Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags release Fournette!!

(08-31-2020, 10:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm just shocked that if the front office kinda knew this was coming, why didn't we draft a RB to replace him?

In Caldwell we trust! Cool
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 10:25 AM by Kane.)

(08-31-2020, 10:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 10:12 AM)Brett Wrote: For fantasy purposes, who do you guys think will be the best pickup? Armstead? Or I'm guessing it could just really be a true RBBC.

I don't have a clue. I'm gonna avoid the Jags altogether.

FTFY

EDIT: Well maybe Chark will be worth a selection... but that'd be it probably

(08-31-2020, 10:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm just shocked that if the front office kinda knew this was coming, why didn't we draft a RB to replace him?

Indeed.

Scott, Thomas, Lutton, Davis, any of those picks could have been a RB.

(08-31-2020, 10:12 AM)Brett Wrote: For fantasy purposes, who do you guys think will be the best pickup? Armstead? Or I'm guessing it could just really be a true RBBC.

We're going to be playing from behind so look to our WRs to get yards in the 2nd half during garbage time.

Didn't he have 2 TDs all last year?

(08-31-2020, 09:49 AM)Yes Mandeezee Wrote: Also, are they moving Shenault to rb?
I Think that’s a real possibility. Fournett never really impressed me, he couldn’t get short yardage he had no moves to make people miss Nothing lost with this move.

(08-31-2020, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Look at this fact: in spite of only allowing the stadium to be 1/4 full this season, the Jags are advertising tickets.  Maybe it has something to do with the pandemic and people not wanting to go to the games for that reason, but on the other hand, it seems like they would be able to at least sell 25% of the seats.  But they're advertising tickets.  There could come a time when we have to admit, this team cannot sell enough tickets in Jacksonville at high enough prices to be sustainable, pandemic or no pandemic.  

So Khan is accelerating the process so he can be first in line for London.  It makes sense to me.

St. Louis maybe, but not London.

The logistics of having a team in London full time and having us and other teams and all the gear flown back and forth for 16 weeks.... Talk about a nightmare and expensive. Plus the teams usually fly over a week in advance to get used to the time zone difference. 

A team in a different state, sure. A different country not so much.

C'mon O, you shouldn't be shocked by the incompetent moves from from FO

(08-31-2020, 10:23 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 10:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't have a clue. I'm gonna avoid the Jags altogether.

FTFY

EDIT: Well maybe Chark will be worth a selection... but that'd be it probably
I'd be good with Minshew as my QB2 - with the points he'll get running for his life behind our OLine, he'll be serviceable. If he throws for 300yds and a TD or 2, to go along with 40-50 yds rushing - he'll get a team through it's QB1 bye

For all the LF excuses and reasoning, he moved the ball (1600 all purpose yds.) last year. I fully expected him to be even more productive this year.
That being said, seems the intentions to rebuild are in full swing again which is......... I'm speechless.
Was this a coaching decision, FO decision, or joint and did Khan sign off on this? These last 12 months have been a black eye.
I have given up on Dave Caldwell already.

Please send us Martin Mayhew (GM) and have him hire Robert Saleh (HC) please!
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(08-31-2020, 10:31 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: St. Louis maybe, but not London.

The logistics of having a team in London full time and having us and other teams and all the gear flown back and forth for 16 weeks.... Talk about a nightmare and expensive. Plus the teams usually fly over a week in advance to get used to the time zone difference. 

A team in a different state, sure. A different country not so much.

Not to mention tax, labor, and liability law red tape. It just isn't feasible.

(08-31-2020, 10:29 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: Didn't he have 2 TDs all last year?

He had 1600 productive yards moving the ball combined. Who will do that now?
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(08-31-2020, 09:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If Fournette goes to a team that gives him a FB he'll do better because he's almost exclusively a straight line steam-powered runner.

I've often wondered what he could have done with a guy like Greg Jones at FB.

(08-31-2020, 10:37 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If Fournette goes to a team that gives him a FB he'll do better because he's almost exclusively a straight line steam-powered runner.

I've often wondered what he could have done with a guy like Greg Jones at FB.

Or an offensive line that could actually open a hole for him....while I used to yell at him for running into the backs of the O-Linemen, it wasn't like he had anywhere else to go

I haven't been a fan of Caldwell but had started to give him more credit lately. This is a perplexing move though without a clear alternative on the roster. I guess the offense had looked to productive in practice or something. Smh.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-31-2020, 10:19 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: What fresh hell is this??!!

I dont know what to say anymore. I was annoyed yesterday. Today I'm....nuclear!

Wallbash

It's 2020 cancelling every good and decent thing in the world.

(08-31-2020, 10:40 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 10:37 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I've often wondered what he could have done with a guy like Greg Jones at FB.

Or an offensive line that could actually open a hole for him....while I used to yell at him for running into the backs of the O-Linemen, it wasn't like he had anywhere else to go

He would have been epic behind Greg Jones. Fournette has no vision. Someone posted on here last year a series of plays where Fournette had a hole a juke away but was always looking straight ahead. He's a strong runner but if the play doesn't develop as planned he doesn't react dynamically. 

I wish he had just a portion of MoJo's vision. That guy used to come to a complete stop to assess and allow a lane to open up. Incredible.

Losing fournette is not a big deal. This regime is fighting for their lives. They would not have cut him if they thought he was elite. That said, psychologically this is a blow, because yet another monster 1st round bust. Sad to see the results of our drafting. Adds insult to injury to trading our other good players away. That said, we have an exciting young core, and this is going to be an odd season as it is, so expect the unexpected. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.

(08-31-2020, 10:29 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:49 AM)Yes Mandeezee Wrote: Also, are they moving Shenault to rb?
I Think that’s a real possibility. Fournett never really impressed me, he couldn’t get short yardage he had no moves to make people miss Nothing lost with this move.

I think a guy like Shenault is more what Gruden looking for in his offense. They say he's like a rb playing wr...why not just list him as a rb? Plus wr on this team is really crowded.

I'll post this in the thread I probably should've posted it in originally:

Losing Fournette doesn't particularly make us worse. We were bad, we still are bad.

Throwing out fournette's numbers from last year doesn't exactly move the needle either, I honestly believe most RBs in the league could put up similar numbers given the extremely high usage he had. He is an average RB who isn't part of our long term future, and Ozigbo, Armstead and Robinson all now have a chance to step up and prove themselves in the league.

Don't get wrong, this team is a joke. But Fournette being cut doesn't particularly change how I feel about them in the long or short term.

Frustrating we couldn't at least get a ham sandwich for him tho.

Again... same problem as Yannick. Wait until at least game 4. Some team will lose a RB and his value will skyrocket. I can only assume this is a chemistry thing. The only thing I can think is they feel they will get more value from curing the cancer than the picks.