Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OBJ (merged)

Personally, I'm not a fan of onboarding the drama-queen, but he would add some talent to our depleted receiving room.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/14...75366?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-03-2021, 03:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Personally, I'm not a fan of onboarding the drama-queen, but he would add some talent to our depleted receiving room.

I would kick the tires on him too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-03-2021, 03:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 03:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Personally, I'm not a fan of onboarding the drama-queen, but he would add some talent to our depleted receiving room.

I would kick the tires on him too.

Agreed. Right now he's banged up, but if allowed to sit a couple weeks to heal and if we can get him on a short term deal, I think he can help us this season. Would he want to come here though? I doubt it. The Saints were reportedly interested in him, but couldn't get a deal done with the Browns. He'd be a good fit for that team.

(11-03-2021, 03:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 03:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I would kick the tires on him too.

Agreed. Right now he's banged up, but if allowed to sit a couple weeks to heal and if we can get him on a short term deal, I think he can help us this season. Would he want to come here though? I doubt it. The Saints were reportedly interested in him, but couldn't get a deal done with the Browns. He'd be a good fit for that team.

He’d be subject to waivers so he wouldn’t have a choice. Currently we are fourth on the waiver wire behind Detroit, Houston, and Miami and none of those teams have enough cap to absorb his 8M salary. Jags could easily do it if he is released.

(11-03-2021, 03:17 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 03:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Right now he's banged up, but if allowed to sit a couple weeks to heal and if we can get him on a short term deal, I think he can help us this season. Would he want to come here though? I doubt it. The Saints were reportedly interested in him, but couldn't get a deal done with the Browns. He'd be a good fit for that team.

He’d be subject to waivers so he wouldn’t have a choice. Currently we are fourth on the waiver wire behind Detroit, Houston, and Miami and none of those teams have enough cap to absorb his 8M salary. Jags could easily do it if he is released.

All of those teams have major needs at WR.

(11-03-2021, 03:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Right now he's banged up, but if allowed to sit a couple weeks to heal and if we can get him on a short term deal, I think he can help us this season. Would he want to come here though? I doubt it. The Saints were reportedly interested in him, but couldn't get a deal done with the Browns. He'd be a good fit for that team.

I could see Detroit claiming him because they are so desperate for WR help.  I think the Texans are in full blown tank mode and continue to purge their roster.  I could see Miami easily passing on him.  They have invested a lot at the position, but they are banged up.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-03-2021, 03:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 03:17 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: He’d be subject to waivers so he wouldn’t have a choice. Currently we are fourth on the waiver wire behind Detroit, Houston, and Miami and none of those teams have enough cap to absorb his 8M salary. Jags could easily do it if he is released.

All of those teams have major needs at WR.

None of those teams have the cap space needed.

https://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-cap-space-1/

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 03:46 PM by nhiverson. Edited 1 time in total.)

Sign him asap if released. Obviously he has to stay healthy but he'd be the best wr we have had in awhile.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 04:13 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

He has stunk it up for CLE. The reason I know this is because he is on my FF team. This ain't your grand dads one handed NY Giants catch OBJ.

From what i saw he still gets open very often and Baker don't look his way.
No Fun

(11-03-2021, 03:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 03:17 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: He’d be subject to waivers so he wouldn’t have a choice. Currently we are fourth on the waiver wire behind Detroit, Houston, and Miami and none of those teams have enough cap to absorb his 8M salary. Jags could easily do it if he is released.
I could see Detroit claiming him because they are so desperate for WR help.  I think the Texans are in full blown tank mode and continue to purge their roster.  I could see Miami easily passing on him.  They have invested a lot at the position, but they are banged up.

Largely because of the salary cap, I think there's a greater chance that the Lions claim DeSean Jackson than OBJ.  The need is indeed great for a vertical dimension for the Offense even to function like an NFL Offense. Lions GM  Brad Holmes' connections with the LA Rams organization should provide him the necessary information on why the Rams moved on from Jackson.

