Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Taven Bryan taking the next step?

(10-31-2019, 10:05 AM)rocdee Wrote: cut Campbell and insert a Taven Bryan that has taken another step next year

I honestly dont think you even watch the Jags play.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm there every home game and watch every away game on TV.

Cut Big Calais at season's end. Let's get younger!

(10-31-2019, 10:16 AM)rocdee Wrote: I'm there every home game and watch every away game on TV.

Your silliness gets sillier e'rday

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 10:21 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-31-2019, 10:16 AM)rocdee Wrote: I'm there every home game and watch every away game on TV.

Who cares what his age is if hes still playing at a high level.  You need those vets on your team mixed with the young talent.  On top of that he is our best player.  Stupid to cut a great player just to get younger. You dont want a team full of just young players if you want to make a run at a title or playoffs

(10-31-2019, 10:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Who cares what his age is if hes still playing at a high level.  You need those vets on your team mixed with the young talent.  On top of that he is our best player.  Stupid to cut a great player just to get younger.

He'll be 34. Okay, trade him for more picks, how about that?

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 10:28 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-31-2019, 10:22 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who cares what his age is if hes still playing at a high level.  You need those vets on your team mixed with the young talent.  On top of that he is our best player.  Stupid to cut a great player just to get younger.

He'll be 34. Okay, trade him for more picks, how about that?

Have you noticed you're the only one saying this stupid [BLEEP]? Cut our best player just to get younger regardless of his play. Stupid,  I cant believe the Pats or Saints hasnt cut Brees or Brady to get younger arent you?  The dumbest thing anyone has said on this board in a while.

(10-31-2019, 10:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:22 AM)rocdee Wrote: He'll be 34. Okay, trade him for more picks, how about that?

Have you noticed you're the only one saying this stupid [BLEEP]? Cut our best player just to get younger regardless of his play. Stupid,  I cant believe the Pats or Saints hasnt cut Brees or Brady to get younger arent you?  The dumbest thing anyone has said on this board in a while.

And we keep feeding the troll lol

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 10:34 AM by rocdee.)

(10-31-2019, 10:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:22 AM)rocdee Wrote: He'll be 34. Okay, trade him for more picks, how about that?

First of all, lol at comparing CC to those two super-duper star QBs. That is an ignorant comparison. Quarterbacks make the NFL go 'round. Calais is good, but lets not pretend like a DT/DE who is 34 is making some big difference.

Trade/Cut CC.
Get younger.
Save on that cap.
???
Profit

Think about it

Part of our problem as a fanbase is wanting to hold onto players too long. Get what you can get for them before it's too late to get anything for them. This is a young man's league.

(10-31-2019, 10:32 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Have you noticed you're the only one saying this stupid [BLEEP]? Cut our best player just to get younger regardless of his play. Stupid,  I cant believe the Pats or Saints hasnt cut Brees or Brady to get younger arent you?  The dumbest thing anyone has said on this board in a while.

First of all, lol at comparing CC to those two super-duper star QBs. That is an ignorant comparison. Quarterbacks make the NFL go 'round. Calais is good, but lets not pretend like a DT/DE who is 34 is making some big difference.

Trade/Cut CC.
Get younger.
Save on that cap.
???
Profit

Think about it

Part of our problem as a fanbase is wanting to hold onto players too long. Get what you can get for them before it's too late to get anything for them. This is a young man's league.
But their old.  That's all your arguement is, is that hes old.  If his play was declining then it would make sense but it isnt.  You dont want all young guys on your team if you plan on making a run for a title.  With your thought process the Ravens would of cut Ed Reed and Ray Lewis in their last years and they would if never won their last title

(10-31-2019, 10:32 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Have you noticed you're the only one saying this stupid [BLEEP]? Cut our best player just to get younger regardless of his play. Stupid,  I cant believe the Pats or Saints hasnt cut Brees or Brady to get younger arent you?  The dumbest thing anyone has said on this board in a while.

