Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Da Bears Week

Quote:But he's not with the Texans anymore. So we have to look at his entire body of work. He was only good against us on the Texans team with JJ Watt, healthy Arian Foster, and Hopkins against our horrendous defense. Our defense is significantly better and Chicago is significantly less talented than that Texans team
Ignore her dude.

In just about every other thread she says "last year doesn't matter. Only this year does."

Now she's claiming last year matters.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Has a Gus coached team ever won consecutive games? I think this game will be close. On the road against anyone, we are at risk of being ooutcoached

Quote:Ignore her dude.

In just about every other thread she says "last year doesn't matter. Only this year does."

I noticed that too haha

Did you see the Bears injury report? They are extremely banged up, Jags are very healthy. We match up well vs their offense and they have a vulnerable secondary. We will find out how good this team really is or if the Colts were just a bit bad too

Quote:Did you see the Bears injury report? They are extremely banged up, Jags are very healthy. We match up well vs their offense and they have a vulnerable secondary. We will find out how good this team really is or if the Colts were just a bit bad too

Colts are a bit better than the Bears, but our team knows the Colts better.
No commercial messages in sigs

There is no reason to go into this game being over-confident. The Bears, despite having many injuries, still have weapons on offense that could give the Jags a hard time. Jags have been shredded before by emaciated teams. This game will be a nail biter from the start. We are not at a point where we can go into a game saying "we got this".

However, if we lose this game, having 2 weeks to prepare for it, being mostly healthy, and playing against several backups of a losing team, it will be devastating. I'm not predicting a win. I expect a win, but I'm not predicting it. This team has got to be great on both sides of the ball to win. And that includes coaching as well. The latter of those scares me the most.

Quote:There is no reason to go into this game being over-confident. The Bears, despite having many injuries, still have weapons on offense that could give the Jags a hard time. Jags have been shredded before by emaciated teams. This game will be a nail biter from the start. We are not at a point where we can go into a game saying "we got this."

However, if we lose this game, having 2 weeks to prepare for it, being mostly healthy, and playing against several backups of a losing team, it will be devastating. I'm not predicting a win. I expect a win, but I'm not predicting it. This team has got to be great on both sides of the ball to win. And that includes coaching as well. The latter of those scares me the most.

What is the difference between predicting and expecting a win?

A loss would be devastating even if Chicago was the team coming off a bye week.

If we lose against the Bears tomorrow I might need to take a break from Jaguars football.

This is a game this team absolutely should win.

Quote:If we lose against the Bears tomorrow I might need to take a break from Jaguars football.

This is a game this team absolutely should win.

No you don't. Every time we lose a "should win" game you come back here, even if the loss was a blowout.

Quote:No you don't. Every time we lose a "should win" game you come back here, even if the loss was a blowout.

That's too bad. I'm sure I'll come back here but it won't be a priority on Sundays to watch the game. A coaching change would renew my energy though.

Man just saw that Quentin Groves our former 2nd round pick passed away today. 

Quote:Man just saw that Quentin Groves our former 2nd round pick passed away today. 

This statement makes no sense.

Quote:Man just saw that Quentin Groves our former 2nd round pick passed away today.

Dang and he was only 32. Thoughts and prayers to Quentin's family and loved ones.

Quote:Dang and he was only 32. Thoughts and prayers to Quentin's family and loved ones.

And his friends. I am surprised this topic does not have its own thread with a link.

Quote:And his friends. I am surprised this topic does not have its own thread with a link.

I include them with loved ones but yes his friends as well.

I feel real confident about this week.

With the extra week of preparation we should see good things tomorrow.

Quote:I include them with loved ones but yes his friends as well.

I feel real confident about this week.

With the extra week of preparation we should see good things tomorrow.

We definitely should see good things tomorrow. I would say that even without the week off because Chicago is so bad and banged up, but coming off a bye obviously helps.

Quote:Ignore her dude.

I know... it's just so frustrating lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:No you don't. Every time we lose a "should win" game you come back here, even if the loss was a blowout.

Damn. Roasted you bro.

If jags were home, we'd win despite terrible coaching. The bears can literally line up their practice squad and blow us out by double digits at their house.

Quote:If Jags were home, we'd win despite terrible coaching. The Bears can literally line up their practice squad and blow us out by double digits at their house.

You don't know what you are talking about.