Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could Tony Khan replace Tom Coughlin?

(10-21-2019, 02:13 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 02:08 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Did you read about the Interview with Ramsey on what went down?  Thats one side of the story but its all we have at this point.  Good point in that article was that Coughlin talks tough one minute and then now is hiding under a rock with the details.

Oh and Jalen admitted he faked the injury to force us to let him go.

Yes, I read the rest.  I don’t think Tom is hiding like folks are saying on the board. Why should he give a post mortem on the situation?  It just lowers him to Ramsey’s level. The kid has proven himself a liar and a cheat. Why should we believe his self serving spin on what happened?

I agree that it would not be productive for TC to give a post mortem.  If he gave his straight opinion, which I assume he would, he would just get up there and slam Ramsey, and there's no good that can come out of that now.  The next thing you know, Ramsey would be in the media disputing TC's account of what happened, and then they'd have to go back and forth in the media, and that would be a mess.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-21-2019, 02:05 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 12:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Good read for the Anti-Coughlin 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/colu...QKBK59g7w/

As soon as he wrote that Ramsey’s injury was legit, you knew a crap opinion piece was to follow.  That was worthy of reddit or a message board, not of anything under the SI banner.

It was a steaming pile of .

Pretty much.  Especially when the author of the poor OP-ED cited a blogger from BCC.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 02:22 PM by The Real Marty.)

Speaking of whether or not Tony Khan could replace TC, has anyone ever seen a job description of Exec VP of Football Ops?  (The Jaguars version of the job, of course.)

I don't care what you THINK it is, I'd like to see some sort of official or published version of a job description, if there is one.

(10-21-2019, 02:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Speaking of whether or not Tony Khan could replace TC, has anyone ever seen a job description of Exec VP of Football Ops?  (The Jaguars version of the job, of course.)
He just walks around the building and does whatever he wants. At least, that's what it seems.

Tony Khan ran Fulham into the ground. Giving him any say whatsoever in running this organization would be a negative. If he is really given some kind of control, or God forbid the EVP role, it should be strictly as eyes and ears so that he can report to Shad what is going on. I'm sure Shad is far too busy to keep an eye on things at all times and Tony could fill that role. But the minute he starts making player personnel moves or influencing coaching decisions, we'd be less off for it most likely.

(10-21-2019, 02:21 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Tony Khan ran Fulham into the ground.  Giving him any say whatsoever in running this organization would be a negative.  If he is really given some kind of control, or God forbid the EVP role, it should be strictly as eyes and ears so that he can report to Shad what is going on.  I'm sure Shad is far too busy to keep an eye on things at all times and Tony could fill that role. But the minute he starts making player personnel moves or influencing coaching decisions, we'd be less off for it most likely.

As I've said many times before in this thread, my idea of EVP would be that he has to stay out of personnel and coaching.  It seems like there's too many cooks right now.  Heck, we don't even know who's responsible for making our draft picks.  Who decided to draft Leonard Fournette?  TC?  Caldwell?  How about Minshew?  Who decided that one?  Who is responsible?  Too many cooks in the kitchen.  They should either drastically scale back that role, or eliminate it entirely.  We don't need two General Managers, which is basically what we have right now.

(10-21-2019, 02:13 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 02:08 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Did you read about the Interview with Ramsey on what went down?  Thats one side of the story but its all we have at this point.  Good point in that article was that Coughlin talks tough one minute and then now is hiding under a rock with the details.

Oh and Jalen admitted he faked the injury to force us to let him go.

Yes, I read the rest.  I don’t think Tom is hiding like folks are saying on the board. Why should he give a post mortem on the situation?  It just lowers him to Ramsey’s level. The kid has proven himself a liar and a cheat. Why should we believe his self serving spin on what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right now it would be after the fact.  The entire fanbase has been waiting on him to speak since the day of the incident.  Thats hiding under a rock no matter how much people blame Ramsey for what happened afterwards.  If you say something to an individual and then it blows up and everyone is asking to hear from the man who caused it, you speak up.  Ramsey said he said things behind closed doors that he wouldnt say anywhere else.  Doesnt seem like a lie to me since i havent heard a peep from him.  Thats weak sauce and makes him just as untrustworthy as the player.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(10-21-2019, 02:28 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 02:13 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Yes, I read the rest.  I don’t think Tom is hiding like folks are saying on the board. Why should he give a post mortem on the situation?  It just lowers him to Ramsey’s level. The kid has proven himself a liar and a cheat. Why should we believe his self serving spin on what happened?

Right now it would be after the fact.  The entire fanbase has been waiting on him to speak since the day of the incident.  Thats hiding under a rock no matter how much people blame Ramsey for what happened afterwards.  If you say something to an individual and then it blows up and everyone is asking to hear from the man who caused it, you speak up.  Ramsey said he said things behind closed doors that he wouldnt say anywhere else.  Doesnt seem like a lie to me since i havent heard a peep from him.  Thats weak sauce and makes him just as untrustworthy as the player.

