Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mr. Khan, FIRE BAALKE!!

(02-05-2022, 11:43 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Looks like they are going to bring in Rick Spielmen.  Only a matter of time before Baalke is thrown in the trash can.

That pick of Travis Etinne is looking awful now.
Should have traded up for Najee Harris.

Dude hasn't played a down.  Talk to me after this season about Etienne.   "Trade up for Harris" lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-05-2022, 11:43 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Looks like they are going to bring in Rick Spielmen.  Only a matter of time before Baalke is thrown in the trash can.

That pick of Travis Etinne is looking awful now.
Should have traded up for Najee Harris.

bit premature to right off Etienne without stepping foot on the field for a regular season game... guy is a true slasher whos going to hurt teams as he gets touches and gives JRob a water break.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022, 06:00 AM by Craigukjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

I like etienne but lis franc is no joke and it’s foolish to think he’ll be back 100% not saying he can’t be, but it’s far from a guarantee

(02-06-2022, 05:59 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: I like etienne but lis franc is no joke and it’s foolish to think he’ll be back 100% not saying he can’t be, but it’s far from a guarantee

Of course it would depend on the severity of the injury, but Etienne said in a news conference the other day that he was already back to 100%.

[Image: 64982g.jpg]

(02-06-2022, 01:14 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 05:59 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: I like etienne but lis franc is no joke and it’s foolish to think he’ll be back 100% not saying he can’t be, but it’s far from a guarantee

Of course it would depend on the severity of the injury, but Etienne said in a news conference the other day that he was already back to 100%.

yes it is a bad injury,and lots of times a player is never the same. There are some rare times though the player comes back the same as whn he got hurt.  Exsample Joe Burroew of Bengals. he tore his ACL  his rookie season,and is now in Super Bowl with the Bengals.

His rookie season was  in 2020.  I'm not saying Entine will lead jags to a super bowl team is a Looooooooooooooong way from that. I'm just saying a player can come back the same after a serious injury,its just very rare.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(02-08-2022, 10:34 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 01:14 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Of course it would depend on the severity of the injury, but Etienne said in a news conference the other day that he was already back to 100%.

yes it is a bad injury,and lots of times a player is never the same. There are some rare times though the player comes back the same as whn he got hurt.  Exsample Joe Burroew of Bengals. he tore his ACL  his rookie season,and is now in Super Bowl with the Bengals.

His rookie season was  in 2020.  I'm not saying Entine will lead jags to a super bowl team is a Looooooooooooooong way from that. I'm just saying a player can come back the same after a serious injury,its just very rare.

Burrow doesn't throw with his leg.
Etienne uses his foot every carry, unless pogo sticks are now legal.

Comparing apples and octopi.

(02-08-2022, 10:41 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 10:34 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: yes it is a bad injury,and lots of times a player is never the same. There are some rare times though the player comes back the same as whn he got hurt.  Exsample Joe Burroew of Bengals. he tore his ACL  his rookie season,and is now in Super Bowl with the Bengals.

Burrow doesn't throw with his leg.

no he doesn't but he does have to run sometimes to escape opposeing teams defense. he uses legs for that.  without his molbitly they wouldn't of beaten the tittians,and chiefs at all. yes he can throw the ball too.  of course the whole team wins,and loses togather too. Bengals defense has one a few games n playoffs for them.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(02-08-2022, 05:59 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 10:41 AM)Mikey Wrote: Burrow doesn't throw with his leg.

no he doesn't but he does have to run sometimes to escape opposeing teams defense. he uses legs for that.  without his molbitly they wouldn't of beaten the tittians,and chiefs at all. yes he can throw the ball too.  of course the whole team wins,and loses togather too. Bengals defense has one a few games n playoffs for them.

I'm just gonna throw this out there. If the Tittians were a real team then I think I might have found my future team after Khan lets me down again.

(02-08-2022, 10:34 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 01:14 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Of course it would depend on the severity of the injury, but Etienne said in a news conference the other day that he was already back to 100%.

This study suggests otherwise:

Outcomes of Lisfranc Injuries in the National Football League - PubMed (nih.gov)

For those who don't want to click and read it, the conclusion was as follows:

Conclusion: More than 90% of NFL athletes who sustained Lisfranc injuries returned to play in the NFL at a median of 11.1 months from time of injury. Offensive and defensive players experienced a decrease in performance after return from injury that did not reach statistical significance compared with their respective control groups over a similar time period.

