Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantastic Job Mr Khan! He took a ton of heat but got the guy we needed!

Oz-Johnnie makes some compelling points

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022, 10:34 AM by nejagsfan.)

(02-04-2022, 01:50 AM)Steelecrow Wrote: Why so long between the two interviews?

Reeks of desperation, not due diligence.

why don't you ask him

(02-04-2022, 03:32 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:21 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This is what happens when you do a thourough coaching search. 

Normally we rush them, and look where that's got us.

There was nothing thorough about this coaching search. This franchise fumbled around every corner and was lucky that they could scramble back into the only respectable HC candidate left because honestly nobody wants to take the other remaining HCing jobs.
proof? or just your opinion

(02-04-2022, 03:32 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:21 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This is what happens when you do a thourough coaching search. 

Normally we rush them, and look where that's got us.

There was nothing thorough about this coaching search. This franchise fumbled around every corner and was lucky that they could scramble back into the only respectable HC candidate left because honestly nobody wants to take the other remaining HCing jobs.
proof? or just your opinion

(02-04-2022, 09:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 07:43 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Yes, when it's all said and done, Kahn did an admirable job.i

No.  I like Shad Khan, but this process was horrible.  Where was the PR staff?   The number 1 goal should have been to hire someone who could best develop Trevor Lawrence and get this team on track.  Instead, the way they ran this process, it appeared their number 1 goal was to find someone who was willing to work with Trent Baalke.  This was a total PR disaster at the very least.  Khan made himself look absolutely clueless.  He made it look like he valued Trent Baalke more than he valued Trevor Lawrence.  He made himself look incompetent and uncaring.  It will be very hard to wash out that stain.  

We had fans swearing off season tickets.  We had fans giving up on the team.  What the heck is a PR department for, anyway, if you're not going to use them?  

Yeah, in the end we hired a good coach.  But this was a month long PR disaster and Shad Khan appears to be completely unaware of it.

I really like Shad Khan and I appreciate his keeping the team in Jacksonville, when a lot of other owners would have moved to a more profitable location.  But I wish he would put Tony in charge of the team as owner, and go off and run his bumper business.

I love these people sitting on their recliners at home saying it was a horrible process...as if they were a part of it or know exactly what was going on....

(02-05-2022, 10:39 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 09:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No.  I like Shad Khan, but this process was horrible.  Where was the PR staff?   The number 1 goal should have been to hire someone who could best develop Trevor Lawrence and get this team on track.  Instead, the way they ran this process, it appeared their number 1 goal was to find someone who was willing to work with Trent Baalke.  This was a total PR disaster at the very least.  Khan made himself look absolutely clueless.  He made it look like he valued Trent Baalke more than he valued Trevor Lawrence.  He made himself look incompetent and uncaring.  It will be very hard to wash out that stain.  

We had fans swearing off season tickets.  We had fans giving up on the team.  What the heck is a PR department for, anyway, if you're not going to use them?  

Yeah, in the end we hired a good coach.  But this was a month long PR disaster and Shad Khan appears to be completely unaware of it.

I really like Shad Khan and I appreciate his keeping the team in Jacksonville, when a lot of other owners would have moved to a more profitable location.  But I wish he would put Tony in charge of the team as owner, and go off and run his bumper business.

I love these people sitting on their recliners at home saying it was a horrible process...as if they were a part of it or know exactly what was going on....

I like the constant array of defenders of this farce of a franchise. We have seen this play out over and over again.  Winning would help but Khan sucks running an NFL franchise. He is good at dog parks, swimming pools and practice facilities but surrounds himself with losers.  And then people want to dunk on fans posting on a board forum for being fed up.

Look there is the possibility they didn't screw this up because Baalke was safe the whole time but Khan didn't have the stones to come out and say that now did he. Instead he deflected and allowed the sham of rumors and leaks about searches. People didn't make everything up even though reporting is at the lowest point of its existence.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-04-2022, 09:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No.  I like Shad Khan, but this process was horrible.  Where was the PR staff?   The number 1 goal should have been to hire someone who could best develop Trevor Lawrence and get this team on track.  Instead, the way they ran this process, it appeared their number 1 goal was to find someone who was willing to work with Trent Baalke.  This was a total PR disaster at the very least.  Khan made himself look absolutely clueless.  He made it look like he valued Trent Baalke more than he valued Trevor Lawrence.  He made himself look incompetent and uncaring.  It will be very hard to wash out that stain.  

