Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jags owner willing to make Ramsey highest-paid CB

It obvious Khan wants to keep Ramsey and is willing to pay him too. Maybe a compromise could be that Coughlin is able to stay on for the season and then retires at the end of the season. Coughlin's methods are outdated. For the sake of the organization, its time to move on from him.
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2019, 08:54 PM)Pick 6 Wrote: It obvious Khan wants to keep Ramsey and is willing to pay him too. Maybe a compromise could be that Coughlin is able to stay on for the season and then retires at the end of the season. Coughlin's methods are outdated. For the sake of the organization, its time to move on from him.

This is so cliche.  It would be great for folks to have original thoughts.  Class, loyalty, respect, and discipline are not outdated. People talk this way because they'd rather cave to the whinings of egotistical, thin skinned man-babies.  

So what if Coughlin chewed out the precious little thing (which is the likely scenario)?  He needs to listen, comply, and grow up.  The boss, the old man doesn't owe the employee, the young man "respect" (interpreted, not saying mean or hard things).  It's owed the other way around.  It would be great to have the player's talent on the team.  But this would still be a good team without him or those who want to behave like him.

Make the trade or play contractual hard ball.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 09:32 PM by Pick 6.)

(09-20-2019, 09:05 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 08:54 PM)Pick 6 Wrote: It obvious Khan wants to keep Ramsey and is willing to pay him too. Maybe a compromise could be that Coughlin is able to stay on for the season and then retires at the end of the season. Coughlin's methods are outdated. For the sake of the organization, its time to move on from him.

This is so cliche.  It would be great for folks to have original thoughts.  Class, loyalty, respect, and discipline are not outdated. People talk this way because they'd rather cave to the whinings of egotistical, thin skinned man-babies.  

So what if Coughlin chewed out the precious little thing (which is the likely scenario)?  He needs to listen, comply, and grow up.  The boss, the old man doesn't owe the employee, the young man "respect" (interpreted, not saying mean or hard things).  It's owed the other way around.  It would be great to have the player's talent on the team.  But this would still be a good team without him or those who want to behave like him.

Maybe the old man needs to adjust to the times. Last year he publicly berated Fournette, now he disrespected Ramsey. This ain't the army or prison, he needs to adapt too. Can't walk around with a stick up your [BLEEP] all the time. It can't be his way or the highway, especially when he hasn't delivered results.
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

(09-20-2019, 09:30 PM)Pick 6 Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 09:05 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: This is so cliche.  It would be great for folks to have original thoughts.  Class, loyalty, respect, and discipline are not outdated. People talk this way because they'd rather cave to the whinings of egotistical, thin skinned man-babies.  

Maybe the old man needs to adjust to the times. Last year he publicly berated Fournette, now he disrespected Ramsey. This ain't the army or prison, he needs to adapt too. Can't walk around with a stick up your [BLEEP] all the time. It can't be his way or the highway, especially when he hasn't delivered results.

His 40 year career and his Super Bowl rings disagree with you.
Fix the O-Line!

(09-20-2019, 09:54 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 09:30 PM)Pick 6 Wrote: Maybe the old man needs to adjust to the times. Last year he publicly berated Fournette, now he disrespected Ramsey. This ain't the army or prison, he needs to adapt too. Can't walk around with a stick up your [BLEEP] all the time. It can't be his way or the highway, especially when he hasn't delivered results.

His 40 year career and his Super Bowl rings disagree with you.

Doesn’t matter what you did in the past, in all industries the old guard are pushed out for younger people with current ideas. Tom came in and gave us familiarity and stability. It’s time for the team to be directed by someone who can see further than 1 year.

The 3 times this team has been to the afc championship game, Tom was involved. Just saying.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-21-2019, 12:20 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The 3 times this team has been to the afc championship game, Tom was involved. Just saying.

Some times I feel like the people on here constantly talking negatively about him are too young to remember how much Tom has done for us. Not only that but I think his mindset still works, it's mostly the younger players who will have issues with it though.

