Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gene Smith Era is almost done

Its actually pretty funny going back and rewatching games and focusing in on #93. The guy is straight trash. He gets no push. Alot of the time when trying to get to the QB, he just stands in one spot and tries to hand fight the OL in front of him. It looks like he's playing patty cakes. It's almost as funny as andre branch trying to windmill around the edge. Great pass rusher lol.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Its actually pretty funny going back and rewatching games and focusing in on #93. The guy is straight trash. He gets no push. Alot of the time when trying to get to the QB, he just stands in one spot and tries to hand fight the OL in front of him. It looks like he's playing patty cakes. It's almost as funny as andre branch trying to windmill around the edge. Great pass rusher lol.
Lol people have no idea what a good dlineman looks like, they need Jeff Lags to rock them to sleep every night.

Are you really arguing that Alualu is a good player?  He is a decent role player at best.  If his draft could of been redone I would taken him no higher than a third round.  Decent but not good.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 08:05 PM by Joe.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000554592/Jaguars-vs-Buccaneers-highlights'>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000554592/Jaguars-vs-Buccaneers-highlights</a>

Was seriously looking for some sort of lowlight film for Alualu, then I realized all you have to do is watch his play from the 3rd preseason game.

Lol dude is straight trash. Careful pirk, not that you're ever going to come back with a rebuttal, but be warned that none of these plays contain an INT or a reception.

Please... Tell me the embarrassment just didn't embarrass you.

Quote:My mistake then, I apologize Pirkster.

Go on, you're not finished yet.  You also lied about what I've not said about Alualu.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000554592/Jaguars-vs-Buccaneers-highlights'>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000554592/Jaguars-vs-Buccaneers-highlights</a>

Was seriously looking for some sort of lowlight film for Alualu, then I realized all you have to do is watch his play from the 3rd preseason game.

Lol dude is straight trash. Careful pirk, not that you're ever going to come back with a rebuttal, but be warned that none of these plays contain an INT or a reception.

Careful, you're going to be even more embarrassed after being reminded of the thread I handed it to you last time...

Don't crush your psyche by spending too much time in it.

https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/to.../?p=226333

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;margin-left:40px;">"Who's apologizing for him?

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;margin-left:40px;">Yes, he has been disappointing and was both a reach and a bust.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;margin-left:40px;">I'd think that any sane person would hope he plays better.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;margin-left:40px;">That doesn't equate to him being "useless" and a so-called non contributor.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;margin-left:40px;">Draft status has a huge affect on perception, and it should.  You should get what you pay for.  A guy like Alualu who hasn't justified his first round selection is rightly deemed a disappointment, but a seventh round contributor like Rob Meier achieves folk hero status.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;margin-left:40px;">That doesn't mean he's not valuable in a rotational role.  And if they choose to keep him any longer, any compensation should reflect that.  But, it's up to him to earn it.  If he gets pushed down so far he gets cut, that's on him.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;margin-left:40px;">The bottom line is, he's certainly no Henderson or Stroud like you would expect from such a high pick, but he's no Derrick Harvey, either.  He has been useful, just not nearly as much as you'd expect from the selection."

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Lol it's been over, it was over year one when we had something like a 60% roster turn over.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 10:50 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Careful, you're going to be even more embarrassed after being reminded of the thread I handed it to you last time...

Don't crush your psyche by spending too much time in it.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/5397-bigcatcountry-continues-to-try-and-prop-up-alualu-as-a-solid-player/?p=226333'>https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/5397-bigcatcountry-continues-to-try-and-prop-up-alualu-as-a-solid-player/?p=226333</a>

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">"Who's apologizing for him?

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Yes, he has been disappointing and was both a reach and a bust.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">I'd think that any sane person would hope he plays better.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">That doesn't equate to him being "useless" and a so-called non contributor.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Draft status has a huge affect on perception, and it should. You should get what you pay for. A guy like Alualu who hasn't justified his first round selection is rightly deemed a disappointment, but a seventh round contributor like Rob Meier achieves folk hero status.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">That doesn't mean he's not valuable in a rotational role. And if they choose to keep him any longer, any compensation should reflect that. But, it's up to him to earn it. If he gets pushed down so far he gets cut, that's on him.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">The bottom line is, he's certainly no Henderson or Stroud like you would expect from such a high pick, but he's no Derrick Harvey, either. He has been useful, just not nearly as much as you'd expect from the selection."
Still no rebuttal, huh?

