Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My thoughts through first 2 preseason games

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016, 10:20 PM by BklynJag.)

1. Offense looks great. The running game looks like it will be a strong point for us. I love what Ivory brings.

2. Defense looks soild but continues to lack pass rush. A weak point for years on this team.

3. Special Teams still looking shaky but our new punter looks good. Our coverage units so far looking questionable.

4. PENALTIES hurting us early on and to be honest team looks undisciplined and that falls on coaching. Gus needs to step up his game.

5. Fowler stuggling early and all the camp hype has been silenced. Yannick looking better the first 2 games so far. Hopefully he picks it up.

6.Oline looking solid right now, hopefully everyone stays healthy.

Overall, looking better than last year but the lack of pass rush continues to haunt this team. Big test Next week against the Bengals.

Oh and Henne is so bad. We should just cut him because we are doomed if Blake goes down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016, 10:21 PM by JackCity.)

Solid post Bklyn. You're a changed man?

Quote:1. Offense looks great. The running game looks like it will be a strong point for us. I love what Ivory brings.

2. Defense looks soild but continues to lack pass rush. A weak point for years on this team.

3. Special Teams still looking shaky but our new punter looks good. Our coverage units so far looking questionable.

4. PENALTIES hurting us early on and to be honest team looks undisciplined and that falls on coaching. Gus needs to step up his game.

5. Fowler stuggling early and all the camp hype has been silenced. Yannick looking better the first 2 games so far. Hopefully he picks it up.

6.Oline looking solid right now, hopefully everyone stays healthy.

Overall, looking better than last year but the lack of pass rush continues to haunt this team. Big test Next week against the Bengals.

Oh and Henne is so bad. We should just cut him because we are doomed if Blake goes down.

Offense gonna have a big year this year.. The run game will be the biggest improvement.

That Defense just need to gel.. I notice Alualu playing with the 1's.. They have to find the best and most effective rotations.. Right now it looks like they are still figuring that out...

Fowler looks like rookie to me.. He also always look gased! And he dont finish plays.

Special teams coverage sucks... We need to just kick out the endzone everytime...

Oline looks better then i would have thought, but this is preseason...

Henne is well Henne!! He sucks .. But he is our backup! Smh... I dont care about his relationship with Bortles,he needs to go..

Brandon Allen looks terrible.  I had the Jags keeping 3 QB's but now I think they will only keep 2 with one more on the practice squad and right now I think Max Wittek looks better than Allen.

Quote:Brandon Allen looks terrible. I had the Jags keeping 3 QB's but now I think they will only keep 2 with one more on the practice squad and right now I think Max Wittek looks better than Allen.

Hmmm ..

Main objective:

KEEP BLAKE BORTLES HEALTHY.

If he goes down, our season is doomed. 

We need to increase the QB talent behind Bortles.

Quote:We need to increase the QB talent behind Bortles.

This. Our QB's outside Blake are awful. Wish we had Prescott.

Special Teams and penalties have been a big negative for us 2 weeks in a row.

Our offense however looks like the next Greatest Show on Turf. They really seem to be clicking and Bortles is zoned in.

Ramsey looked pretty darn good in his 1st game. Defense in general has been solid but nothing eye popping.

Quote:This. Our QB's outside Blake are awful. Wish we had Prescott.
I wouldn't be opposed to drafting one in he 3rd-4th Rd next year or signing a proven vet as a backup.

Jalen Ramsey looks like he is going to be a star

Quote:Brandon Allen looks terrible. I had the Jags keeping 3 QB's but now I think they will only keep 2 with one more on the practice squad and right now I think Max Wittek looks better than Allen.

Nope.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I wouldn't be opposed to drafting one in he 3rd-4th Rd next year or signing a proven vet as a backup.

On a side note, isn't it nice to be looking for a backup QB and not a starting one?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016, 10:54 PM by tealfootball.)

One thing is clear besides the absurd amount of penalties, and that is the overall depth of this team.  There are areas, such as the 2nd string QB spot, that need improvement.

Quote:Brandon Allen looks terrible.  I had the Jags keeping 3 QB's but now I think they will only keep 2 with one more on the practice squad and right now I think Max Wittek looks better than Allen.
I look better than Wittek at QB.

Jalen looked awesome. He brings intensity and a swagger to that defense by just being out there.

I think Dave should look for a QB around the league after roster cuts.

Quote:I think Dave should look for a QB around the league after roster cuts.

If he doesn't then he should get his head checked.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016, 11:01 PM by Best84.)

Is uncle Rico or Shane Falco healthy and available?

I'm happy Fowler is getting his reality check now