(09-21-2019, 12:41 AM)d4rkman Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 12:20 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The 3 times this team has been to the afc championship game, Tom was involved.  Just saying.

Some times I feel like the people on here constantly talking negatively about him are too young to remember how much Tom has done for us. Not only that but I think his mindset still works, it's mostly the younger players who will have issues with it though.

Dude, I'm 48 years old and I remember the good times. I also remember how he screwed our salary cap up at the end and we went on the decline. The good times are not forgotten, but things are done differently in the NFL now and Coughlin still thinks he can do the same things he did 20 years ago. The game has changed, players have changed and the salary cap has changed. It's time to move on.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 01:25 AM by Bullseye.)

(09-20-2019, 12:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 10:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Interesting that Khan, who has avoided interfering in football issues, has chimed in on this matter indicating he wants Ramsey to stay.  Interesting that Marrone, the coach who got into it with Ramsey on Sunday, doesn't want to trade him. 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/9/20/...m-coughlin

Interesting still that Ramsey's teammates are on record as hoping Ramsey stays.  Even more conspicuous are the reports that indicate most teams made an inquiry as to Ramsey's availability, and as many as six different teams are making serious inquiries about him, even after the reports of the team wanting at least two first round picks for him.

The only people who don't know Ramsey's value as a player are fans here on the message board seemingly looking for reasons to have an axe to grind.

I don't think I've read anyone say they don't value Ramsey as a player. He's elite. The question for the franchise is if they want to deal with his drama queen personality. Andre Rison had a similar personality back in the day, wanted to free lance on the field, etc. Letting him go allowed the team's offensive chemistry to gel.

You know who didn't care about Andre Rison's "drama queen personality?"

Mike Holmgrem the head coach of the eventual Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers, who signed Rison almost immediately after the Jaguars cut him.

Rison caught a TD pass in the Super Bowl that year-XXXI

You know who doesn't care about Ramsey's so called "drama queen personality?"

If we are to take the words and actions of the principals at face value, Jaguars' owner Shad Khan, Jaguars coach Doug Marrone, Ramsey's teammates (including Calais Campbell) ,and the coaches and front offices of the six or so teams reported to have serious interest in trading for Ramsey even after the team said they wanted two first round picks, and after all of the reports of whatever minor off field stuff that cause you to ascribe a "drama queen personality" to Ramsey.

The only people who care about Ramsey's so called drama queen personality are posting on message boards.

Ultimately, your explanation doesn't change the dynamic.  Those harping on the drama queen stuff don't understand Ramsey's value as a player.  You just identified the thing that obscures the understanding of Ramsey's value.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 01:04 AM by Bullseye.)

(09-20-2019, 07:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 05:59 PM)Jags Wrote: As others have said, in doing that you set a bad precedent.  But you could do the ole wink wink nudge nudge thing.  It’s a bad situation all around.  Needs to be handled just right.  I’m hoping Khan can figure all that out.

I don't care about a bad precedent. NFL teams set bad precedents every day. If it benefits us in the long run and eventually leads to a Superbowl, who cares?

Exactly.

(09-20-2019, 07:18 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Perhaps nobody offered enough compensation.  I guess we will see

But, but if the drama queen stuff outweighs all other considerations, the amount of compensation offered shouldn't be an issue if he is THAT toxic.

Some people on this board make like Ramsey is such a bad guy. Is he immature, yes, but some other NFL teams really do have honest to god bad guys who beat/rape women and abuse children and animals. As far as we know, Ramsey is none of those things, so let's not make out like he's some monster, because he doesn't like Coughlin. Geez! There is a HUGE difference.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 01:23 AM by Bullseye.)

(09-21-2019, 01:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Some people on this board make like Ramsey is such a bad guy. Is he immature, yes, but some other NFL teams really do have honest to god bad guys who beat/rape women and abuse children and animals. As far as we know, Ramsey is none of those things, so let's not make out like he's some monster, because he doesn't like Coughlin. Geez! There is a HUGE difference.