Trade/Cut CC.
Get younger.
Save on that cap.
???
Profit

Think about it

A few things to unpack here: 
  • Calais is absolutely making a big difference. 
  • Father Time will absolutely catch him -  and more sooner than later
  • There's absolutely ZERO need to release him until that happens
  • Could be this offseason, could be after he completes the final year of his contract
  • Yes it's a young man's league, and the remainder of our D-Line is very young. Youth is already served
  • Wanting to keep a guy on pace for 9 sacks and 42 pressures isn't "keeping a guy too long" 

(10-31-2019, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:32 AM)rocdee Wrote: First of all, lol at comparing CC to those two super-duper star QBs. That is an ignorant comparison. Quarterbacks make the NFL go 'round. Calais is good, but lets not pretend like a DT/DE who is 34 is making some big difference.

Trade/Cut CC.
Get younger.
Save on that cap.
???
Profit

Think about it

A few things to unpack here: 
  • Could be this offseason, could be after he completes the final year of his contract
  • Yes it's a young man's league, and the remainder of our D-Line is very young. Youth is already served
  • Wanting to keep a guy on pace for 9 sacks and 42 pressures isn't "keeping a guy too long" 

Salient counter points, my friend. Let me just say this. Our DL won't be so young next year. Yan will be year 5. Smoot will be 4. Taven will be 3. Abry will be 6 (I think). They will be veterans. Right smack dab in their prime. We will survive without CC.

Couple that with the assumption that Minshew turns out to be the franchise guy, then we are golden. A great QB is really what you need in this League.

(10-31-2019, 10:54 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: A few things to unpack here: 

Salient counter points, my friend. Let me just say this. Our DL won't be so young next year. Yan will be year 5. Smoot will be 4. Taven will be 3. Abry will be 6 (I think). They will be veterans. Right smack dab in their prime. We will survive without CC.

Couple that with the assumption that Minshew turns out to be the franchise guy, then we are golden. A great QB is really what you need in this League.

Nah.  

You draft another YOUNG  DT/NT next year to take the interior snaps we'll lose from Dareus - and let Campbell mentor him and continue mentoring the YOUNG  Josh Allen.  

Unless Campbell gets hurt or his performance dips (which is very possible)  -- he's worth his 2020 salary to keep.

(10-31-2019, 10:54 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: A few things to unpack here: 

You wanted to cut him at the end of last year and he is one of the best DEs in the league this year.  Would of been a horrible mistake and something you would of been wrong on again

I'm fine with being wrong. That doesn't deter me from making my opinion known.

(10-31-2019, 11:49 AM)rocdee Wrote: I'm fine with being wrong. That doesn't deter me from making my opinion known.

I'm confused, so we shouldnt of cut him at the end of last year even though hes old?

I'm just saying that I don't care if I'm proven wrong or not. I take the L and move on. My opinion is that they should cut or trade him at season's end.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 12:12 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Wow, cutting a guy just to cut him is dumb. DE commonly go into the later 30's still good, look at Willie Mcginest. Guy was tearing us up in his late 30s when he was on the Browns. Same with the Colts DE that played forever. Also Robert Mathis on the Colts was good forever, and Freeney as well. All those guys played high level at 35 or beyond. And some were not as good as campbell is.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-30-2019, 11:28 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 07:37 PM)rufftime Wrote: Honestly it sounds like you are one of those people that refuse to admit they are wrong.  Even about the most trivial things.  

He has to start: He is starting
He has to earn it, Dareus got hurt: What about Minshew?
He isn’t playing as well as Minshew: OK, on track for next year!
Nope, they will just hand it to him: ...

Already preparing to hate on him.  Just sad man.
I don't hate him or have any bias. He is a 1st round pick halfway through his 2nd season. He wasn't starting until an injury happened, so he was getting limited snaps and not doing much. Those games were against better teams. In 2 starts against terrible teams, he has played well.

He is a 1st round pick, it is expected that he should play well against bad teams. He is moving out of bust territory, but he needs to continue his good play. You don't draft rotational depth in the 1st round, you have to have starters to be successful.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

What was his draft position?  A first round pick drafted at #29 is not a top 10 draft pick.  He is pretty much a second round pick (though not technically).  How many first round picks drafted after say #20 become immediate starters?

Which round a player is drafted in doesn't define potential and/or expectations.  A player that is drafted AND makes the final 53 should be expected to contribute... nothing more.  Contributing might mean anything from being a rotational player or a special teams player.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I say we keep Calais atleast one more year I think he will good enough even if he declines a bit he still commands a double teams.
No Fun