Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jags owner willing to make Ramsey highest-paid CB

Jags owner willing to make Ramsey highest-paid CB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...estpaid-cb

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports Jaguars owner Shad Khan would be comfortable making Jalen Ramsey the highest-paid cornerback to entice the star defender to stay in Jacksonville.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Do It!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

The only way I do it is with incentives and disincentives. If he talks or acts the fool, it costs him an amount of money he cares about. If he doesn't let average receivers smoke him on three plays for first downs, he gets a bonus.

At this point, please get the trade done. So tired of his self-centered drama.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Everyone's feeling great after a good win at home. What happens when we lose a couple games in a row again and Marrone/Wash appear to be culpable? Jalen wants paid, but he also wants to be on a winning and contending team. As much as I want his skills out there on the field, I truly believe that it's the teams best interest to get some value for him. I don't think the coaching staff will ever have his respect.

Never really know.. Maybe Ramsey's antics were exactly what this team needed at that time.. Maybe it forced them to come together as a team. Maybe it woke some people up who were asleep at the wheel.. Maybe..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I just have to laugh at all of us. Even myself. One game, it’s fire Marrone and wash. Next it’s good riddance Ramsey. Then it’s get rid of Coughlin and Ramsey, then it’s, maybe we all can coexist.

I was super “pro trade the baby”. Idk. Would love to keep him on the team. But also concerned about his attitude either way.

I’ll just sit back and let the chips fall as they may and keep rooting for them on Sundays.

But is Khan willing to get rid of Coughlin. Ramsey knows he is going to get paid, don't think that is the issue here. Don't think he wants to be around Coughlin, that seems to be the sticking point.

Pay Jalen
Still fire TC

(09-20-2019, 09:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Never really know.. Maybe Ramsey's antics were exactly what this team needed at that time.. Maybe it forced them to come together as a team. Maybe it woke some people up who were asleep at the wheel.. Maybe..

I thought about that as well.  If so, then I hope it changed him a little.  His post game talk seemed more professional.  Almost like e had in his mind “Oh, wait, we are good, do I really want to leave”.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 10:07 AM by Bullseye.)

Interesting that Khan, who has avoided interfering in football issues, has chimed in on this matter indicating he wants Ramsey to stay.  Interesting that Marrone, the coach who got into it with Ramsey on Sunday, doesn't want to trade him. 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/9/20/...m-coughlin

Interesting still that Ramsey's teammates are on record as hoping Ramsey stays.  Even more conspicuous are the reports that indicate most teams made an inquiry as to Ramsey's availability, and as many as six different teams are making serious inquiries about him, even after the reports of the team wanting at least two first round picks for him.

The only people who don't know Ramsey's value as a player are fans here on the message board seemingly looking for reasons to have an axe to grind.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Pay the man, load it with incentives that says for every F-bomb or outburst on the sideline will be a $1,000,000 fine

That defense came out looking more alive than it has since 2017. I'd bet at least part of that is because they were rallying around Ramsey. Like it or not, he's just proven that he's not just the best corner in the NFL, but also a leader of this team that other players will ride the energy of.

I think at this point you sit tight on Ramsey, Marrone, Caldwell and Coughlin. Maybe dump Marrone if the team falls out of playoff contention and they're sure he's not the guy. Once the season ends, do a thorough review of Coughlin and Caldwell, and decisions on each come directly from Khan. The light bulb appears to be coming on for Taven Bryan, Quincy Williams looks spectacular out there, and Minshew is playing better than any Jags QB since Brunell right now. Do those things save him? Does the locker room's apparent distaste for Coughlin get him asked to retire? Lots of questions, and after seeing some encouraging signs last night, it doesn't seem like week three is the time to try and answer them.

If you fire Coughlin and give Ramsey a big contract, are we gonna see that kind of behavior again out of Ramsey when he isn't happy? Or any other player for that matter?

If we don't give Ramsey a big contract and trade him away, whats the chances more of the defense want to do the same at the end of the season or sooner?

Can Coughlin and Ramsey co-exist after this whole fiscal?

It just seems like regardless of what we do, its a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.
In Dougie I Trust!

The bottom line is, the Jaguars don't have to do anything. The cards are all in their hand. Ramsey is not in control of this.

But I would say, if Shad Khan really wants to keep Ramsey and work this out, then he needs to communicate that very clearly to the front office before they go ahead and pull the trigger on a trade.

Lol SMART play!

This is a ploy to make the other teams think we are willing to cut the big check so they get a bit more desperate to throw a butt load of picks our way. Smart!

It’s very possible that a big payday and more wins smooth out Jalen’s whining.

I just don’t know if it’s the right cap move right now and Coughlin will continue to be Coughlin. That won’t change unless Ramsey pays him a new degree of respect via some sort of olive branch. I don’t think Ramsey possesses the humility or even ability to fathom that possibility.

Weird situation, but if he keeps playing well, I’d like him to stay unless we get that blockbuster return in a trade.

Supposedly the Dolphins have shown interest. If there's one team to make that deal with, it's them.

Please don't be too late to pay Ramsey and fire the 3 headed snake.

Pay him and Fire Coughlin pretty simple.
No Fun

I said all week the best case scenario for the Jags is win TNF and then get rid of Coughlin (if rumors were to be believed that HE was the only real issue) and keep and pay Jalen.

He's too good of a talent.

We'll see what happens.......