Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags looking to trade depth

I may be in the minority but I hope we don't go trading depth its not like we're a dynasty there's still tons of questions on this roster. What we think is depth might end up being front and center at some point.

Especially on the dline. What if Fowler struggles or gets hurt, what if marks isn't the same, what if Malik is another Hugh Douglas?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If alualu gets traded for anything more than a long snapper hell will freeze over.

One of the worst d lineman I have ever seen.
You must not have seen many?

He's really not that bad.

Not his fault Jean Smiff drafted him top ten lol

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2016, 12:40 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:@alexmarvez As referenced by @MarkdominikESPN, on @SIRIUSXM NFL, @Jaguars so deep at some spots (DL/TEs) team hopes to trade depth at end of preseason

Hmmmmmm interesting.
Nice, just getting 5th, 6th and 7th round picks can but huge, and help in other trades moving up in the draft and stuff

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:There are only a few guys even tradable. Marks, Poz, and Davis come to mind. Maybe Joke? I have no idea.
Teams trade for unnone un proven players all the time, just for late round picks or conditional picks, they scout these players from college and preseason games

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:How about Gratz? I know they want to use him as the nickel the first 4 weeks, but Ramsey could do it. I'd rather keep Nick Marshall than Gratz.

Nobody is trading anything for Gratz
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

I feel like a ton of posters missed that the tweet talked about trading players at TE and DL.

I don't even consider TE deep. Which is why I don't believe this rumor what so ever.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:If your franchise qb is getting killed and you can find him some adequate protection short term, you do it
Yeah! Let's trade an above average defensive player for some player like Joeckel/Beadles!

Quote:Yeah! Let's trade an above average defensive player for some player like Joeckel/Beadles!

An above average defensive player 2 years ago, when he was healthy and under the age of 30. Marks for a starting caliber tackle would be a good deal for us, depending on who it is.

Quote:An above average defensive player 2 years ago, when he was healthy and under the age of 30. Marks for a starting caliber tackle would be a good deal for us, depending on who it is.
He's 29, and was doing very well last season before he got injured. He missed one season and we're acting like he's garbage now, lol. 

It's not at all that he's garbage, those are your words not mine. I'm saying we just paid a guy to take Marks' spot, and Marks is going to be a backup for the rest of his time here barring injury. Backup DT for a starting LT, again depending on who it is, would be a good deal for the Jags. Joeckel isn't the answer, Beachum isn't going to be fully ready for a while, and we have no depth. There's guys that can back up Malik Jackson. Marks is a good player but he's expendable if it helps out the weakest spot on the team.

Quote:...and Marks is going to be a backup for the rest of his time here...

Of any position on the field that sees rotation, his position will see the most.  "Backup" is not the most accurate description for Marks' role. He'd get a healthy number of snaps. 

If you have a lot of confidence in Bennett and Day, and want to give them a lot more playing time - maybe Marks becomes expendable.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

It's not like we're going to trade one of our backups or 3rd stringers for anyone that would significantly upgrade our oline depth. It would just be another body.

Any upgrade will come from FA/Draft next offseason.

Quote:Of any position on the field that sees rotation, his position will see the most. "Backup" is not the most accurate description for Marks' role. He'd get a healthy number of snaps.

I can agree with that, but I still think he would get more playing time and be more valuable to some other team. I think he's our best shot at upgrading our Oline for 2016, and I think that's a more important contribution than anything he's going to do as a rotational defensive lineman this year, or in the future.

I would rather trade extra DL for an OG or C and let Beachum / Joekel play tackle / swing tackle.

This is stupid. Depth is a good thing for good teams.

Quote:This is stupid. Depth is a good thing for good teams.

Agreed. Just focus on winning with what we have... maybe sign some guys once final cuts occur. I don't believe this rumor though. I call shenanigans.
No commercial messages in sigs

We need as many OT's as we can get.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:This is stupid. Depth is a good thing for good teams.

Consider the source(s)

Common sense tells me not to get wrapped up in this "story."

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."