Yawn. Keep telling yourself what you want to hear pirk. What did you read in that thread? That whole thread crushed you, not just me.

Lol pathetic. Must of been the mom joke.

*** EDIT***

Lol good thing you forgot to post this gem. It's literally on the next page.Here's an post where you tried to tell me an INT was a typical good play Big Ends Make.

Gee whaddya know, you got destroyed. Lmao this is way too easy pirk, sorry I just made your psyche my [BLEEP].

pirkster, on 19 Jun 2014 - 2:40 PM, said:

Well, there's this INT that sealed the first road win in 2011.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/v...0d3a/Alualu-INT'>http://www.nfl.com/v...0d3a/Alualu-INT</a>

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Are you kidding me dude? That was a really pathetic attempt at saving your argument

I said " 4th and 1 stop ", not a fluke. I said a 4th and 1 stop because, ya know, that would be a good play by a defensive lineman.

Dealing with Tyson Alualu apologist is hilarious.

" Dont use sack totals to judge Alualu!!!!"

You're right, lets just use interceptions (not caused by anything he did BTW) to judge him. Derrick Harvey had an INT his first regular season game as a Jaguar, people always used to say he was good against the run too, does that make him a " solid " Dlineman?

You're a freaking joke kid.

Edited by Joe, 20 June 2014 - 12:32 AM.

Seriously, why would you bring up that thread? Why would you do that to yourself? You needed a rape kit after it was finished.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000554592/Jaguars-vs-Buccaneers-highlights'>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000554592/Jaguars-vs-Buccaneers-highlights</a>

I'm not sure why you picked this game. Alualu was only in two of those plays, the first and the last.

The first play he caused a pile up at the intended hole and the RB bounced outside. That is exactly what he was supposed to do. The containment missed that play.

The last play he went low and forced the RB to have to leap over the top. That's just a good play by the RB.

Like I said, I'm not sure why you picked this game. It doesn't show Alualu getting beat.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 11:11 PM by Joe.)

Quote:I'm not sure why you picked this game. Alualu was only in two of those plays, the first and the last.

The first play he caused a pile up at the intended hole and the RB bounced outside. That is exactly what he was supposed to do. The containment missed that play.

The last play he went low and forced the RB to have to leap over the top. That's just a good play by the RB.

Like I said, I'm not sure why you picked this game. It doesn't show Alualu getting beat.
Lol what? You have no idea as to what you're watching. He's in three plays for one, and he got destroyed in 2, completely non existent in the third.

The first, he got his [BLEEP] kicked so bad he fell backward into a pile. If you watch that play and think that it was intended, you need to stop listening to Pirkster. No coach tells a dlineman to get driven back until the guard punks you into a pile of your own teammates. Please... Stop acting like you know what's going on.

The second play he's playing 3, and the LG handles him EASILY.

The third is the goaline play where he does nothing.

Do you know what they tell you to do if you're getting your [BLEEP] kicked as a dlineman? Create a pile.

Hes in 3 plays because

1. He doesn't start

2. I'm not allowed to post full NFL games

3. I'm on vacation and don't feel like searching for NFL highlights that feature a backup, garbage Tyson Alualu.

I picked this game because it's recent. Not a sack he had 7 years ago like Porkster.

Find a game where he does good. Find a game where he does good even as a backup.

I'll wait.

Quote:If you truly believe that, you're a bigger douchbag than you portray yourself to be. Was he overdrafted? Perhaps so, which wasn't something he had any control over. But, contrary to your belief, he's been a solid player which is why he's still here. And by the way, we've got a bevy of cheerleaders to demonstrate team spirit..

PERHAPS? Yeah, he was really worth 10th overall...

Lunatics on this bored defending the trash until their blue in the face. He sucks bro. He's the Joekel of the Dline. Gets thrown on his but at least once a game.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:PERHAPS? Yeah, he was really worth 10th overall...

Lunatics on this bored defending the trash until their blue in the face. He sucks bro. He's the Joekel of the Dline. Gets thrown on his but at least once a game.
Literally their only excuse now is "he has a job".

Quote:Literally their only excuse now is "he has a job".

So does sprinkles Bradley. Doesn't mean anything.

