Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Arnold

Finally, a legit TE weapon for a new QB
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Surprised by how quick and athletic he was. Based on what I saw, I'm also surprised other teams weren't able to get more out of him. Wonder if we'll figure out why as well or if maybe we just found a good player.

He's basically a WR, but we need those too.

6 catches 64 yards in his 2nd game. One Bs fumble

I'm good with this acquisition, he's been pretty good in two games.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-10-2021, 04:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 6 catches 64 yards in his 2nd game.  One Bs fumble

That was a fumble. I hate the football move crap. That is 2 pathetic fumbles from our TEs. I would say coach them up but.... yeah not happening
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-10-2021, 04:41 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 6 catches 64 yards in his 2nd game.  One Bs fumble

That was a fumble. I hate the football move crap. That is 2 pathetic fumbles from our TEs. I would say coach them up but.... yeah not happening

That was no fumble, he didn't make no football move lol.  The Trevor Lawrence stop at the goaline was a fumble that they didn't call

(10-10-2021, 04:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:41 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: That was a fumble. I hate the football move crap. That is 2 pathetic fumbles from our TEs. I would say coach them up but.... yeah not happening

That was no fumble, he didn't make no football move lol.  The Trevor Lawrence stop at the goaline was a fumble that they didn't call
Did it look like a fumble? Yes. Look sure if the standard is the dumb football move stuff then sure it is questionable. It was a fumble. He is an okay TE and better than what we have had here in years but yeah stop fumbling.
The Khan Years

(10-10-2021, 04:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:41 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: That was a fumble. I hate the football move crap. That is 2 pathetic fumbles from our TEs. I would say coach them up but.... yeah not happening

He caught it, turned, and tucked. What is considered a football move if all that isn't?

(10-10-2021, 04:59 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That was no fumble, he didn't make no football move lol.  The Trevor Lawrence stop at the goaline was a fumble that they didn't call

He caught it, turned, and tucked. What is considered a football move if all that isn't?

He didn't finish the tuck when the defender's helmet knocked the ball loose.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 05:06 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-10-2021, 05:04 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:59 PM)Upper Wrote: He caught it, turned, and tucked. What is considered a football move if all that isn't?

Exactly, didn't even take a full step as well

I hate arguing football moves. Laziness of replay and slowmo. Watching it live, did you think fumble?
The Khan Years

(10-10-2021, 05:04 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:59 PM)Upper Wrote: He caught it, turned, and tucked. What is considered a football move if all that isn't?

He didn't finish the tuck lmao.

(10-10-2021, 05:07 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I hate arguing football moves. Laziness of replay and slowmo. Watching it live, did you think fumble?

No.

I don't think he made a "football move."

Change the hypothetical slightly and suppose the ball rolled out of bounds.

Do the refs rule that a completion?

More often than not, they don't.  Steratore said he disagreed with the call.

It was complete horse [BLEEP].

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-10-2021, 05:14 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 05:04 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: He didn't finish the tuck when the defender's helmet knocked the ball loose.

He didn't finish the tuck lmao.

Exactly. Like when your mamma tried to catch you but didn't and you fell on your head.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 06:28 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-10-2021, 05:32 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 05:14 PM)Upper Wrote: He didn't finish the tuck lmao.

Exactly. Like when your mamma tried to catch you but didn't and you fell on your head.

He had possession of the ball for over a second and did several athletic moves like catch the ball, get both feet down, and turn. There is no rule that you have to be able to tuck the ball before it counts as a completion.

I think this guy is a good player.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(10-10-2021, 06:25 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 05:32 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Exactly. Like when your mamma tried to catch you but didn't and you fell on your head.

He had possession of the ball for over a second and did several athletic moves like catch the ball, get both feet down, and turn. There is no rule that you have to be able to tuck the ball before it counts as a completion.

I just got a chance to rewatch it. The second foot was down but he had not yet secured possession. He was bringing the ball in when the tacks' player's helmet jarred it loose. Incomplete pass.

It was a bang bang play. See those go either way all the time. I'm fine with the fumble call.

The PI call early on Claybrooks was as bogus as they come. Terrible call.

Lawrence's over turned TD call was bad. Neither knee was down and the ball broke the plane. Should have stayed as called on the field. Terrible overrule.

The obvious no DPI call on Arnold was bad as well. Very clear PI and the ref had the best view in the house. He grabbed his flag and everything but bit his tongue.

(10-10-2021, 06:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It was a bang bang play. See those go either way all the time. I'm fine with the fumble call.

The PI call early on Claybrooks was as bogus as they come. Terrible call.

Lawrence's over turned TD call was bad. Neither knee was down and the ball broke the plane. Should have stayed as called on the field. Terrible overrule.

The obvious no DPI call on Arnold was bad as well. Very clear PI and the ref had the best view in the house. He grabbed his flag and everything but bit his tongue.

This
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23