Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We have a franchise QB

Don’t mess this up

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Half want to bench him for Foles shortly. It's almost like we enjoy the misery

He just has to clean up the fumbles and take some short plays sometimes, but right now he's looking legit.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 05:46 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Don’t fool yourself and listen to a CBS guy on tv....This is Minshew’s team.

He was born for this city. With the Jorts and they way he plays, no way we go back to Foles.

The kid started out 13 of 13 vs KC and now he’s got us right in the thick of things.

The plays he makes and buys extra time and stands in the pocket and the accuracy, Foles can’t make those plays and that’s why he’s bounced around the league. Don’t worry.

He’s our guy.

(10-27-2019, 05:45 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Don’t fool yourself and listen to a CBS guy on tv....This is Minshew’s team.

He was born for this city. With the Jorts and they way he plays, no way we go back to Foles.

The kid started out 13 of 13 vs KC and now he’s got us right in the thick of things.

The plays he makes and buys extra time and stands in the pocket and the accuracy, Foles can’t make those plays and that’s why he’s bounced around the league. Don’t worry.

He’s our guy.

I think next week may be game that decides. If we go 4-5, I think we go to Foles after the bye, see what he can do, let Minshew heal up. If we go 5-4, I think we ride with Minshew.

Baker Mayfield looked like the franchise guy last year. He has 12 interceptions so far this year

SLOW DOWN

To be fair franchise QBs have down seasons. Rivers, Big Ben etc

Not to say Mayfield is or isn't. I've hardly ever watched the Browns

He has also set two new records.

8) Gardner Minshew has thrown for at least two TDs in five games this season -- the most by a Jaguars quarterback in their rookie season. Blake Bortles (2014), Blaine Gabbert (2011) and Byron Leftwich (2003) are all tied for second with two such games in each of their rookie seasons. He is also the first Jaguars rookie to throw for 3 TDs in a game

(10-27-2019, 05:54 PM)rocdee Wrote: Baker Mayfield looked like the franchise guy last year. He has 12 interceptions so far this year

SLOW DOWN

1. Teams didn’t figure him out last year, allowing Mayfield to do what he did. We never got to see his response after a bad game until this year - and by then, his ego might have gotten too big for him to get his mind right this year.

Minshew, on the other hand, was figured out this season as teams are game planning against him. However, that didn’t stop him from bouncing back and continuing on his merry way while making adjustments. Strangely enough, his ego is nowhere near as inflated as Mayfield’s.

2. Mayfield’s style of play has a high chance of throwing a pick or even two per game. He’s now realizing that. For his sake as well as the Browns, he needs to adjust his game.

Minshew’s style of play is closer to a west coast style, which requires accuracy and smart decision-making. This alone lowers the chances of an interception. As long as he has a running back that can play, teams won’t be able to completely defend against his play. This why the Saints committed to stopping LF27. Granted, it was risky for the Saints, but they had fortune on their side that day when Jax’s TEs were near depleted.

While there is always a possibility of a sophomore slump, Gardner Minshew is unlikely to experience this because he’s already taking lumps against teams that are not only taking him seriously, but a lot of these teams are also top level defenses. He also has a top QB guru as an OC.

(10-27-2019, 06:54 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 05:54 PM)rocdee Wrote: Baker Mayfield looked like the franchise guy last year. He has 12 interceptions so far this year

SLOW DOWN

1. Teams didn’t figure him out last year, allowing Mayfield to do what he did. We never got to see his response after a bad game until this year - and by then, his ego might have gotten too big for him to get his mind right this year.

Minshew, on the other hand, was figured out this season as teams are game planning against him. However, that didn’t stop him from bouncing back and continuing on his merry way while making adjustments. Strangely enough, his ego is nowhere near as inflated as Mayfield’s.

2. Mayfield’s style of play has a high chance of throwing a pick or even two per game. He’s now realizing that. For his sake as well as the Browns, he needs to adjust his game.