It's not people on recliners at home, it's numerous sports journalists, former NFL players, etc. saying the same thing.  

While I personally would have preferred the combo of Leftwich/Wilson, Pederson isn't a horrible choice or anything - just kind of meh about it because of the drawn out, chaotic process.  But things are going to settle down in a few weeks and everyone will forget about this by draft time.

(02-04-2022, 10:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: People who think this was a successful hiring process are delusional. This has been the most dysfunctional hiring of an exclusive and prominent position I've ever seen.

oh here we go...lmao

Definition of "appear" - to seem; to give the impression of being.

I said "it appeared their number 1 goal was to find someone who was willing to work with Trent Baalke."  And I know that is true, because everyone on planet earth, except for a few people like maybe yourself, said they saw the same thing I saw.  So by definition, it appeared the number 1 goal was was not to find someone who could help develop Trevor Lawrence, but instead, to find someone who was willing to work with Trent Baalke.

(02-05-2022, 10:51 AM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 10:39 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: I love these people sitting on their recliners at home saying it was a horrible process...as if they were a part of it or know exactly what was going on....

It's not people on recliners at home, it's numerous sports journalists, former NFL players, etc. saying the same thing.  

While I personally would have preferred the combo of Leftwich/Wilson, Pederson isn't a horrible choice or anything - just kind of meh about it because of the drawn out, chaotic process.  But things are going to settle down in a few weeks and everyone will forget about this by draft time.

Its a process... which is why it took so long... hence PROCESS...ever think it was drawn out on purpose? Making sure they got it right

(02-04-2022, 11:27 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I disagree

Hell yeah bro, I'm stoked.  See you in the FA and draft thread

You don't offer the job to someone else if Pederson is your top guy.

who said they offered the job to somebody else? interviewing somebody is not necessarily offering them a job

(02-04-2022, 03:46 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:32 AM)Eric1 Wrote: There was nothing thorough about this coaching search. This franchise fumbled around every corner and was lucky that they could scramble back into the only respectable HC candidate left because honestly nobody wants to take the other remaining HCing jobs.

Lmao yeah okay. I'd bet money if we hired him on Black monday you'da been on here bashing them for not doing their due dilligence. clown

(02-05-2022, 10:54 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 10:51 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: It's not people on recliners at home, it's numerous sports journalists, former NFL players, etc. saying the same thing.  

Its a process... which is why it took so long... hence PROCESS...ever think it was drawn out on purpose? Making sure they got it right

Because only people here say it was a mess right?
Funny how it took less time for Bears, Giants and Vikings...

You defend everything about this team no matter what, just like you did with Urban and you even said he was a great coach and much better than Marrone you ended up looking like a clown... again! 
You laughed when someone compared our coaching staff to the Jets coaching staff saying ours was much better and there was no comparision LOL what happened to that great staff? why did we lose against them?

You only make yourself look like an idiot with every post you make.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022, 11:14 AM by nejagsfan.)

(02-04-2022, 02:45 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: What a ridiculous thread.  There were 33 days in between Pederson's 1st and 2nd interview.  If this works, Khan lucked into it.  If Baalke remains GM, it's still stupid as [BLEEP].

Fans like you are why Khan bumble [BLEEP] his way through team ownership.

Do you know what happened in those 33 days...or why... You don't..  you have no clue the process or what they were trying to do.... so shut up

(02-04-2022, 04:18 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 04:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Pederson wasn't going to take just any job, it had to be the right job.  Why interview if you're not interested but they are? With Trevor, Spielman, the cap space, the draft picks.  It was a perfect match for the former SB winning coach.

LOL.

