Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gene Smith Era is almost done

With Ryan Davis getting cut, there are only 3 players left from the Gene Smith Era.

Chad Henne who might be gone after this season

Paul Posluszny who also might be gone after this season if the team decides to use Myles Jack at MLB

Tyson Alualu he was Gene's first ever draft pick and somehow he is still on the team. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wasnt Monroe Genes first pick

If Alualu is still here, and he never makes a play, is he really still here?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Wasnt Monroe Genes first pick
Monroe was drafted in 2009.  I thought Gene's drafts were 2010-2012

Quote:Wasn't Monroe Genes first pick?

Yes, Alualu came a year later.

Quote:Monroe was drafted in 2009.  I thought Gene's drafts were 2010-2012

Gene's first draft was in 2009.

Quote:Gene's first draft was in 2009.
this! Shack Harris final draft was in 2008 the Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves draft

I guess Gene was here longer than I thought.  Which makes his 3 acquisitions look even worst.  Heck Shaq Harris has as many draft picks, 1, on the current roster as Gene does. 

Quote:this! Shack Harris final draft was in 2008 the Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves draft

... and Gene Smith had equal say in that draft.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

The fact that Alualu is still here should tell you boneheads that he's doing something right and you're not as smart as you think you are....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:The fact that Alualu is still here should tell you boneheads that he's doing something right and you're not as smart as you think you are....

The guy stinks. You can find somebody off the scrap heap that gets zero pressure, sheds no blocks, and chips in a few plays as a FB.

Only reason he is kept is because he's one of Gus' buddies and he competes his tail off and demonstrates his spirit man!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Thank God.

We're still digging ourselves out of that era and the lack of talent it left us.

Quote:The guy stinks. You can find somebody off the scrap heap that gets zero pressure, sheds no blocks, and chips in a few plays as a FB.

Only reason he is kept is because he's one of Gus' buddies and he competes his tail off and demonstrates his spirit man!
If you truly believe that, you're a bigger douchbag than you portray yourself to be.  Was he overdrafted? Perhaps so, which wasn't something he had any control over. But, contrary to your belief, he's been a solid player which is why he's still here. And by the way, we've got a bevy of cheerleaders to demonstrate team spirit..

Quote:I guess Gene was here longer than I thought.  Which makes his 3 acquisitions look even worst.  Heck Shaq Harris has as many draft picks, 1, on the current roster as Gene does. 

Gene Smith was an original Jaguar as a scout and promoted to GM after the 2008 season.

Quote:The fact that Alualu is still here should tell you boneheads that he's doing something right and you're not as smart as you think you are....

The fact that Alualu was picked #10 overall was doing something terribly wrong.

Quote:The fact that Alualu was picked #10 overall was doing something terribly wrong.
* See post # 13

That era ended for me the moment Caldwell drafted his quarterback. 

Gene Smith's Era ended when he was released. Only his selected players remained...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:That era ended for me the moment Caldwell drafted his quarterback. 

It ended for everyone the day Gene Smith was fired.

Quote:It ended for everyone the day Gene Smith was fired.

Denial. Not just a river in Egypt.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.