Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Da Bears Week

I see no one else started an official bears week thread. Asterisks be damned.

Positive outlook: The Jags showed some heart and promise in their victory against the Colts. With a bye week to rest up and heal, they face an underwhelming squad from Chicago. Bortles and the offense continue to gel, assisted by a more effective run game and a young hungry defense. Jags 24, Chicago 17

Negative outlook: The Jags are coached by Gus Bradley who have a habit of being outcoached by most teams, even those who are vying for a top five draft pick. The Jags once again play down to their opponent and commit stupid mistakes, with the coaches implementing a horrible game plan of bubble screens, one yard runs up the middle, and a vanilla defense that sits Myles jack, because reasons. Gus applauds the effort however. Bears 30, Jags 17.

My heart desperately wants the positive, but my mind says shut up, it will be the negative.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2016, 12:41 PM by Predator_NFLFans.)

To save the pain in your heart, expect the negative. Talent wise, we should run circles around them. Fricking Prosinski is starting for them.

But it's Gus vs Fox. Scares me. And it's in Chicago. Have we ever won in Chicago?
No commercial messages in sigs

Has to be a win, simple as that.

Bears are terrible.

I like the way you crafted this, Samus Wink. No comments on the outcome, however. I've seen enough Casey ball to know one thing for sure, you just don't know.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote: Have we ever won in Chicago?

24-23

Quote:1998

24-23

Time to break an 18 year drought?
No commercial messages in sigs

We should beat them quite easily. The key word being should.

Chicago is in a rough spot right now. Their IR list is long, but still distinguished, they are allowing four yards per rush attempt, their Defense has only collected three INTs, and they've given up twice as many points as they've scored. That being said, they have also outgained their opposition in terms of total yards, they've only allowed six TD passes so far this season, and they are a top six ranked team both in terms of Yards Per Rush and Yards Per Pass.

At face value, it would seem that if there was ever a game to stick to the "establish the run" approach, this is it. As odd as you may think it is, their Offense has gotten better and better both in terms of points scored and yards gained. While their Defense doesn't necessarily scare me, I don't want to see the JAX Offense scrambling to try and keep up with the scoreboard.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

If we lose to the Bears.............

John Fox vs Dopey Gus hmmmmm that's a tough one. Hoyer lit us up twice last year, so why will this week be any different? Trevathan and Freeman will swallow up any shotgun draw that we try to run, so forget trying to establish the run. Olson will try to anyway, and put Blake in countless obvious passing situations. Alshon Jeffrey is gonna eat House for breakfast. This one won't even be close.

41-13 Bears.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:John Fox vs Dopey Gus hmmmmm that's a tough one. Hoyer lit us up twice last year, so why will this week be any different? Trevathan and Freeman will swallow up any shotgun draw that we try to run, so forget trying to establish the run. Olson will try to anyway, and put Blake in countless obvious passing situations. Alshon Jeffrey is gonna eat House for breakfast. This one won't even be close.

41-13 Bears.

Jeffery v. House or Ramsey?

we are bad, but bears are bad bad

Hoyer is gonna look like tom Brady

Yes, we have room in the pool for 1 more ...

[Image: 219125619b1e52e3c115864af6656e40.jpg]

She's got a big head

We gonna see bald Cutler or bald Hoyer this week?

Quote:She's got a big head

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

They aren't balding, they're just growing more face.

-signed the bald community

Quote:Yes, we have room in the pool for 1 more ...

[Image: 219125619b1e52e3c115864af6656e40.jpg]

No matter how cute the face or "sweet" the jersey is (get it?), I've been to Chicago, and it takes forever to get rid of that smell.

I think the Bears beat us by a point.

As of now it's Chicago -2 with an O/U of 47

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."