OK, Karnak.  I didn't realize that you had psychic powers.

why not... seems like a certain people on here have psychic powers... they know exactly what happened in this process of finding a new coach

(02-05-2022, 11:10 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 02:45 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: What a ridiculous thread.  There were 33 days in between Pederson's 1st and 2nd interview.  If this works, Khan lucked into it.  If Baalke remains GM, it's still stupid as [BLEEP].

Fans like you are why Khan bumble [BLEEP] his way through team ownership.

Do you know what happened in those 33 days...or why... You don't..  you have no clue the process or what they were trying to do.... so shut up

(02-04-2022, 04:18 PM)RicoTx Wrote: LOL.

OK, Karnak.  I didn't realize that you had psychic powers.

why not... seems like a certain people on here have psychic powers... they know exactly what happened in this process of finding a new coach

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-05-2022, 10:39 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: I love these people sitting on their recliners at home saying it was a horrible process...as if they were a part of it or know exactly what was going on....

Clap clap clap. Good seal, Mr Khan has trained you well to accept your cold dead fish no matter how he serves it up. Clap clap clap.

(02-05-2022, 10:51 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 10:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: People who think this was a successful hiring process are delusional. This has been the most dysfunctional hiring of an exclusive and prominent position I've ever seen.

oh here we go...lmao

Laugh all you want, we know you're a moron.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-05-2022, 11:04 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:46 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lmao yeah okay. I'd bet money if we hired him on Black monday you'da been on here bashing them for not doing their due dilligence. clown

(02-05-2022, 10:54 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: Its a process... which is why it took so long... hence PROCESS...ever think it was drawn out on purpose? Making sure they got it right

Because only people here say it was a mess right?
Funny how it took less time for Bears, Giants and Vikings...

You defend everything about this team no matter what, just like you did with Urban and you even said he was a great coach and much better than Marrone you ended up looking like a clown... again! 
You laughed when someone compared our coaching staff to the Jets coaching staff saying ours was much better and there was no comparision LOL what happened to that great staff? why did we lose against them?

You only make yourself look like an idiot with every post you make.
LMAO I never said that about Urban and marrone you tool... all I said about Urban was its hard to evaluate a HC 7 weeks into a season with a 1-15 team...and idiots like you were like look he loves him...get your facts straight CLOWN...and seriously our coaches are worse then the jets because they beat us?  So in your theory our coaches are better than the Bill's because we beat them...lol moron.... the bears Giants and Vikings probably got it wrong...I mean seriously your basing it off of what the Giants are doing BAWAHHHH who looks like an idiot... and going by media reports that are mostly false or opinion.... congrats your post makes you look... well...like an idiot

(02-05-2022, 11:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 10:51 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: oh here we go...lmao

Rules for thee, not for me?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022, 11:38 AM by nejagsfan.)

(02-05-2022, 11:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 10:51 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: oh here we go...lmao

Let me know when you get that job in the front office and ACTUALLY know something.... moron

(02-05-2022, 11:35 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 11:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Laugh all you want, we know you're a moron.

Rules for thee, not for me?

Thats how he rolls

Actually, nejagsfan is spot on. You are the imbiciles, pretending you are/were in on every move during the hiring process. You conjure up scenarios that fit your desires, put them out there, they get mimicked over and over again and before long this fabricated nonsense is passed off as fact, like it was reported by Edward R. Murrow or something.

(02-05-2022, 11:36 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 11:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Laugh all you want, we know you're a moron.

Let me know when you get that job in the front office and ACTUALLY know something.... moron

(02-05-2022, 11:35 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Rules for thee, not for me?

Thats how he rolls
Well, to be fair, you are also guilty of some personal attacks as well but you are also not a moderator who can issue warnings to someone for breaking the rules.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-05-2022, 11:19 AM)Upper Wrote:

Clap clap clap. Good seal, Mr Khan has trained you well to accept your cold dead fish no matter how he serves it up. Clap clap clap.

oh so you must be one of the self made managers that I'm referring to... sitting in his recliner... So walk me through the process of what exactly happened behind closed doors.... not your opinion.... not so called media reports.... what exactly happened?