(02-09-2022, 03:26 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 10:34 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: yes it is a bad injury,and lots of times a player is never the same. There are some rare times though the player comes back the same as whn he got hurt.  Exsample Joe Burroew of Bengals. he tore his ACL  his rookie season,and is now in Super Bowl with the Bengals.

Outcomes of Lisfranc Injuries in the National Football League - PubMed (nih.gov)

Conclusion: More than 90% of NFL athletes who sustained Lisfranc injuries returned to play in the NFL at a median of 11.1 months from time of injury. Offensive and defensive players experienced a decrease in performance after return from injury that did not reach statistical significance compared with their respective control groups over a similar time period.

Silly Duke, we're looking for unrelated anecdotal evidence upon which to base our opinions!

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 05:19 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-09-2022, 03:26 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but it looks to me as if this quote is saying that, while the players coming back from the Lisfranc injury  saw a decrease in performance, it typically was not particularly significant relative to other players. Basically, that it often is not a career ending or career ruining injury. I also, only read this quote, not the entire study, so I don’t know if the other control groups consisted of players who sustained other injuries or players who weren’t injured or both. 

I’m still excited about ETN despite the injury. MJD came off a Lisfranc in his eighth season at almost 30 and had 1100 yards and 5 TDs. ETN is 21(?). Maybe he’ll never be what he would have been, or maybe he’ll have a shorter career than he otherwise would have, but he could still be a good NFL running back. BTW I don’t like that we picked him at 25.

(02-09-2022, 05:16 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 03:26 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: This study suggests otherwise:

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but it looks to me as if this quote is saying that, while the players coming back from the Lisfranc injury  saw a decrease in performance, it typically was not particularly significant relative to other players. Basically, that it often is not a career ending or career ruining injury. I also, only read this quote, not the entire study, so I don’t know if the other control groups consisted of players who sustained other injuries or players who weren’t injured or both. 

I’m still excited about ETN despite the injury. MJD came off a Lisfranc in his eighth season at almost 30 and had 1100 yards and 5 TDs. ETN is 21(?). Maybe he’ll never be what he would have been, or maybe he’ll have a shorter career than he otherwise would have, but he could still be a good NFL running back. BTW I don’t like that we picked him at 25.
He also only averaged 3.4 yards a carry which was a drop of over 4 yards a carry every season prior to the injury.

(02-09-2022, 05:47 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 05:16 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but it looks to me as if this quote is saying that, while the players coming back from the Lisfranc injury  saw a decrease in performance, it typically was not particularly significant relative to other players. Basically, that it often is not a career ending or career ruining injury. I also, only read this quote, not the entire study, so I don’t know if the other control groups consisted of players who sustained other injuries or players who weren’t injured or both. 

He also only averaged 3.4 yards a carry which was a drop of over 4 yards a carry every season prior to the injury.

I understand this, but again he was almost thirty and in his eighth year. Also, the MJD thing wasn’t central to the point of my post.

(02-09-2022, 06:05 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 05:47 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: He also only averaged 3.4 yards a carry which was a drop of over 4 yards a carry every season prior to the injury.

I understand this, but again he was almost thirty and in his eighth year. Also, the MJD thing wasn’t central to the point of my post.

Yeah I understand that, and I’m not one to say he can’t come back and be successful I was just saying it’s far from certain he’ll make a full recovery Corey grant was only young and never played again. There’s stories both ways it really will just be a let’s wait and see and hopefully for the best

(02-07-2022, 06:54 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: [Image: 64982g.jpg]

Haha that doesnt look right

Just substitute “Shad Khan” for “Jaguars Fans” and it all fits together

“But I wuv my widdle Baawke!” - Shad Khan’s response to MJD.

(02-09-2022, 05:16 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 03:26 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: This study suggests otherwise:

I don't read it that way at all.  They are referencing "statistical significance".  That's the term that statisticians use for irrelevant or meaningless.  While the study might have technically showed some decrease in average performance from players after the injury, this margin was so small that statisticians would ignore it as likely being coincidence or caused by other factors.  For example, if five running backs combined for 5,001 rushing yards in the season before the injury and 5,000 after the return, you could say that their performance "decreased".  However, I think most reasonable people would conclude the injury had no impact on their performance and the 1 yard decrease was likely unrelated.  (I'm not saying it was that close, but that's the concept.)