Quote:I don't get the hatred for Alualu. He's no world beater but he is a solid player who makes contributions. Was he overdrafted? Absolutely. Should that automatically define him as "trash"? No, not at all.

But then again I've never seen this board as a fortress of logic and reason

This is a thread about Gene Smith. The fact that Alualu was badly overdrafted is pertinent to this thread. Defending Alualu by claiming he has value as a backup changes nothing with regards to Gene Smith.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:This is a thread about Gene Smith. The fact that Alualu was badly overdrafted is pertinent to this thread. Defending Alualu by claiming he has value as a backup changes nothing with regards to Gene Smith.

The world laughed at us when we drafted him. So embarrassing. ..

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 11:44 PM by Predator.)

Quote:Lol what? You have no idea as to what you're watching. He's in three plays for one, and he got destroyed in 2, completely non existent in the third.

The first, he got his [BAD WORD REMOVED] kicked so bad he fell backwards into a pile.

The second play he's playing 3, and the LG handles him EASILY.

The third is the goaline play where he does nothing.

Do you know what they tell you to do if you're getting your [BAD WORD REMOVED] kicked as a dlineman? Create a pile.

Hes in 3 plays because

1. He doesn't start

2. I'm not allowed to post full NFL games

3. I'm on vacation and don't feel like searching for NFL highlights that feature a backup, garbage Tyson Alualu.

I picked this game because it's recent. Not a sack he had 7 years ago like Porkster.

Find a game where he does good. Find a game where he does good even as a backup.

I'll wait.
Actually, you are getting your but kicked as an offensive lineman if you let the defensive lineman clog up the hole that the play is designed for. That is the main job of a DT on a running play. He filled his gap and forced the RB to improvise. If Skuta didn't blow his containment, that was a negative play. So don't try to tell me I don't know what I'm looking at. That is football 101 that you don't seem to understand.

You can only show one play in the entire game where he gets pushed back. 1 play in the entire game.

I mean seriously, you blame the guy who wasn't on the field for most of the bad plays and your retort is that there must be other bad plays we can't see. Lame.

If you are to lazy or ill informed to back up your statements, then don't make them.

This is why no one can take your criticism seriously. You don't even have a clue as to what you are looking at.

Quote:Are you really arguing that Alualu is a good player?  He is a decent role player at best.  If his draft could of been redone I would taken him no higher than a third round.  Decent but not good.

If I recall,  the consensus back in 2010 was Tyson Alualu was a 2nd round type of player.   A strong case can certainly be made that his collective contribution with the Jaguars is more reflective of a 3rd Round pick,  which is more along the lines of your opinion.

My two cents on arguably the # 1 reason why Alualu is still with the Jaguars is his versatility.   He doesn't stand out in any particular area but is the type of player that does enough things that enables to Jaguars to save a game day roster spot.  

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2016, 12:36 AM by Joe.)

Quote:Actually, you are getting your but kicked as an offensive lineman if you let the defensive lineman clog up the hole that the play is designed for. That is the main job of a DT on a running play. He filled his gap and forced the RB to improvise. If Skuta didn't blow his containment, that was a negative play. So don't try to tell me I don't know what I'm looking at. That is football 101 that you don't seem to understand.

You can only show one play in the entire game where he gets pushed back. 1 play in the entire game.

I mean seriously, you blame the guy who wasn't on the field for most of the bad plays and your retort is that there must be other bad plays we can't see. Lame.

If you are to lazy or ill informed to back up your statements, then don't make them.

This is why no one can take your criticism seriously. You don't even have a clue as to what you are looking at.
Lol nice to see you finally realized he had three plays and edited that out.

You do know he's #93, correct?

Tyson Alualu clogged that hole by getting his butt put in the dirt. Do you know what happens if... Oh I don't know... He doesn't get destroyed and actually beats his man? Doug Martin would of ran directly into him.

It is seriously painful to see you act like you know what u r talking about. He gets driven back so bad he falls backward over his teammates. Again, if he beat his man, that play goes for zero.

Do you know what happens if a dlineman just falls down and clogs his gap against an NFL RB, that's not in a goaline/ short yardage situation? The RB counters and runs around him... Which ya know... Is exactly what happened (except Tyson didn't just fall down, he got driven back three yards and tossed)

Seriously, a DTs main job on a running play is to fall on his [BLEEP]? You do know what play action is, correct? If the DTs just clog their gap on a PA pass, and only the DEs are rushing, you really think that means the offensive guards lost? You do know DTs read RBs, right? Causing a pile is either a last resort, or a tactic used for short downs. You don't get credit for causing a pile for getting driven back and put on your [BLEEP].