But if TC comes out and gives his version, then Ramsey will have to come out and refute it, and it'll go back and forth, and there's nothing to be gained from that.

(10-21-2019, 02:30 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 02:28 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Right now it would be after the fact.  The entire fanbase has been waiting on him to speak since the day of the incident.  Thats hiding under a rock no matter how much people blame Ramsey for what happened afterwards.  If you say something to an individual and then it blows up and everyone is asking to hear from the man who caused it, you speak up.  Ramsey said he said things behind closed doors that he wouldnt say anywhere else.  Doesnt seem like a lie to me since i havent heard a peep from him.  Thats weak sauce and makes him just as untrustworthy as the player.

But if TC comes out and gives his version, then Ramsey will have to come out and refute it, and it'll go back and forth, and there's nothing to be gained from that.
I agree rn its dead.  Still doesnt change the fact that the man hid from everyone and we have to debate whether the player is lying about it or is this FO just that bad and disrespectful.  I already don't trust the FO so he can stay quiet and hopefully prepack his bags for his release at the end of the year.
Season Tix, Section 409

(10-21-2019, 02:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Speaking of whether or not Tony Khan could replace TC, has anyone ever seen a job description of Exec VP of Football Ops?  (The Jaguars version of the job, of course.)

I don't care what you THINK it is, I'd like to see some sort of official or published version of a job description, if there is one.

In a nutshell I think that he runs the football part of the operation in the owner's absence.  As we have seen, the owner has the final say regarding personnel decisions regarding both players and coaching staff.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 02:47 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(10-21-2019, 02:13 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Yes, I read the rest.  I don’t think Tom is hiding like folks are saying on the board. Why should he give a post mortem on the situation?  It just lowers him to Ramsey’s level. The kid has proven himself a liar and a cheat. Why should we believe his self serving spin on what happened?

No one cares what Tom Coughlin said.

What we do care about is that regardless of what Coughlin said, Jalen was too weak to handle it. And I don't care if he was the most talented CB in the NFL (he's not) - we shouldn't want WEAK players on our team.

That's just spittin' facts.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 02:55 PM by I am Yoda.)

The “man who caused it” is the player by his words and behavior. Ramsey is a proven liar. Of the things Coughlin is, liar is not among them.

Some folks don’t relate well to authority or authoritative people. Ramsey is one. Evidently, some posters are, too.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(10-21-2019, 02:46 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 02:28 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Right now it would be after the fact.  The entire fanbase has been waiting on him to speak since the day of the incident.  Thats hiding under a rock no matter how much people blame Ramsey for what happened afterwards.  If you say something to an individual and then it blows up and everyone is asking to hear from the man who caused it, you speak up.  Ramsey said he said things behind closed doors that he wouldnt say anywhere else.  Doesnt seem like a lie to me since i havent heard a peep from him.  Thats weak sauce and makes him just as untrustworthy as the player.

No one cares what Tom Coughlin said.

What we do care about is that regardless of what Coughlin said, Jalen was too weak to handle it. And I don't care if he was the most talented CB in the NFL (he's not) - we shouldn't want WEAK players on our team.

That's a huge problem and spitting facts is the opposite of your post, but believe what you want.
(10-21-2019, 02:53 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

The “man who caused it” is the player by his words and behavior.   Ramsey is a proven liar. Of the things Coughlin is, liar is not among them.

Some folks don’t relate well to authority or authoritative people. Ramsey is one. Evidently, some posters are, too.

You may be right.  If my bosses' boss talked to me disrespectfully, about me and my boss arguing over what i felt was my importance to the company and trust between us, i'd have 2 options...  Stay at the job and know i don't matter or go to a company that appreciates my talents.  What he did was just that, although he had to fake the significance of a reported injury to make it happen.  The point is that Coughlin comes out and talks tough when it comes to fans opinions on his job but when a player says something, silence.  Thats weak and you can spin it however you want.  Still weak an he'll get his bye felicia moment as well.
Season Tix, Section 409

(10-21-2019, 03:12 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 02:46 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: No one cares what Tom Coughlin said.

That's a huge problem and spitting facts is the opposite of your post, but believe what you want.
(10-21-2019, 02:53 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: The “man who caused it” is the player by his words and behavior.   Ramsey is a proven liar. Of the things Coughlin is, liar is not among them.

You may be right.  If my bosses' boss talked to me disrespectfully, about me and my boss arguing over what i felt was my importance to the company and trust between us, i'd have 2 options...  Stay at the job and know i don't matter or go to a company that appreciates my talents.  What he did was just that, although he had to fake the significance of a reported injury to make it happen.  The point is that Coughlin comes out and talks tough when it comes to fans opinions on his job but when a player says something, silence.  Thats weak and you can spin it however you want.  Still weak an he'll get his bye felicia moment as well.