(11-03-2021, 06:45 PM)D6 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 03:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I could see Detroit claiming him because they are so desperate for WR help.  I think the Texans are in full blown tank mode and continue to purge their roster.  I could see Miami easily passing on him.  They have invested a lot at the position, but they are banged up.

Largely because of the salary cap, I think there's a greater chance that the Lions claim DeSean Jackson than OBJ.  The need is indeed great for a vertical dimension for the Offense even to function like an NFL Offense. Lions GM  Brad Holmes' connections with the LA Rams organization should provide him the necessary information on why the Rams moved on from Jackson.

As a Lions fan, if Detroit keeps the #1 pick through the end of the season, do you think they take Thibodeaux or reach for a QB?

(11-03-2021, 07:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 06:45 PM)D6 Wrote: Largely because of the salary cap, I think there's a greater chance that the Lions claim DeSean Jackson than OBJ.  The need is indeed great for a vertical dimension for the Offense even to function like an NFL Offense. Lions GM  Brad Holmes' connections with the LA Rams organization should provide him the necessary information on why the Rams moved on from Jackson.

As a Lions fan, if Detroit keeps the #1 pick through the end of the season, do you think they take Thibodeaux or reach for a QB?

I hope take Thidodeaux.  

The Lions will have plenty of other draft resources to address the QB position, including the LA Rams 1st Round picks in 2022 and 2023, the Lions own 2nd Round pick in 2022 ( pick # 33 or close to that ), and the Lions own 1st and 2nd Round picks in 2023. 

Based on how Brad Holmes drafted in 2021, his first draft as an NFL GM, I'm cautiously optimistic that he won't reach for a QB.  
Based on how Brad Holmes drafted in 2021, his first draft as an NFL GM, I'm cautiously optimistic that he won't reach for a QB. 

He may be worth picking up if only to upgrade the talent on the roster.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(11-03-2021, 08:16 PM)D6 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 07:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As a Lions fan, if Detroit keeps the #1 pick through the end of the season, do you think they take Thibodeaux or reach for a QB?

I hope take Thidodeaux.  

The Lions will have plenty of other draft resources to address the QB position, including the LA Rams 1st Round picks in 2022 and 2023, the Lions own 2nd Round pick in 2022 ( pick # 33 or close to that ), and the Lions own 1st and 2nd Round picks in 2023. 

I was thinking the same thing. Thibodeaux is so head and shoulders above every other player in this draft, that I would think any team would have enough sense to choose him over a QB.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 09:55 AM by TheDogCatcher. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trevor > Baker > Jameis who splits time w/the gimmick QB

OBJ is a diva, but maybe he'll be more humble and appreciative as he enters the second half of his career.

(11-03-2021, 08:16 PM)D6 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 07:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As a Lions fan, if Detroit keeps the #1 pick through the end of the season, do you think they take Thibodeaux or reach for a QB?

I hope take Thidodeaux.  

The 2022 draft doesn't have any blue chip QBs. I see a lot of undersized guys with potential. I wouldn't waste a top-15 pick on any of them. I'm glad the Jags got Trevor this year. Let the other teams have their years of futility drafting more Gabberts, Leftwiches, and Bortles.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(11-04-2021, 09:18 AM)ATLjag Wrote: OBJ has 4 or more accrued NFL seasons.  Therefore, he would be "released", not "waived", and not subject to the waiver wire process.  Effectively, he would be a free agent and free to sign with any team he desires and that wants him.

This is incorrect. After the trade deadline, all players are subject to the waiver wire.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 10:45 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

He is crying with Mayfield, what makes you guys think he wouldn't cry with our rookie QB and incredibly bad OC? He probably don't wanna be here anyway (thank God).
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

My money is on him landing with the Raiders.

OBJ in South Beach, like a hand and a glove.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato