Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 talk

(09-10-2022, 03:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 03:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rams fans don’t like him. Sure.

What about the NFL players who made him a top 10 player? You seem to be glossing over that….

I was told that it was a popularity contest, it makes sense.  Bortles was a top 60

(09-10-2022, 03:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You are just trying to hyperbolize my opinions about a player that the vast majority of the football world sees the same way I do.  An elite corner with some bad outlier games - currently in need of proving that they are outliers and not the start of a major decline. And, of course, it should go without saying, but he's also one of the most extreme egomaniac cases the NFL has seen in some time. Often to his detriment. 

I'm not a "nut-hugger"

I'm not espousing how great he is. 

I've said zero about how good he was in any particular year vs another (that's all you, pal) 

I've never said that he was over or under rated. 

I don't feel a certain way about him because he was a Jag - If anything I'd hate him for screwing us over. 

I'm merely capable of looking at his career performance objectively without the hate goggles you have firmly glued to your face.
What post did I say he hasn't had a good career?  Can you quote that one?

You called him "the most overrated player in the game" in this thread. 

I'm not sure what narrowing the goalposts to "good career" is going to accomplish here, but you have never directly stated that he hasn't had a "good career." Only that it is currently in sharp decline and has been declining since 2017. 

Congratulations on being so reasonable, I guess? LOL

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's easy tp be right when the goalposts keep moving...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He burned the franchise and did it in a really sleazy way. Jags fans have plenty of reasons to hate him.

He’s also elite, a 1st ballot HOFer and currently ranked as the best corner in the league by his peers and many other outlets.

Both can be true if you’re being objective.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranki...onto-list/

This is just one of many rankings that has him #1.

Again. Hate the guy (like Tyreek Hill) but you can’t deny his elite play in the league.

(09-10-2022, 04:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He burned the franchise and did it in a really sleazy way. Jags fans have plenty of reasons to hate him.

He’s also elite, a 1st ballot HOFer and currently ranked as the best corner in the league by his peers and many other outlets.

Again. Hate the guy (like Tyreek Hill) but you can’t deny his elite play in the league.

Absolutely. I even defended his defection from the team because he realized he would never get the ability to showcase his true talent on a winning team, and oversized and obnoxious personality, in a small market franchise like Jacksonville. I did not condone his sleazy method of leaving the team, but being the completely self-absorbed jackass that he is, that was probably the only way he knew how.

(09-10-2022, 04:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He burned the franchise and did it in a really sleazy way. Jags fans have plenty of reasons to hate him.

Can't agree with this.  Certainly not yet.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2022, 06:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-10-2022, 04:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 03:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was told that it was a popularity contest, it makes sense.  Bortles was a top 60

What post did I say he hasn't had a good career?  Can you quote that one?

You called him "the most overrated player in the game" in this thread. 

I'm not sure what narrowing the goalposts to "good career" is going to accomplish here, but you have never directly stated that he hasn't had a "good career." Only that it is currently in sharp decline and has been declining since 2017. 

Congratulations on being so reasonable, I guess? LOL
He's had a good career bit has been highly overrated.

1st ballot HOF already?  He'll no

(09-10-2022, 02:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 01:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's not "a few fans here," it's 98% of the football world that consider Ramsey one of the best corners in the league. 

He's now had about 4 or 5 bad games with the rams.  That has fans concerned, and rightfully so if this trend continues. He looked terrible in the opener. 

The bulk of his body of work in the NFL makes him a top 5 corner, though, as much as you hate being wrong about it.
Pretty sure he made the top 10 list of top 100 players in the NFL….

He did this franchise dirty and has a massive ego but he usually backs it up on the field.

Go Trevor and go Jags!

Please. That list is a joke.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Have a feeling the Dolphins and Tua will have a big game with the additions of Hill Armstead  and Mostert

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 05:07 PM by mal234. Edited 2 times in total.)

We have had some interesting games in this first slate of games on opening day. Quite a few young QB's struggled at first and we had a couple of games that seemed never-ending.  The Bengals/Steelers one was wacky but fun lol. Joe Burrow had a pretty rough game at first with several turnovers. It was something that the Bengals was even in that game at the end of regulation and throughout OT. The kickers kept missing for both teams, but ultimately the Steelers won it after Trubisky helped them out on a free play. I think that Joe and the Bengals will bounce back and that the Steelers will have a solid season, continue to find ways to win. (Even with the potential loss of TJ Watt). The Steelers are well coached and run.

Regarding some of other games the Eagles looked pretty solid, and I think they will win their division. The 49ers lost a game they shouldn't have IMHO. On paper they definitely look like the better team than the Bears, but the Bears managed to fight back just enough to get the win. I am interested in seeing how things play out for both teams young QB's. Also, disappointing loss for Baker and the Panther who struggled offensively throughout their game against the Browns. Baker looked like he really couldn't throw/might have even had some sort of injury throughout much of that game. Granted he did come fighting back at the end, but the Browns got some good fortunate by making their 58-yarder kick. 

I believe the Browns run game will help keep them in some games this season, but that they aren't really strong enough at the QB position to go very far. (While Deshaun is suspended.) I am one that likes Jacoby Brissett, but he struggled today, and I wonder if he may struggle going forward.

Ouch, big blow to the Steelers.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...1293745158

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 06:40 PM by Caldrac.)

Something worth note. Green Bay down 20 to nothing after the first half. They came out committed to the run game. Still a game now. Think Rodgers has less than 20 pass attempts so far. 20 to 7 with a full quarter left and some change to spare in Q3.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Is it too late to forfeit the season? Mahomes is going to own the afc for the forseeable future. Im actually aftaid of the records he will set against us when we play kc

(09-11-2022, 07:18 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Is it too late to forfeit the season? Mahomes is going to own the afc for the forseeable future. Im actually aftaid of the records he will set against us when we play kc
Well, if you run the damn football and take control of the clock you can help yourself.

Arizona is overrated though. Not surprising Kansas City beat them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

T*tans Lose!

Lol

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 07:46 PM by mal234. Edited 2 times in total.)

Good win for the Giants. They almost gave the game away at the end with the unnecessary penalties but lucky for them the Titans kickers missed the FG. Brian Daboll did a good job today in his debut as their HC. He held Daniel Jones accountable for his interception and then energized the team by letting them go for it on that 2pt attempt towards the end of the game. That was a gutsy call and it ended up paying off. Good start for them against a team that was favored against them. Now there are currently no AFC teams that have wins this first week and the Jags are still technically in the mix lol.

Also, I continue to be impressed by Justin Herbert. He is fun to watch and him the Chargers once again look solid. KC had a good outing against the Cardinals and the Packers and Aaron Rodgers struggled against a Vikings team that also had a good debut with their new HC Kevin O'Connell.

Justin Jefferson reminds me of Jerry Rice. Crazy good

Dak has been shaky so far in this game. The Cowboys are fortunate that their defense, especially Micah Parson is contributing and preventing this game from getting away from them. Two nice sacks from Micah so far preventing the Bucs from scoring TD's. It also looked like Brady was a bit upset with one of his linemen at the end of that drive.

(09-11-2022, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Justin Jefferson reminds me of Jerry Rice.  Crazy good

I wanted us to draft JJ when he was coming out....

Ugh, the missed opportunities sting bad.