You don't even know football 101 kid. Do you seriously think Tyson goes " Ok, on this play I'm going to let him drive me three to five yards back until he throws me on my back?". Lmbo, you probably do.

Btw love how in one post u went from " none of those plays show him getting beat" to " he got driven back on 1 play". Keep panicking.

Lol no one takes my claim seriously? Like who, you? The guy who thinks getting put on your [BLEEP] is better than beating your man and making a tackle? The guy who can't tell the difference from causing a pile to getting your [BLEEP] kicked and tossed?Or the other people on here that were on this dudes jock until they ran out of excuses? Lol if you clowns ever agreed with me I would cry. I called him a bust years ago and peoples heads exploded. Now it's " Perhaps he was over drafted".

lol oh no! People who have no idea what they're talking about don't agree with me! I've been preaching to people about how bad Alualu is for a while now, and the same crew says the whole " no one takes your critisim seriously" line, as Tysons playing time decreases year by year.

Funny how things turn out, huh?

Quote:Lol nice to see you finally realized he had three plays and edited that out.

You do know he's #93, correct?

Tyson Alualu clogged that hole by getting his butt put in the dirt. Do you know what happens if... Oh I don't know... He doesn't get destroyed and actually beats his man? Doug Martin would of ran directly into him.

It is seriously painful to see you act like you know what u r talking about. He gets driven back so bad he falls backward over his teammates. Again, if he beat his man, that play goes for zero.

Do you know what happens if a dlineman just falls down and clogs his gap against an NFL RB? The RB counters and runs around him... Which ya know... Is exactly what happened (except Tyson didn't just fall down, he got driven back three yards and tossed)

Seriously, a DTs main job on a running play is to fall on his [BAD WORD REMOVED]? You do know what play action is, correct? You do know DTs read RBs, right? Causing a pile is either a last resort, or a tactic used for short downs. You don't get credit for causing a pile for getting driven back and put on your [BAD WORD REMOVED].

You don't even know football 101 kid.

Btw love how in one post u went from " none of those plays show him getting beat" to " he got driven back on 1 play". Keep panicking.

Lol no one takes my claim seriously? Like who, you? The guy who thinks getting put on your [BAD WORD REMOVED] is better than beating your man and making a tackle? Or the other people on here that were on this dudes jock until they ran out of excuses? I called him a bust years ago and peoples heads exploded. Now it's " Perhaps he was over drafted".

lol oh no! People who have no idea what they're talking about don't agree with me! I've been preaching to people about how bad Alualu is for a while now, and the same crew says the whole " no one takes your critisim seriously" line, as Tysons playing time decreases year by year.

You should start taking it seriously. If anything, it's better than the crap you are saying .
You don't even know what a DT's responsibility is and you are trying to discuss football?  LOL!

Only a tool who show a game clip that shows everyone else but the player who he is trying to criticize making the mistakes.

Learn some basic football before you come talking to me.

You are a joke. But then again maybe that's the best thing you have to offer is being the town fool.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2016, 01:20 AM by Joe.)

Quote:You don't even know what a DT's responsibility is and you are trying to discuss football? LOL!

Only a tool who show a game clip that shows everyone else but the player who he is trying to criticize making the mistakes.

Learn some basic football before you come talking to me.

You are a joke. But then again maybe that's the best thing you have to offer is being the town fool.
Hahaha you think the only way to win your gap is to get destroyed and put on ur back? You do know one of the main rules of a dlineman is to not lose ground right?

Lol of course you didn't, you don't know anything about football.

Forget a tool, only a dumb [BLEEP] would think that getting dry humped 4 yards off the ball was part of the plan.

I want you to answer this question. What would of happened if Tyson beat his man on that play? Seriously, don't ignore this, I know you will because you're scared, but I want you to answer it.

You seriously thought Tyson intended to get driven back and put on the ground. Basic football? I wouldn't even come to you for Madden tips. Lmbo " before You come talking to me", its blatantly obvious you are football [BLEEP], if I came to you with " basic football" you'd have a brain aneurysm.

Keep panicking kid.