Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My thoughts through first 2 preseason games

Quote:I think it's because he wasn't even blocked on that play. Regardless people are being a bit over dramatic now about his lack of production and before when he was crushing our oline. People need to settle down on making certain statements until we've seen more, but that's normal.

Yup like I said earlier he only played like 6 total series this preseason, not enough time to judge a guy, defiantly not a pass rusher 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yup like I said earlier he only played like 6 total series this preseason, not enough time to judge a guy, defiantly not a pass rusher

Well that's the thing. He'll normally play what? 50-60 snaps a game? He's played all of 15-20 now. A DE who averages 1 sack a game is top of the league. Fowler hasn't even played half a game worth of reps and was out of football for a year.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:We'll and that's the thing. He'll normally play what? 50-60 snaps a game? He's played all of 15-20 now. A DE who averages 1 sack a game is top of the league. Fowler hasn't even played half a game worth of reps and was out of football for a year.

Too much logic. Might make the board explode.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Yeah that's right. Now that you say that I remember. I was feeling too lazy to Google. Thank you.

Foles would've been a great option. I wonder why we didn't even bother to look at him?

Alright after sleeping on it, regarding the backup QB I was thinking. As bad as Chad looked last night, and it was BAD, could it be possible that Henne is manageable with the 1st team offense and a week of actual game planning? I am in no way defending him, really I am not. There is no doubt that against rookies and 2nd/3rd teammers last night Chad should have been able to move the ball. It was almost as if he looked lost out there?  That being said, I just feel with all the weapons we have on offense, combined with a week of game planning he can't be THAT bad right? Robinson would bail him out on some balls, Ivory/Yeldon would move the chains a bit, Thomas could be his key check down guy, and maybe Hurns/Lee can make some plays for him. I am sure Olsen would detail a very vanilla gameplan for him if they needed him. 

Maybe? Lets just hope we never have to find out! 

Quote:Yannick i thought looks pretty good. The only one sniffing the QB.
[Image: 2renl7s.jpg]

sniff, sniff

Quote:[Image: 2renl7s.jpg]

sniff, sniff

Someone was very happy they had somewhere to go with the football. That looks downright scary.

Quote:Coming out of college he was pegged as a guy that didn't have any moves and was making his (paltry amount of) QB hits and sacks by coming in unblocked. Looks like the knock on him was correct so far.

Andre Branch 2.0? Maybe not, but he's definitely going to need proper coaching and desire if he's going to develop into a guy worthy of a top 5 pick.
Fowler had the most QB hits in the draft. 17 QB hits was the most I have seen from an edge rusher out of college.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

I'm disappointed that Fowler did not eat any babies or bite off any heads last night, complete and utter bust

Quote:You are correct. He stunted on the play. It was a perfect display of his athleticism. He came around, found an open spot in the o-line and exploded through it. I will say, I think Yannick is a more polished pass rusher right now only because his motion is never wasted. When those guys get some experience and figure things out they could be a scary tandem. We have to be patient. They are rookies. 
Actually, I think it's closer to proof that Dante has to be schemed into getting his pressures...much like he did at UF. 

Quote:Actually, I think it's closer to proof that Dante has to be schemed into getting his pressures...much like he did at UF.
was considered the best edge rusher in the draft but he needed to be schemed into getting his pressures? Uh no

Fowler looks like what I feared he would look like. At florida he didn't shed blocks he beat people with speed. If he couldn't beat them off the line and someone squares up on him he struggles.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

LOL, ya'll are hilarious!

Post Injury: He wasn't even that good in college, I think he'll suck

Camp Highlights: Holy crap! He looks like Von Miller!!!

Post Scrimmage: Wow, what a beast. He's special, look at him BEND

Post Game: What the [BLEEP]? He didn't get 10 sacks in 4 minutes? 

Get real, you clowns.

He's played what? 5 minutes just like every other starter before we pulled them out? Justin Houston and Von Miller average one or two sacks every game, but here's the catch - they play FOUR QUARTERS. He got some pressures and had a high motor, stop freaking out.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 06:52 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:Actually, I think it's closer to proof that Dante has to be schemed into getting his pressures...much like he did at UF. 
Didn't need scheme rushes to dominate Kentucky. Go re-watch some of his games

What Sosa said
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:1. Offense looks great. The running game looks like it will be a strong point for us. I love what Ivory brings.

2. Defense looks soild but continues to lack pass rush. A weak point for years on this team.

3. Special Teams still looking shaky but our new punter looks good. Our coverage units so far looking questionable.

4. PENALTIES hurting us early on and to be honest team looks undisciplined and that falls on coaching. Gus needs to step up his game.

5. Fowler stuggling early and all the camp hype has been silenced. Yannick looking better the first 2 games so far. Hopefully he picks it up.

6.Oline looking solid right now, hopefully everyone stays healthy.

Overall, looking better than last year but the lack of pass rush continues to haunt this team. Big test Next week against the Bengals.

Oh and Henne is so bad. We should just cut him because we are doomed if Blake goes down.
If you posted like this all the time, people would leave you alone. Well done! :thumbsup:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Bringing in Hardy with hardly no pass rush doesnt look so bad now does it?

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Bringing in Hardy with hardly no pass rush doesnt look so bad now does it?

Hardly no pass rush?  They had three pressures on 8 passing downs versus Winston/Bucs yesterday. After that, the second team defense came out. 

Is pressure on 37.5% of passing downs considered "no pressure??" 

Dante's production was mostly schemed at UF.  He is kind of the blue chip version of Ryan Davis.  When blockers got their hands on Dante, he was shut down.  He lacks consistent counter moves and the power to walk tackles back.  He is never going to be the 12+ sack dominant Leo that everyone wants, but he can still be the guy that gets you 6-10 well timed sacks per year if you are creative with him.

I was excited seeing some of the things from Dante early in camp, but he still has a long way to go as a pure pass rusher.