Minshew’s style of play is closer to a west coast style, which requires accuracy and smart decision-making. This alone lowers the chances of an interception. As long as he has a running back that can play, teams won’t be able to completely defend against his play. This why the Saints committed to stopping LF27. Granted, it was risky for the Saints, but they had fortune on their side that day when Jax’s TEs were near depleted.

While there is always a possibility of a sophomore slump, Gardner Minshew is unlikely to experience this because he’s already taking lumps against teams that are not only taking him seriously, but a lot of these teams are also top level defenses. He also has a top QB guru as an OC.

It will be interesting when he can get a really high quality TE to play with. Oliver may or may not be that guy. O'Shaughnessy is essentially just a guy but you could tell the difference when he went down. Minshew has adjusted to it but he'll be even more productive in the long run with a top shelf player at that position.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-27-2019, 06:54 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote:

SLOW DOWN

Positive if yet interesting take. 

I’ve been so jaded by busts at the position that I want to see more before declaring anything. But I am very encouraged right now

NF7 will be our QB when he's eligible to play. GM15 is playing well but he's not seasoned yet. You don't pay a player such as we did NF7 and then bench him.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-27-2019, 07:16 PM)NH3 Wrote: NF7 will be our QB when he's eligible to play. GM15 is playing well but he's not seasoned yet. You don't pay a player such as we did NF7 and then bench him.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

If salary is all that dictates the starter then the coach should be fired.

More importantly, what will happen to this fan base and locker room if they pull 15 and then Foles loses a few games in a row? The Leftwich/Garrard War will seem a minor skirmish compared to the Mutually Assured Destruction we'll see if that happens.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 07:33 PM by jaglyn.)

GM2 may just have it. He may just have IT

Been so long but would be a heckuva wonderful and unexpected way to end our Franchise QB drought

It’s time to ride with Minshew. Foles is a great player and mentor, but you don’t bench a guy during a historic rookie campaign who is trending up. He has won the fans and the team over. Let Foles heal for a while.

(10-27-2019, 07:16 PM)NH3 Wrote: NF7 will be our QB when he's eligible to play. GM15 is playing well but he's not seasoned yet. You don't pay a player such as we did NF7 and then bench him.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Seahawks did it with Matt Flynn seems to have worked out for them just fine.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 07:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

As flsportsgod said, salary wont dictate who we play at QB.  Doug will play who he thinks will give us the best chance to win because most likely his job is on the line if they dont make it to .500 at the very least and possibly the playoffs.  If Minshew keeps playing like this and we are winning he will remain our starting QB and I was the biggest Foles supporter but Minshew is insane with some of the plays he makes.

Minshew made the "go back to Foles in week 11" decision harder with his play today vs the Jets.

Next week will be more telling, but he's not making it an easy call right now.

He made a variety of different throws accurately today and was smart about protecting the ball. If he struggles in London, Foles may be the guy in week 11 and I'll get it. If he plays well, I'd support keeping him behind center.

I like Minshew. I think he might be the QB of the future. That said, he does leave the pocket too quickly at times. He is already showing a tendency of leaving the pocket a tad too soon. There have been several occasions where he could have stayed put and kept his eyes down field. Obviously, that is somewhat on the offensive line, but they seem to have been playing better as of late.

I'd like to see Foles come back, let him take the reigns for a while (hopefully stay healthy), and trade him this offseason. This gives Minshew time to breathe, collect himself, humble himself, and learn with the knowledge that he's going to be the man in the future (the way you might do with any number 1 draft pick). I think this would give him a huge development advantage. Of course, there are those that believe you just throw someone to the fire, but we've seen enough. Beef up the o-line next offseason and let him go into the role next season better prepared and protected.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 08:04 PM by Mowerguy.)

He beat the tacks .....we lost to the 'horns with a dumb call ......we'll handle them in London.
clots haven't seen him yet and we'll handle the tacks at home again.
Division is ours to lose.
There I said it.
Foles can give MSII some rest as we move on to wild card.

These two guys will take us well into the next couple years and MSII is our long term QB.
My God guys....we put up with bb5 for five....FIVE YEARS.
The potential here is mind blowing.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson