Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oh come on now....Give Bradley his credit

This team was on the brink. Just couldn't get nothing going. Then ol Gus pulls out a Victory.

We are tied for 2nd place in the division. If the Colts beat the Texans later then the division is wide open.

Come on now, swipe your credit card! Give this man some credit.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hell to the No!!!
No Fun

Come on now, he found a way to win..

I give him credit for a gutsy call at the end of the game taking the penalty. There were some posters in the game day thread who thought it was the wrong move.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I give him credit for a gutsy call at the end of the game taking the penalty. There were some posters in the game day thread who thought it was the wrong move.

That's right.

Bortles delivered in the 4th quarter and Benn made a heads up play, so now Gus is a capable NFL coach.

Quote:I give him credit for a gutsy call at the end of the game taking the penalty. There were some posters in the game day thread who thought it was the wrong move.
I don't see how, especially with how close t hey were. I agreed with it in the GD thread, and if we didnt take t he penalty they would have got the 1st down, they gained 7 on the play after the penalty. 

Quote:Hell to the No!!!
+1000

Fire gus.

He turrible.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

3rd Quarter adjustments. Give him his due

He wasn't terrible today.

I don't agree with Gus Bradley much but I thought he made correct decision.

Quote:This team was on the brink. Just couldn't get nothing going. Then ol Gus pulls out a Victory.

We are tied for 2nd place in the division. If the Colts beat the Texans later then the division is wide open.

Come on now, swipe your credit card! Give this man some credit.

I will credit him for only holding on to his misguided gameplans until the end of the third quarter, leaving enough time for Bortles to work some magic, but I'd rather the team play to their strengths from the start.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 04:45 PM by Scarecrow.)

Nope. They played ugly and struggled against one of the worst teams in football. Based on talent they should have beat the Bears fairly easily.

Gus is what he is to me. There isn't any changing that this year.

If you thought that Gus should have declined that holding penalty late in the game then you just don't know football.  

I'll give him credit when they stop dropping Malik back into pass coverage, or when they don't have Julius blocking a DE on a rollout in that direction, or when Skuta stops playing. 

If we didn't get a miracle 51 yard TD on a broken play and we lose this game does Gus get credit then? Obviously not. So why would he now? 

Quote:Hell to the No!!!

Haha. A reporter asked how they pulled out the victory and Gus said "wait , we won?"

This team still baffles me but a win feels good.

I agree with everything KYJaggy said. Stop dropping lineman in coverage. Just stop.

Did the Bears convert any 3rd downs in the second half?

Quote:I'll give him credit when they stop dropping Malik back into pass coverage, or when they don't have Julius blocking a DE on a rollout in that direction, or when Skuta stops playing.

If we didn't get a miracle 51 yard TD on a broken play and we lose this game does Gus get credit then? Obviously not. So why would he now?

Let's sign a high priced DT and drop him into coverage. Let's sign a high priced pass catching TE and use him to block. Let's drop a slow, poor covering MLB into coverage against the other teams fastest WR.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 04:52 PM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:Did the Bears convert any 3rd downs in the second half?
Don't think so....the defense was incredible in the second half. Kept giving the O a chance.

Just when the announcers said they thought the Jags D was getting gassed they made more plays.

no how no way should gus take cred for this.....we shouldn't have been in this position to begin with except for the clown staff.

Mr khan needs to see he has some players now....he just needs coaches.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson