Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OBJ (merged)

(11-11-2021, 05:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Going to the Rams

Absolutely the worst place he could go if he wants to prove he isn't washed up. He's certainly not gonna get any of Cooper Kupp's targets and he's not gonna get any of Robert Woods' targets either. He'll probably get some of the targets that would've otherwise went to the TE, but it won't be enough to matter. I think he'll be a non-factor. The Rams had no need at all for a WR. I'm surprised they even made him an offer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-07-2021, 07:25 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 07:13 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3257...ources-say

You can forget us claiming him.

Does that mean he’ll be a Ram too?

Shocker!

How in the hell do they have enough money for all this?

(11-11-2021, 08:17 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 07:25 PM)Jags Wrote: Does that mean he’ll be a Ram too?

Shocker!

Teams can always find a way.

(11-11-2021, 08:17 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 07:25 PM)Jags Wrote: Does that mean he’ll be a Ram too?

Shocker!

He likely signed for the minimum, and if there was offset language in the contract (with the Browns) then he definitely did since any additional money would only benefit them in savings.  He's still owed around 7 mil from the Browns I believe, so he probably just went to where he felt the best fit/opportunity/SB chance there was.

I don't get why the Rams even need him.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I find it odd that OBJ identified the Matthew Stafford led Rams as the front runner he could latch on to in his last ditch effort to win a ring versus a team like the Bucs. I can only speculate that the Bucs were an option, but maybe not?

Not to mention taxes, if he even cares about that at this point.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2021, 09:57 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-12-2021, 09:42 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I don't get why the Rams even need him.
They don't "need" him but if he's the 3rd WR, he will never see the teams best corner and will have a clear advantage each week. Despite his perception, he is still beating coverages fairly consistently.

https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/statu...30946?s=20

He is about to go to a pass first offense with a QB who is playing at an elite level. When he was with the Browns, he was playing in a run first offense with an average QB. I'm not sure we will ever see Beckham reach his elite status again but my guess is that he will still be productive. This will be similar to the Bucs adding AB. They didn't "need" AB but he gives them another weapon for defenses to have to worry about.

Well, the Rams Robert Woods tore his ACL and is out for the season so OBJ will get more looks his way presumably.

(11-11-2021, 11:50 PM)empty Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 08:17 PM)Jags Wrote: Shocker!

He likely signed for the minimum, and if there was offset language in the contract (with the Browns) then he definitely did since any additional money would only benefit them in savings.  He's still owed around 7 mil from the Browns I believe, so he probably just went to where he felt the best fit/opportunity/SB chance there was.

4.5 mil + incentives I think (and Snead says they'd like to extend him beyond this season)

His other choice was the Pack but they offered vet min allegedly.

Rams are so all in at some point they're gonna be in cap hell and be absolutely terrible again. I hope for their sake they get that SB ring in the next year or two
Then again to see them fall short after trying to buy a ring NBA style would be perfect

(11-14-2021, 01:22 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 11:50 PM)empty Wrote: He likely signed for the minimum, and if there was offset language in the contract (with the Browns) then he definitely did since any additional money would only benefit them in savings.  He's still owed around 7 mil from the Browns I believe, so he probably just went to where he felt the best fit/opportunity/SB chance there was.

4.5 mil + incentives I think (and Snead says they'd like to extend him beyond this season)

Rams are so all in at some point they're gonna be in cap hell and be absolutely terrible again. I hope for their sake they get that SB ring in the next year or two
Then again to see them fall short after trying to buy a ring NBA style would be perfect

1.5 + 3 mil in playoff based incentives.  Guessing there's no offset in the Browns contract so 1.5 + incentives makes sense.  Maybe could have gotten more elsewhere but I don't think there are many teams matching his criteria that could offer much better.

The rams lost woods. I guess they are glad that got obj

(11-14-2021, 01:22 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 11:50 PM)empty Wrote: He likely signed for the minimum, and if there was offset language in the contract (with the Browns) then he definitely did since any additional money would only benefit them in savings.  He's still owed around 7 mil from the Browns I believe, so he probably just went to where he felt the best fit/opportunity/SB chance there was.