The only one weak here is Jalen Ramsey.

Period.

He got punked by an 80 year old man.

What a gigantic snowflake.... and you're sounding like one too.

(10-21-2019, 03:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 03:12 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: That's a huge problem and spitting facts is the opposite of your post, but believe what you want.

Period.

Call it what you want but that 80 yr old man has done nothing of note to help improve this team.  He can go stay in assisted living for all i care and you can feed and clothes him.  I doubt if Jalen put his hands on the old man he would gain anything so he did what he thought was necessary.  You sound dumb thinking he punked anybody lol.  You must have been beat up by an elderly adult before and have some fear of abuse.
Season Tix, Section 409

(10-21-2019, 03:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 03:12 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: That's a huge problem and spitting facts is the opposite of your post, but believe what you want.

Period.

Agreed.

Ramsey has been plotting his escape for months. People seem to continuously overlook the facts. This incident was just a convenient excuse.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-21-2019, 03:36 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 03:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The only one weak here is Jalen Ramsey.

Period.

Call it what you want but that 80 yr old man has done nothing of note to help improve this team.  He can go stay in assisted living for all i care and you can feed and clothes him.  I doubt if Jalen put his hands on the old man he would gain anything so he did what he thought was necessary.  You sound dumb thinking he punked anybody lol.  You must have been beat up by an elderly adult before and have some fear of abuse.

Now you've got me questioning not only your toughness but your intelligence.. at the very least your reading comprehension.

Tom Coughlin put a diva in his place and probably used language that is very common in coaching. Lots of F bombs. That kind of thing. An athlete is used to this from High School onward. The fact that this language from Tom caused Jalen to cry means he is weak. Mentally weak and probably isn't very tough physically either, I mean this is an entitled kid raised exclusively in the suburbs. 

Why do you think I'd expect or want Jalen to put his hands on him anyway? If he did that then he would be a lot more mentally weak.. and security would have hurt him pretty badly to boot.

What I expect Jalen to do was say, "Yes sir, you're right, that was completely unprofessional and I will never lay hands on my head coach again." Say it and mean it. Not say it then cry for a trade.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 05:04 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(10-21-2019, 04:51 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 03:36 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Call it what you want but that 80 yr old man has done nothing of note to help improve this team.  He can go stay in assisted living for all i care and you can feed and clothes him.  I doubt if Jalen put his hands on the old man he would gain anything so he did what he thought was necessary.  You sound dumb thinking he punked anybody lol.  You must have been beat up by an elderly adult before and have some fear of abuse.

Now you've got me questioning not only your toughness but your intelligence.. at the very least your reading comprehension.

Tom Coughlin put a diva in his place and probably used language that is very common in coaching. Lots of F bombs. That kind of thing. An athlete is used to this from High School onward. The fact that this language from Tom caused Jalen to cry means he is weak. Mentally weak and probably isn't very tough physically either, I mean this is an entitled kid raised exclusively in the suburbs. 

Why do you think I'd expect or want Jalen to put his hands on him anyway? If he did that then he would be a lot more mentally weak.. and security would have hurt him pretty badly to boot.

What I expect Jalen to do was say, "Yes sir, you're right, that was completely unprofessional and I will never lay hands on my head coach again." Say it and mean it. Not say it then cry for a trade.

Him and Doug has already squashed it.  Stop reaching. Amd i did see marrone do that on the sideline. I guess coughlin needed to relive his sideline coaching life
Season Tix, Section 409

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 05:20 PM by JagFan81.)

(10-21-2019, 02:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I agree that it would not be productive for TC to give a post mortem.  If he gave his straight opinion, which I assume he would, he would just get up there and slam Ramsey, and there's no good that can come out of that now.  The next thing you know, Ramsey would be in the media disputing TC's account of what happened, and then they'd have to go back and forth in the media, and that would be a mess.

This is where I'm torn. I agree with what you say, that very likely would have been the way the press would go with it. I do think though, even if it's an interview on the website, he could say something. But then I think it's just going to be Ramsey questions and go the first way anyway. I did feel sorry for Marrone having to field those questions and not having any answers. It looks from the outsude that it's a pretty chaotic FO setup which is very un-Coughlin

(10-21-2019, 05:19 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 02:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I agree that it would not be productive for TC to give a post mortem.  If he gave his straight opinion, which I assume he would, he would just get up there and slam Ramsey, and there's no good that can come out of that now.  The next thing you know, Ramsey would be in the media disputing TC's account of what happened, and then they'd have to go back and forth in the media, and that would be a mess.

This is where I'm torn. I agree with what you say, that very likely would have been the way the press would go with it. I do think though, even if it's an interview on the website, he could say something. But then I think it's just going to be Ramsey questions and go the first way anyway. I did feel sorry for Marrone having to field those questions and not having any answers. It looks from the outsude that it's a pretty chaotic FO setup which is very un-Coughlin

What gives you the impression the FO is "chaotic?"