Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags looking to trade depth

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 02:41 PM by BklynJag.)

@alexmarvez As referenced by @MarkdominikESPN, on @SIRIUSXM NFL, @Jaguars so deep at some spots (DL/TEs) team hopes to trade depth at end of preseason

Hmmmmmm interesting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Could this mean Marcedes? I hope not, he is the longest tenured Jaguar and one of the few guys that has actually gone out of his way to stay here! Do they feel confident in Koyack? I could also see Marks or Miller being moved for the right price.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Marks, Bennett and Alualu come to mind immediately as names that could be shopped.

They can't really expect to get anything for depth players like Koyack, Bennett, or even Alualu if that's who they're talking about. However, that got me to think if they'd be talking about someone like Sen'Derrick. I think he gives us far more value than whatever realistic return we could get for him, especially coming back from his injuries, but he is the obvious backup to Malik Jackson and our lightning package had Odrick and Jackson on the interior against New York.

I'm more just thinking out loud here and don't expect them to actually consider trading away Marks, but that tweet just seems odd for our run of the mill depth.

Henne

Henne

Henne

Henne

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bennett and Alualu seem somewhat likely, with Marks and Lewis a bit less likely but possible IMO. 

A receiver like Benn, Walters or Evans could be packaged too. 

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 02:55 PM by BklynJag.)

Hopefully we can get some oline help. Also wouldn't mind trading Marcedes Lewis.

Are we looking for players or 2017 draft picks?

There are only a few guys even tradable. Marks, Poz, and Davis come to mind. Maybe Joke? I have no idea.

Maybe they can send Alualu to Dallas for a late round pick? I'd take it..
Shock the world

If we can get a decent OG I'd be happy

Quote:If we can get a decent OG I'd be happy

Or LT. Because Joeckel at LG seems to be a good call

We need Oline depth.

Quote:We need Oline depth.

Agreed. Waiting on cuts as well as trades. I'd be shocked if we didn't add an Olineman before week 1.
Shock the world

Trade Alualu for a bag of old footballs and a used Gatorade cooler.

Package up Marcedes with the old footballs and trade them for some used coaching headsets and a rusty weight bench.

Package up the Gatorade cooler, the headsets, and Joeckel for a conditional 2018 7th round pick.

Jags give: Alualu, Marcedes, Joeckel

Jags get: conditional 2018 7th, rusty weight bench.

I think we would hit the jackpot here.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Hopefully we can get some oline help. Also wouldn't mind trading Marcedes Lewis.
We won't get anything out of trading Marcedes. I'd rather have him for depth and his size is great for the red zone.

What about Odrick? Ideally I'd keep him but I think he could garner a decent lineman? Odrick to Dallas for Leary perhaps?

Quote:What about Odrick? Ideally I'd keep him but I think he could garner a decent lineman? Odrick to Dallas for Leary perhaps?

Solid idea. I think the team really likes Odrick though.
Shock the world

Quote:What about Odrick? Ideally I'd keep him but I think he could garner a decent lineman? Odrick to Dallas for Leary perhaps?
Risky, he was our sack leader last year.

Marks is probably the most intriguing. Hes the best player of all realistic options, and we have enough backup dts right now. But marks just seems like a guy everyone around the building loves so i imagine its a tough call for them to make. If they can get a solid lineman out of it by all means but id be sad to see him go.