It feels like LA will be a franchise that gets a lot of help from the NFL in order to keep up the interest in that market and fan base. We'll have some type of minor rule change in a few years that lets them off the cap hook once it looks like they start declining.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-15-2021, 09:18 AM)Jag88 Wrote: The rams lost woods. I guess they are glad that got obj

Robert Woods was a huge loss.  As talented as OBJ is,  I have serious doubts that he's going to be detail oriented like Woods, even after OBJ has a much better grasp of the LA Rams Offensive System.  I definitely can envision a major conflict with OBJ and the precision oriented Sean McVay.

(11-16-2021, 05:18 PM)D6 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 09:18 AM)Jag88 Wrote: The rams lost woods. I guess they are glad that got obj

Robert Woods was a huge loss.  As talented as OBJ is,  I have serious doubts that he's going to be detail oriented like Woods, even after OBJ has a much better grasp of the LA Rams Offensive System.  I definitely can envision a major conflict with OBJ and the precision oriented Sean McVay.

As long as those details are one-handed catches in pre-game warm-ups and bad haircuts, he'll be oriented as hell. 

Precise routes and timing?  Well...

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 05:29 PM by nhiverson. Edited 1 time in total.)

What is the hate with OBJ? He was getting open on the Rams just like he did on the Browns hes still a great receiver. Hes ten times better then Chark or anyone on this roster.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 06:45 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-16-2021, 05:18 PM)D6 Wrote:

Agreed. Robert Woods is one of the best route runners and is one of the most sure-handed receivers in the NFL. He's "sneaky" good. That just isn't the type of WR that OBJ is. The Rams don't really have a game breaking WR. Woods and Kupp just consistently beat secondaries with those mid range passes, over and over. They steadily keep the chains moving for the offense.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2021, 02:12 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(11-12-2021, 09:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I find it odd that OBJ identified the Matthew Stafford led Rams as the front runner he could latch on to in his last ditch effort to win a ring versus a team like the Bucs. I can only speculate that the Bucs were an option, but maybe not?

They had no interest. Smart move imo

(11-19-2021, 02:12 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 09:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I find it odd that OBJ identified the Matthew Stafford led Rams as the front runner he could latch on to in his last ditch effort to win a ring versus a team like the Bucs. I can only speculate that the Bucs were an option, but maybe not?

They had no interest. Smart move imo

Yeah Arians said one head case at a time and he already has AB.
Also OBJ doesn't really care about winning a ring imo.
He wants the LA market. He wants to pad stats. He wants to play with his buddies like Ramsey.

Some people wanted us to pursue, so glad we didn't.
OBJ shows up in LA and they have their worst game of the year. The OBJ cancer curse may be a real thing.

Also, Stroudcrowd digging in his heels on his bad take of Stafford is too funny.

(11-20-2021, 12:37 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 02:12 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: They had no interest. Smart move imo

Yeah Arians said one head case at a time and he already has AB.
Also OBJ doesn't really care about winning a ring imo.
He wants the LA market. He wants to pad stats. He wants to play with his buddies like Ramsey.

Some people wanted us to pursue, so glad we didn't.
OBJ shows up in LA and they have their worst game of the year. The OBJ cancer curse may be a real thing.

Also, Stroudcrowd digging in his heels on his bad take of Stafford is too funny.

Stafford is bad and Dan Arnold is a top 3 TE.  
Funny stuff. 

Anyway -- I'm also glad we were never in the OBJ market. He'll produce impressively in small waves, disappear in the troughs between, and at some point become a nuisance for staff and locker room. Give it time...

(11-11-2021, 04:24 AM)nhiverson Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 02:34 AM)Kane Wrote: OBJs talent >>>>>> Kaps talent
OBJs circus <<<<<< Kaps circus.

And I'm no OBJ fan soooooo

At his peak Kap was a great qb for the few years they were making super bowl runs.

Without looking I think he legit had 2 good years. Epitome of flash in the pan QB. Once the league sees what you can and can't do and you can't adapt. You're toast and being benched for Gabbert.