Precisely.

If the reports of the teams rumored to be interested are true, look at who the coaches are:

Oakland-Gruden-Super Bowl winning coach who had experience with so called divas like Keyshawn Johnson, Charles Woodson (though there is scant evidence to support the charge he was a "diva") and most recently, AB;

Reid-KC-Super Bowl coach who had experience with so called divas like T.O. and McNabb, and current off field nightmare Tyreek Hill;

Harbaugh-Baltimore-Super Bowl winning coach;

Pederson-Philadelphia-Super Bowl winning coach.

Zimmer-Minnesota-Came up in Dallas, an organization that has won Super Bowls and had a lot of strong personalities and several off field issues.  Coached under Bill Parcells, who had off field issue guys like Keyshawn Johnson and LT.

(09-20-2019, 07:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I wish this would just end already.. Either pay him or trade him, just get it done..

Howsabout neither one? Ramsey's shown that he's not the type to quit on his team. Keep playing him through the end of the year and then make a decision after the season on whether to pay or trade him.

I think we will pay Ramsey and we will keep Coughlin. He needs that to balance out. As he gets more mature, Ramsey will probably start to appreciate and come to respect Coughlins methods. They just need more time to mesh.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-21-2019, 04:24 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I think we will pay Ramsey and we will keep Coughlin. He needs that to balance out. As he gets more mature, Ramsey will probably start to appreciate and come to respect Coughlins methods. They just need more time to mesh.

3 years isn't enough time to mesh?

Respect is given, when respect is earned.

Don't expect somebody to show you respect, when you don't show them the same respect. It goes both ways.

I'd be willing to bet that Coughlin shows very little respect to anybody, but he probably expects everybody to respect him. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

He was stubborn, hated and stuck in his own ways 20 years ago when the game was completely different. Old people don't change as they get older, they only get worse and more stuck in their old ways.

The game has passed him by, just like the generations have. The best thing he could do for this franchise is step away and leave before he completely destroys it for a 2nd time.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 06:21 AM by The Real Marty.)

Just reading the tea leaves...

Apparently Ramsey's only got a problem with one guy- TC.  
Shad Khan has now stated that he's willing to make him the highest paid CB as soon as possible.  
We won a game and things don't look as negative as they did a week ago.

I think this shifts the odds from 60-40 in favor of a trade, to 60-40 no trade.  

It all started during the Texans game when Ramsey acted like a child, and everyone got mad at each other.  But inevitably tempers cool, and people start thinking logically.   I think Shad Khan wants to pump the brakes and try to work things out.  He's the ultimate authority and nothing happens without his approval.

- Fire Tom Coughlin
- Give big money to Ramsey
- Give big money to Yannick
- Sign Corey Grant
- Trade Fournette

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 07:16 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

TC is one of the greatest football minds alive. With religiously ritualistic routine. Yeah, we may have the option to go hybrid, but it's nothing like good ole diesel.

Jalen still needs to check himself. That's if he wit us or any team. Dude need to check himself, cause anytime a person excludes the possibility of personal fault or self improvement, there can be no room for growth.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(09-21-2019, 06:52 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: - Fire Tom Coughlin
- Give big money to Ramsey
- Give big money to Yannick
- Sign Corey Grant
- Trade Fournette

No.
Maybe.
Maybe.
No.
No.
Fix the O-Line!

(09-21-2019, 12:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 12:41 AM)d4rkman Wrote: Some times I feel like the people on here constantly talking negatively about him are too young to remember how much Tom has done for us. Not only that but I think his mindset still works, it's mostly the younger players who will have issues with it though.

Dude, I'm 48 years old and I remember the good times. I also remember how he screwed our salary cap up at the end and we went on the decline. The good times are not forgotten, but things are done differently in the NFL now and Coughlin still thinks he can do the same things he did 20 years ago. The game has changed, players have changed and the salary cap has changed. It's time to move on.

Exactly. Change happens, embrace it as doing otherwise makes a miserable life.