Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anybody still think Minshew will back up NF7?

(09-03-2019, 06:37 PM)D-Money Wrote: I'm ok With Minshew, He is a winner, I think he will get better over the year.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We have close to the worst depth in the league on offense. So you cant expect a rookie QB to be good when you have 1.2 seconds to operate.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

I had no problems with Minshew. He showed improvement every game. He is tough. He didn't turn the ball over. Hopefully we don't have to see him on the field this year, and he has time to develop. I'd prefer he was on the PS and we had a veteran QB on the roster, though.

Minshew has obvious value. I’m afraid if we put him on the PS another team will grab him.

(09-04-2019, 10:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Minshew has obvious value. I’m afraid if we put him on the PS another team will grab him.

He would pass right through waivers. Nobody wants him.

(09-04-2019, 01:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 10:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Minshew has obvious value. I’m afraid if we put him on the PS another team will grab him.

Why?  Because you don't like him?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2019, 03:42 PM by SeldomRite.)

It reminds me of the old days with Quinn Gray. Some people around here acted like he was Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings. Shockingly once he was cut here he went on to do essentially nothing.

(09-04-2019, 02:04 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 01:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He would pass right through waivers. Nobody wants him.

It reminds me of the old days with Quinn Gray. Some people around here after like he was Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings. Shockingly once he was cut here he went in to do essentially nothing.

Rolleyes

(09-04-2019, 01:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He would pass right through waivers. Nobody wants him.

It reminds me of the old days with Quinn Gray. Some people around here after like he was Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings. Shockingly once he was cut here he went in to do essentially nothing.

Say what? I don't even know where to start with these overly exaggerated statements.  I'll just let you remember what you want.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

For about a decade in time, Jacksonville was the last stop for a lot of NFL players.

Quinn Gray didn't fail because of poor play. He overate himself out of the league. And no, nobody thought he was an Aaron Rodgers level QB, but he was an excellent backup. We should be so lucky with Minshew.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I am sorry the Jags didn't draft your boy Rudolph. Minshew is more than adequate as a back up.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-29-2019, 11:17 PM)NH3 Wrote: In my opinion McGough is above and beyond the talent of Minshew to say the least. I feel that McGough should be our backup and Minshew should be on the practice squad.

No TDs in four Pre-Season games. Not One.

NH3...

I said this exact same thing on the radio and they called me crazy.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(09-04-2019, 05:34 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 11:17 PM)NH3 Wrote: In my opinion McGough is above and beyond the talent of Minshew to say the least. I feel that McGough should be our backup and Minshew should be on the practice squad.

NH3...

They are correct.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

NH3...

[Image: tenor.gif]

(08-30-2019, 05:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 4 games playing with practice squad talent around him. Lol, another panic attack.

It's as if some folks think Foles gets 100% of the snaps in practice, leaving only preseason action to evaluate his potential backups.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2019, 06:40 AM by NH3.)

NH3...

Does this mean that I'm Cra-Cra too? 

NH3...
"AZANE"

The sad thing about this is that the Texans claimed McGough and our playbook.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-04-2019, 10:38 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 05:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 4 games playing with practice squad talent around him. Lol, another panic attack.

It's as if some folks think Foles gets 100% of the snaps in practice, leaving only preseason action to evaluate his potential backups.

Even accepting at face value Minshew gets 25% of snaps, that plus his action in four preseason games isn't enough to be adequately prepared to succeed should he be forced into action in the regular season.  Under ideal circumstances, Minshew would be a third stringer this year.

This isn't to say he could not develop into a viable backup in the future, but it's doubtful he has the experience or physical tools to win us very many games.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-04-2019, 03:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 02:04 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: It reminds me of the old days with Quinn Gray. Some people around here after like he was Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings. Shockingly once he was cut here he went in to do essentially nothing.

For about a decade in time, Jacksonville was the last stop for a lot of NFL players.
So was Green Bay.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!