and the debate has focused on whether to zone blitz (in this case dropping Jackson) or not blitzing at all.

I just find it curious neither side argued for a conventional blitz

Not exactly. I'm sure you remember the uproar when Benjamin was matched up against Poz and the result. More conventional blitzes mean more situations like that one. Obviously, no one wants to see Poz in that spot. Thus we have the zone-blitz, which has been met with heavy consternation. If you don't want Poz matched up on a wr, and you hate linemen dropping into coverage you might not want to blitz at all.

Quote:Not exactly. I'm sure you remember the uproar when Benjamin was matched up against Poz and the result. More conventional blitzes mean more situations like that one. Obviously, no one wants to see Poz in that spot. Thus we have the zone-blitz, which has been met with heavy consternation. If you don't want Poz matched up on a wr, and you hate linemen dropping into coverage you might not want to blitz at all.

Understand that, but I'm not sure Poz would necessarily get isolated on a Wr like that given the field position.

Quote:Not exactly. I'm sure you remember the uproar when Benjamin was matched up against Poz and the result. More conventional blitzes mean more situations like that one. Obviously, no one wants to see Poz in that spot. Thus we have the zone-blitz, which has been met with heavy consternation. If you don't want Poz matched up on a wr, and you hate linemen dropping into coverage you might not want to blitz at all.

Poz should never be in that spot regardless of the blitz.

Quote:Is Gus a good coach? Yes or no. Yes or no is all I need.

After what I saw in the 1st half against a below average Bears team, and given 2 weeks to prepare for them and Hoyer, who has played against Gus before so he should know what to expect, I don't think anybody out there can call Gus a good coach. I just don't see it.

He isn't even an average HC at this time.

Can that change? It's very unlikely from what I have seen these last 3 1/4 years.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.