Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We have a franchise QB

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019, 01:34 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

This is comical. The rule was recently changed and now its his excuse for not being fragile. So can anyone post the stats for how many QBs, BEFORE the rule change, were drove to the ground and didn't break a collar bone. Geez, this is football and if the two hand touch league doesnt want their star QBs hit hard anymore then cool. Just don't act like it was some ridiculously vicious hit that was oh my *** worthy and should've banned him from the game for life or whatever. This is Football and he broke like predicted. Sorry for your loss.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019, 01:35 PM by Caldrac.)

Still don't want to see Foles get the start "just because" though. Minshew has to play like a dumpster fire over the next two games. That's the only way to justify any potential switch. But if they do it just because Foles is ready to go it'll be extremely frustrating. This isn't a case of Bridgewater being benched for Brees. Foles is good. But he's not Brees good. Minshew deserves to keep this job until he nosedives into a dumpster fire.

Foles got [BLEEP] hammered on that play. Cann should be carrying his gear the rest of the year when he's out there practicing or helping Minshew with the gameplans.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Aaron Rodgers has gotten fragile. Two of the last three years he's played less than half of his games.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Looks like we can only start one and then let the other take over......
keep mixing them up or even start one or the other as season goes on.
That might drive opponents defenses crazy!  Wallbash

What a luxury we enjoy. 
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-29-2019, 01:33 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: This is comical.  The rule was recently changed and now its his excuse for not being fragile.  So can anyone post the stats for how many QBs, BEFORE the rule change, were drove to the ground and didn't break a collar bone.  Geez, this is football and if the two hand touch league doesnt want their star QBs hit hard anymore then cool.  Just don't act like it was some ridiculously vicious hit that was oh my *** worthy and should've banned him from the game for life or whatever.  This is Football and he broke like predicted.  Sorry for your loss.

What is with the desire of so many of you to root AGAINST your supposed favorite team's quarterback???

Such a sick, twisted way to be a fan. 

Whatever, carry on.  I'm not going to even try to debate with anyone coming from such an unreasonable position.

I don't know if Minshew is a franchise QB or a flash in the pan. I really like his play and what he's doing, but is he the long term answer? That is the question that continues to bother me.

Well, at this time he IS our quarterback and has looked dang good compared to other rookie and veteran QB's.....
and I am amazed like NYC4jags ....how many posters here just want to find something, anything wrong with either MSII or NF7.

Com'on people do you argue with your wives, girl friends or co-workers like this?

No looking for homers .....but, some for-real fan support for our team.
It's gotten where every thread has become a lightening rod for throwing shade on
the team, a front office member or a player.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-29-2019, 02:32 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Well, at this time he IS our quarterback and has looked dang good compared to other rookie and veteran QB's.....
and I am amazed like NYC4jags ....how many posters here just want to find something, anything wrong with either MSII or NF7.

Com'on people do you argue with your wives, girl friends or co-workers like this?

It's gotten where every thread has become a lightening rod for throwing shade on

No doubt I'll still root for him, but I've just seen guys flash before and then later you wonder what happened?  We don't have a complete body of work so we just have to take it on good measure that he could be the guy.  I dunno, it's just from being burned before I suppose.

I'm not sure why people are getting insulted for Nick Foles here...

He is fragile. You won't find anyone in the NFL who will say, oh yea, Nick Foles? Iron Man! Brett Favre toughness right there....

(10-29-2019, 02:46 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I'm not sure why people are getting insulted for Nick Foles here...

He is fragile. You won't find anyone in the NFL who will say, oh yea, Nick Foles? Iron Man! Brett Favre toughness right there....

Personally, I'm not the least bit insulted.

But I do find that you have a [BLEEP] up definition of fragile.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The argument of wanting see Foles so you can know what he can do in the offense reminds me of Peter Griffin having the choice between a boat or the mystery box.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019, 05:59 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Minshew is what Baker Mayfield was supposed to be.

Btw, Minshew is playing like a first overall pick. He’s probably gonna win Rookie of The Year. And We might have a defensive rookie of the year to boot.

(10-29-2019, 04:26 PM)PS9 Wrote: The argument of wanting see Foles so you can know what he can do in the offense reminds me of Peter Griffin having the choice between a boat or the mystery box.
[BLEEP]. This is the PERFECT analogy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-29-2019, 03:14 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 02:46 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I'm not sure why people are getting insulted for Nick Foles here...

Personally, I'm not the least bit insulted.

But I do find that you have a [BLEEP] up definition of fragile.

Not ever finishing an NFL season... how's that a [BLEEP] up definition of fragile?

It's the actual definition of it in the NFL.

(10-29-2019, 01:15 PM)rocdee Wrote: if it's not called, it's not illegal. Sorry, bros.

scroll down a bit for the politics forum... you might liven things up over there with that kind of talk....  Banana Tongue
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-29-2019, 06:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 04:26 PM)PS9 Wrote: The argument of wanting see Foles so you can know what he can do in the offense reminds me of Peter Griffin having the choice between a boat or the mystery box.
[BLEEP]. This is the PERFECT analogy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not if he already tied up 50 million in the mystery box.

(10-29-2019, 02:32 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Well, at this time he IS our quarterback and has looked dang good compared to other rookie and veteran QB's.....

Just win baby

I hope he chose the Mystery Box.  Boats are such a time sink and money sink.  The thing just rots away and you feel obligated to use it because otherwise it rots away.  Then it rots away anyway.

(10-29-2019, 01:15 PM)rocdee Wrote: if it's not called, it's not illegal. Sorry, bros.

Sorry bro, you're wrong. Missed calls happen all the time in the NFL in case you've never noticed. What you mean is they're not *penalized*.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-29-2019, 05:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Minshew is what Baker Mayfield was supposed to be.

Btw, Minshew is playing like a first overall pick. He’s probably gonna win Rookie of The Year. And We might have a defensive rookie of the year to boot.

That's what keeps me skeptical going forward.  Baker was great until an entire offseason of tape was studied and people know what to do with him now.  The thing for Minshew that you have to ask is can he transcend his tape?  It'll will get dissected hard this offseason.  Guys that can, those are franchise QBs.  Guys that can't, those are flash in the pan guys.  So I think the jury still has a lot to weigh before saying this is the future.  In the mean time I'll just enjoy what he's doing for us now.